Accepted Cowboy's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator

Cowboy's Application.png

Yeah yeah, look at this noob trying to use photoshop.

~Username
Cowboy

~Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:67072218

~Current Playtime
HLstats Profile

~(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
The one and the only, @Semicolon Backslash (creator of JB oranger)

~Server you are applying for
US Jailbreak

~General online times & time zone

Online earlier in the morning and late and night, Pacific time zone

Early Morning 9:00 am to 1:00 Pm PST ( 12:00 – 4:00 Pm Eastern time)

and

Late night 7:00 Pm to 1:00 Am PST (10:00 Pm to 4:00 Am Eastern time)

~Previous experience as Admin or Moderator

(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)
I was a Jailbreak Moderator for a year on another server and feel comfortable with majority of the basic source commands.

~What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
  • Squeaky clean record, cannot recall a time where I’ve even been warned by a staff member
  • Previous experience in Sourcemod commands, I will need minimal amount of help from a mentor if I am accepted (However, I might pester you with questions anyway!)
  • High frequency of !calladmins and reports
  • Fairly experienced in a forum environment (Handling appeals, reports, ect)
  • With Human resigned, I can help out with the late-night Jailbreak calls that was otherwise handled by him
  • Good logs, I refrain from using heavy language or insulting players.
  • Pacific Time Zone, which appears to be a time zone that would best fit your staff team.
  • Good vibes.

~(Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.)

Here’s how I’d conduct myself as a staff member on panda

I think handing out punishments is a staff members secondary role. I believe that an Admin’s main role is maintaining server health. If Jailbreak wasn’t fun, it would be just another dead game mode. I always try to make the server laugh or converse with dead players over chat in order keep them engaged and hopefully build friendships until the next round starts. As an admin, I think we are in the best position to make sure regulars stay on the server by building up relationships with them and being open and friendly to new users who may become regulars in the future.

This section may be kind of cheesy, but I usually handle moderation in three different stages
~The Good Vibe

The Good Vibe is what I call when players and staff have respect for each other to the point that players will actively refrain from breaking rules and/or be more receptive when staff is explaining something. I usually try to create a chill atmosphere and try to give out casual warnings if people get a bit rowdy or go overboard. Some examples of things I like to say is “Chill out on the overtalking a bit” or “Hey you gotta do something else, this is an illegal order” or “Hey, you cant do X, Just letting you know for next time” . Most of the time people usually stop when told (Especially if they know you’re a staff member.) If the situation can be resolved with a simple respawn and a warning/reminder, I will usually go with that route. I think this kind of environment of jailbreak is something everybody wants to enjoy and be apart of and it’s what I actively try to achieve, however once it crosses the line I try to put my foot down

~The not so good vibe

When things start to cross the line is when I usually start getting a little more serious. Usually this happens when people ignore warnings from other players or staff members or start to break rules in a group with multiple people involved. (Which they tend to feed off of each other). This is when I speak more directly with examples like “Stop doing X, Or you’ll be teambanned.” or “Alright that’s enough, Knock it off or you’ll be muted”. I communicate these warnings using commands like Sm_csay or Psay. If they continue to not heed warnings, that is when I usually will hand out punishments in accordance with the ladder.

~THE BAD VIBE

Whenever I encountered MFK, Blatant Micspam, Racism and cheaters, I usually just throw the hammer down and immediately ban/mute these types of people following the suggested ladder. I have no real room for people who are intentionally trying to make other people’s experience on the server unpleasant for their own amusement and I'm usually quick to punish them so they don't continue to disrupt the server. Nobody likes to play on a server with a bad vibe.

~Punishment Ladder
~Teambans

1st- 1 Hour (60 Minutes)

2nd- 3 Hours ( 180 Minutes)

3rd- 6 hours ( 360 minutes )

4th- 0 (Perm)

~Mute/Gags/Bans

1st- 12 hours (720 minutes)

2nd - 1 Day (1440 minutes)

3rd - 3 Days (4320 minutes)

4th - 1 Week (10080 minutes)

5th - 1 Month (43200 minutes)

6th - Permanent (0 minutes)

~Hacking
Permanent (0 minutes) (With Demo Evidence so it can be attached to the Sourceban)
~Intentional MFK
Permanent (0 minutes) (Teamban)
~Unintentional MFK
4 Hours (240)
~Inappropriate Spray
Permanent Spray Ban

----------

~Addressing some mistakes and my past

In this section, I’ve detailed two major mistakes in my history that I’d like to address. The reason I am addressing it here is because it would be something that I myself would bring up if I was staff reviewing my own application.

~Mistake I – False/Bad reports

During my first week on the server, I made a few reports on the server that ended up being invalid/completely incorrect or just plain not worth reporting.

Even before those reports were fully processed, I had some conversations with some regulars and eventually TRG. The regulars explained to me that the culture in Panda is much different than other servers. Players must be warned about their behavior before they are reported (In most cases). Me and TRG also had a conversation, and he gave me some solid advice on what sort of reports to make and reinforcing the idea that players who make mistakes shouldn’t just be instantly punished, but instead taught the right way so they don’t make the same mistake again.

This sentiment really made me think of how rock solid the player base in Panda, The regulars here have been around for a long time and are generally exemplary players. The culture here at Panda is what has sucked me in and has given me the most fun I’ve had in jailbreak in a very long time. Looking back to what I know currently, I would’ve definitely tried to warn the players I was reporting and just doing a better job at explaining what they were doing wrong and what to do instead.

Since the reports, I have taken TRG’s advice and I make my best effort to warn players what they are doing wrong and what sort of punishment they could face if they continued their actions. Only after they continue to break the rules, is when I go forward in the report process. Here are some examples on how I go about warning players.

“Hey, Stop overtalking warden while he’s giving orders, going overboard can get you muted”

“Make sure to give orders as warden before the cell doors open, forcing freeday can get you guardbanned”

I also have taken advantage of !calladmin and try to use it whenever I encounter somebody breaking the rules . I understand that there is probably some things I still need to learn, but I’m excited to ask questions and become an even better admin than I was previously.

~Mistake II – Inactivity.

As I’m sure you will uncover, my activity on my previous community was substandard and would probably not fly in Panda. For the year that I was active as a staff member, I was only active around 6 or 7 months of it. There is a lot of factors in why this is, but it mostly boils down to real life issues. My life between 2021 and 2022 was a hard time, constant moving, applying for a transfer to college, working to pay the bills. These factors caused me to slowly drift away from Jailbreak and I was inactive for an extended period because of it

Looking back, I wish I would’ve made the mature decision and simply resigned because of inactivity so another more deserving applicant could take my spot, but alas, I cannot go back in time.

So, what’s changed?

Lots of things, Stable home, more free time and a rekindling of passion for the gamemode.

I stumbled upon Panda by chance one night and ran into some regulars that I would soon call my friends (Jin, Opendanger, Kkman, Calassic, Mochi, Skunk and far too many others to count) In just that one night I had the most fun in jailbreak since I first played it back in 2018. Every single time I log on I’m always excited on who will be on the server that night and how I could make people laugh or just have a good time. I quickly adapted to Panda’s Rules and found that I quite liked them even though I was nervous at first and tried my best not to break any rules until I learned them. What made my experience even better was the fact that the staff team here did not treat me any differently than other players and accepted me as just another regular, despite being staff in another community.

If I do end up going inactive for any reason, I will do my best to inform the admin team and be more communicative. If there is ever a time where I feel the need to step away from my position, I would be more than welcome to resign and allow a hungrier and more dedicated player a chance for the position and simply re-apply once I am ready.

top-gun.gif

Really want to take the time and thank whoever sat
through this insanely long application
Being on Panda so far has been a blast and
I have loved meeting you all so far.
No matter what the outcome is
You can expect Good 'ol Cowboy to be on the servers again.

Cheers!

Hey cowboy, you are extremely good at remaining calm, and people listen to you already when enforcing rules which is hard to do without being able to punish rule breakers, you’ve acknowledged the reports so I have no problem there. Your playtime is on the low side, but I can’t dock you for it since it meets our clear standard.
I’m good to +1 you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cowboy
Salutations Cowboy, Thanks for taking your time to apply.

Feedback [Current Stance : +1]:

First off, thank you for taking my feedback seriously. I really don't think I need to repeat my usual catchphrase of "Work on the warnings" as you clearly will expect me to bring it up. You are a very chill and pretty epic dude. I wouldn't care much for sessions as that is my last priority. Forcing yourself on jb just because of sessions would lead to burnout. Do whats best for you I always say. Sessions wise, you do cover night jb times so that's a great bonus. I did have a talk with StenRodd about how you were like over at Blackwonder and he gave me some pretty good insight.
1655146309429.png

I don't think I can find any negatives on you whatsoever. This is a clear +1.

Cowboy has been a regular for some time now, A generally good and lively person to play with, the server has taken a quick liking to him as a whole. In terms of his behavior as he has pointedly told everyone in his application, Its pretty clean.

I've played with him plenty on the server and he takes to warning individuals pretty well in voice, I've seen him use the calladmin function often and a good plus is he reports on the forums, I would like to also touch on his past experience as a Blackwonder Moderator. I've played a bit with him in the BW server to see how he dealt with rulebreakers and honestly I like his style, I thoroughly think he'd fit well in the team and be an exceptional boon to it.

In terms of feedback I'd like to say that 60 minutes as a first punishment for your teambans might be a bit too lenient, If you ask me 120 would be the sweet spot for a first teamban punishment, speaking of teambans, they're supposed to be 4 and then a permanent one and for your unintentional MFK bans, its best to have a number that coincides with your punishment ladder already and not an arbitrary one, easier to remember and organize.

Overall, a really high quality application and a high quality applicant, Looking forward to seeing you as part of the team, Professional Kitten CollectorTM

+1

Nice memes. What do you think of mine?

In conclusion from the video: -1
It is very interesting to see a Moderator migrate from Blackwonder over to Panda because to be frank, Panda is just as bad to moderate in. Your previous experience which you had to moderate a server until yesterday in a different community is a very big plus because "experience is the best teacher" (Something I love reminding myself with). You might have some struggles at first since there are some admin commands that differ or are new to you (is it true you had no !slap command?), but I believe it won't even take an hour until you get used to it.
And despite growing up in a community with an entirely different culture and rules, you were very quick to acknowledge your mistakes and quite eager to learn how we do things over here.

I don't even feel bothered to write all the good points down because I spent too long on that low quality 15 second video.

As for the bad points? Well Zee already mentioned it (teamban stacking), but thats so miniscule it doesn't even matter.

Good luck with the application and I hope you will get a quick response.
+1

Cowboy has been a regular for some time now, A generally good and lively person to play with, the server has taken a quick liking to him as a whole. In terms of his behavior as he has pointedly told everyone in his application, Its pretty clean.

I've played with him plenty on the server and he takes to warning individuals pretty well in voice, I've seen him use the calladmin function often and a good plus is he reports on the forums, I would like to also touch on his past experience as a Blackwonder Moderator. I've played a bit with him in the BW server to see how he dealt with rulebreakers and honestly I like his style, I thoroughly think he'd fit well in the team and be an exceptional boon to it.

In terms of feedback I'd like to say that 60 minutes as a first punishment for your teambans might be a bit too lenient, If you ask me 120 would be the sweet spot for a first teamban punishment, speaking of teambans, they're supposed to be 4 and then a permanent one and for your unintentional MFK bans, its best to have a number that coincides with your punishment ladder already and not an arbitrary one, easier to remember and organize.

Overall, a really high quality application and a high quality applicant, Looking forward to seeing you as part of the team, Professional Kitten CollectorTM

+1
Hey Zee, thanks for taking the time to reply to my application.
I know Cridove mentioned that my ladder problem was miniscule but i still want to take some time and heed your advice and make some changes nonetheless.

Teambans
1. 120 (2 hours)
2. 240 (4 hours)
3. 480 (8 hours)
4. 960 (16 hours)
5. 0 (Permanent)

Unintentional MFK
1. 480 (8 hours)
2. 0 (Permanent)

Hope this more up to your standards, let me know if there is anything else i can improve on.

View attachment 22843 very suitable for admin
Thanks for the feedback

Pretty chill guy with a good batch of prior experience. From what I've seen you're open to correcting your mistakes (such as calling someone a rat or something idk). Four days of playtime is leaning on the side of being the "bare minimum" but I'm willing to overlook it since you resigned from your previous community just to apply here. I've talked with you a fair bit in dm's and I can say you seemed to really care about the server and jailbreak as a whole even going as far to offer to help make models for my jailbreak maps for free (or maybe that was just your secret way of ensuring I would give you a +1).

+1

hallo

Everything I'd say has already been said, you're pretty calm in chaotic situations and people respect you and the warnings you give. You already fixed the ladder stuff so that's cool 👍. It'd be cool to see you as an admin on JB 🍞

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread