Crits in JB (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Mapper
https://www.panda-community.com/threads/turn-the-guards-crits-to-mini-crits.17472/ this is a thread from last year and has been locked and not looked at in a long time.

In my opinion, I think guards & warden should have crits removed or changed. Rebelling is extremely difficult already and guards having crits for as long as warden is alive is quite annoying. Another thing to point out is how this could you know...greatly reduce accidental freekills and mass freekills, well attempt to reduce mass freekills.
I've been on servers where they dont have crits and they are doing perfectly fine even when there is a small number of blues compared to reds considering the fact that they have guns so if they can't keep reds under control its a matter of skill.

Removing crits completely for both red and blue I am implying removing random crits will make things fair but still in the favour of blues due to weapons, this goes the same for just removing crits from blues and keeping random crits.

Replacing crits with minicrits will still give blues a massive advantage but still make it easier to rebel and reduce freekills.

Final option, and my least favourite but still is a good option, Crits when less than 4 guards/ Mini-crits when 4+, warden always has crits

TL;DR: Less Freekills, easier rebelling, more skill

Poll closes in 7 days

I guess if there are more than 3 voted options I will ask an admin to redo the poll with the 3 highest options to see which should be implemented.
Going to edit the poll to allow 2 options.

I think its should be a great idea to have the Guards crits to be replaced with mini crits
Here are some P + N
Positives:
1- Can kill rebellers faster and quicker
2- Makes it easier..I guess for BLU's
Negatives:
Maybe reduces accidental MFK / FK
Sometimes make it less or way harders for RED's to rebel
Getting killed by a random ass crit
sometimes leading players saying "FREEKILL"

1- Can kill rebellers faster and quicker etc...
Uh.. that's not how that works, I think you got it confused.

Think the poll has too many options and is too confusing with more than 1 vote being allowed... IMO options should be:
  1. Keep as it is.
  2. Crits when less than 4 guards/ Mini-crits when 4+, warden always has crits (See most voted for option on the previous thread).
  3. Warden has crits, all guards have minicrits all the time.
I believe option 3 to be the most viable and balanced solution, as every guard having 100% crits while the warden is alive is far too powerful, and makes rebelling even harder than it already is, not to mention minigames like War Day, Hide n Seek etc. where the Blus can just run around as Soldier spamming rockets into every corner/across the map. Anyway most of the options in the current poll are pretty much the same thing with lil tweaks and stuff which I don't see necessary. Giving just the Warden crits still caters for the Blu regulars who'd want to keep crits, and minicrits are still pretty powerful anyway.

Thanks for reading my thoughts

Reactions: TWC
2019-08-23 (3).png

Here's the task set up for that thread. Probably by luigi.
I'll just bump at end of vote. Would love a tldr comment at the end of the vote too.

Also er a mini opinion, if guard crits start getting shut down(like none at all, not sure about other scenarios) I would consider thinking about allowing re-warden. Otherwise you're giving way too much power towards the reds. Not sure if that's mentioned all ready if it is sweet ?
Oh also guard crits have been around since eu jailbreak and ny jailbreak where born. It's a huge change and might not ever be done. Keep that in mind to avoid disappointment (and might be the reason why it's not pushed. Just sat there for 11 months).

Edit: To the 'Oh also guard crits have been around since eu jailbreak and ny jailbreak where born.' Was just pointing out the obvious, wasn't making an excuse to keep crits. If I came across that way mb

Last edited:
Personally not a fan of this being changed at all. No offense but most guards on the server aren't exactly the most skilled players. They need the crits, otherwise I have a feeling rounds will start turning into nightmares for them.

Maybe it's worth trying something at least? Not really a fan of this idea though either. What if a change is made that ends up worse then before? are you going to rely on Kevin changing it back relatively soon before it starts hurting the server? I just don't think its worth it.

side note
Crits when less than 4 guards/ Mini-crits when 4+, warden always has crits
Is this even possible? it seems like the original suggester didn't even know

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread