Username
crubf

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:1:42499582

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
16d 13:30:06h

Link to your Sourcebans record
(I am pretty sure I did this right, let me know if I did this wrong)

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
The slot is listed as available

Server you are applying for
US Jailbreak

General online times & time zone
CST
Weds/Sun 8pm-10am
Every other day 8pm-9:30pm / ~6 am-10am

Do you have a working microphone?
(This is required for Jailbreak admins)
Yes.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)
n/a

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
I'm a jailbreak player. I play jailbreak a lot. In fact, when I launch tf2 it's what I usually play. I work in a leadership role at a large grocer during the graveyard shift, so my hours don't tend to align with normal people's schedules. During my off nights, I frequently find myself playing jailbreak when I have nothing better to do. I've played for quite a while now and I've come to notice that there's a lot of special individuals who come on and actively ruin the game for everyone who can continue to do so for hours on end due to what appears to be a lack of active admins during the time period that I am active. Rather than playing other games, touching grass, etc. I've decided that it's ultimately for the better that I shoot for admin to help better prevent this.

(Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.)
After glancing at a couple current and prior admin applications I've become aware that there is a more accepted, universal form of punishment stacking, though I think for the purpose of this segment I will list how I would perform my own stacking if given the freedom.

Comms offenses (micspamming, overtalking, text spam, etc)
1st-3rd: warning
4th: 1 day mute/gag
5th: 3 day mute/gag
6th: 1 week mute/gag
7th: 1 month mute/gag
8th: perm

Non-egregious guard offenses (freehitting, accidental freekill, griefing, etc)
1st/2nd: Slay + warning
3rd: 6 hr guardban
4th: 3 day guard ban
5th: 1 week guard ban
6th: 2 week guard ban
7th: perma

Major offenses (mfk, cheating)
Perma guard ban + 1 week server ban

Exploits (server crashing, ammo glitching)
1st: 1 day server ban
2nd: 1 week server ban
3rd: perma

You’re pretty good all around. Make a report or two and I’ll call it a +1, I see you on at off- times quite often, and rarely ever see you be toxic. Though you are making calls, just make a report so I can see what you’d punish for.

Howdy ho Mr Crubf

Really happy with this application, personally you flew under the radar for me but that isn't entirely a bad thing. You've never stuck out to me as a troublemaker and act very mature (Probably due to your age, fellow boomer). Chat logs looks fantastic and i see some decent warnings given out as well as rule clarifications. Judging from your logs, you seem to have a calm demeanor, you don't seem combative at all and that's really important as an admin.

After glancing at a couple current and prior admin applications I've become aware that there is a more accepted, universal form of punishment stacking, though I think for the purpose of this segment I will list how I would perform my own stacking if given the freedom.

Your ladder also is also a plus, instead of giving us the general copy and paste ladder that is expected out of most applicants, you created a ladder based on how you'd punish others while still maintaining the fact you are aware of the usual stacking procedure we use. Your personal ladder tells us a great deal about you as far as what we can expect from you, which is the adoption of warning first and then punishing. Really happy to see that and shows you have the right mindset.

I appreciate the amount of Calladmins you are doing, I've noticed that you've been quick to call regarding MFKs or alts, please keep doing this! I recommend that if you ever have the opportunity, try and make a report to show us your capable of following a template and gathering evidence like @Sleepzombie suggested. I've already seen you instruct others on how to record a demo on discord so I don't see you having any issues with this.

Gonna give you my +1 as i can't really find any glaring issues on you personally besides you being brand spankin' new to the forums. But i'm sure that will remedy in time, hope to see you are given an opportunity.

Best of luck!

Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
As Ian said your a pretty solid all around player. I don't have much else to add other than my +1

Last edited:
Generally a friendly regular, knows his way around interacting with players, if a bit silent at times. You play on blue a-lot so I can tell you know your way around rules, Nothing bad on your name so all around a pretty solid applicant, looking forward to making fun of regulars with you if you get accepted.

How much +1 could an admin +1 +1

Something for me to get serious on.

Anyway nice going crub, you're actually one of the few people where I think that you will do a splendid task as an admin.
You use /call quite a lot and responded positively to Sleepzombies request of making a report and two.

You have good, but rather unreliable sessions. It is nice to see someone dedicated to play on JB and then willing to apply for it. But I am also a bit concerned about your abnormally high sessions you have at times.
1660830424444.png
I won't prohibit you from playing on JB of course, however you would also get a burnout rather quickly if you keep the sessions up like that.
Regardless of how high your sessions are, they won't influence on my vote, as I believe that you will eventually find a balance (spending >1/3rd of a day playing a gamemode within a game is definetly NOT balanced).
I just hope that at the very least you don't feel forced to have high sessions. I want you to mainly see it as something you can enjoy.

Well I believe you are having a lot of fun since your chat history is quite amusing to skim through.
Some warnings here and there but no matter because you are quite the mic user. Your Mic quality is also very nice: Loud and Clear, aswell as giving off a presence to the entire server whenever you're on.

The message you wrote on how you would handle punishments in the server is definetly a nice touch. You admit to informing yourself on how punishments are done in the servers by looking at other applications, aswell as giving your own thoughts on how you plan to moderate the server.
Your number of stackings don't quite match up with ours, however those things will change anyway once you become admin. Rather than that, it is very clear that you have a good idea on how to moderate as server.

As for in-game: We meet eachother quite often so I already have a good idea on how your behaviour in the server is. You simply give off the vibes as if you're already an admin. Or in other words once you get accepted, I believe hardly anything will change for you other than having more responsibility.

+1. I don't believe that there is anything you have to do. Just play like you have always done it.

That's all the required feedback, time to put this under review!

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

• Scared
Reactions: crubf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread