Declined Chicken McTitties AKA "Stone Cold" Salty's JB NY Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mole/Salty

- Your name and/or nickname

Anthony, Salty, My Steam name, with always includes McTitties in it for example: (insert name) McTitties.

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

I meet the age requirements and Jailbreak New York has open admin positions.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:0:101534659

- Your general online times and your timezone

I am usually on every day of the week. Times on weekdays are usually 4:00PM to 9:00PM CT. Weekends are a guarantee that I will be on almost all day, however it depends on my mood. For example I might be on at 8:00AM to 3:00PM or 4:00PM to 10:00PM. Sundays and Thursdays are days when I might be on late because I will be editing and uploading videos around the afternoon or evening.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

This is only for the Jailbreak NY server, nothing else. That will be the only server I visit.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes Indeed.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I was a trial admin on a GMOD TTT server called FUBAR gaming community for quite a while, probably 2 months minimum if not then a month only.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Commands such as !ban/!kick/!mute/!gag <playername> <time length> <reason> would sound strongly familiar with me.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I will be a fair, fun, yet strict member as an admin. Anyone that does not comply with rules, statements, or requests from other admins or players on the server will be punished on sight only. This is not just for any cool powers, abilities to ban, kick, mute, gag etc. to anyone that doesn't comply with rules, this is only to secure the server 100%, to secure the server from any arguments about rules, to secure any rulebreakers.

I will be the eagle in the sky 24/7 as an admin. I will watch movement on everyone looking like or called out to be suspicious of any rulebreaking or any cause of unfair moves from guards and or the warden him/herself.

I will be the lead in leadership on the server. Despite the fact that I have been on this server for about a few months now, I am fully adjusted with rules, that includes the updated version of the rules.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I'm a simple person. As I've stated above, I will be a fair, fun, yet a strict admin. The last thing I ultimately want to do is ruin the fun for anybody that fails to comply one or more rules. I want everyone to have a great time while playing, but if I see anybody that violates a rule, doesn't abide by a request someone made for someone else or in overall just acts like a jerk on the server, I will take actions against it. I will give a couple warnings to whoever breaks a rule, maybe 1 or 2 , or maybe even 3, but if it happens to start becoming a constant occurrence, their will be consequences such as a kick, a ban, a gag or a mute. I will not hesitate as well. Now I will only give consequences if I see it happen, otherwise if I'm not their, then I will stay overwatch and wait if it happens again and no consequences will be made immediately.

F.Y.I, please do not turn me down because of your feelings towards me if you had played with me before. I want your honest opinions and your thoughts on this application. If you have your honest thoughts and opinions on me, I will get a great understanding on it, but otherwise if you say no just because, then I will not understand at all and it will not make me enjoy you much. Much Obliged, and wish me luck!

also forgot my times for bans:
W=Warning

For other:

Mic/chat spam: W/180min/360min/540min/3days/perm
Insult, language, or offensive wording: W/180min/360min/540min/3days/perm
Hacking/cheating: W#1/W#2/Perma-ban

For Jailbreak:

Freekilling: W/Insta-slay/240min/480min/perm (MFK is Zero tolerance. Perma-ban)
Baiting: W with slay/240min/480min/720min/perm
No Mic as warden: perma-ban
Last request/Death request denial: W/slay/240min/480min/720min/perm
AFK on BLU: guard-banned for 180 min.

Rulebreaking in general: W/slay/240min/480min/720min/perm

Last edited by a moderator:
I've edited your punishments into the application.
Also everyone please refrain from posting unless you have some information or insight into the applicant. Thanks :azbaby:

To be honest I do like how active you are on the server as well as you calling me on when something is going on. However, I am aware of several minor things that you've been doing such as doing games that are banned or at least trying to (and I know the rules have been changed recently so meatgrinder being LR only is still not in everyones head yet), additionally, I have seen you insult on some occasions, and that is something to work on if you want to be taken seriously as an admin. Joking around and poking fun at players punished is something I think many admins do on the sidelines privately, its a good way to bond tbh. That being said insulting players on the server, admin or not, basically tells me that you might become heated when something happens or when you make a mistake or are called out on something.

Im leaning towards -1 unfortunately.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kyl3
To be honest I do like how active you are on the server as well as you calling me on when something is going on. However, I am aware of several minor things that you've been doing such as doing games that are banned or at least trying to (and I know the rules have been changed recently so meatgrinder being LR only is still not in everyones head yet), additionally, I have seen you insult on some occasions, and that is something to work on if you want to be taken seriously as an admin. Joking around and poking fun at players punished is something I think many admins do on the sidelines privately, its a good way to bond tbh. That being said insulting players on the server, admin or not, basically tells me that you might become heated when something happens or when you make a mistake or are called out on something.

Im leaning towards -1 unfortunately.
Ok so I understand That it seems like I've been insulting a lot recently, and honestly I do not have an excuse for that other than I would like to apologize sincerely for all that. I do not have any reason as to why my attitude has been like that but rest assured, I will change my attitude from now on on the server, acting a lot more mature and not spilling lots of insults and immaturity very often. Whether I'm admin or not, whether I get accepted or not, my attitude will change for a better seriousness on the server, from here on out and I would once again like to apologize for my behavior.

Please do not comment on an app unless it’s to bring up important information on the applicant.

Yonker's right.

IhUcmM1.jpg

a) Offensive names
Any name that could potentially offend other players, such as insults, discrimination, or an otherwise objectionable name, is forbidden. This extends into weapon names and descriptions.

Right then. I think I've seen enough.

Salty is an active regular and has been one for quite some time on NY JB. He is friendly towards the people he knows, active on the server most days, however, he isn't too fond of all the rules.

First and foremost is his insulting; he tends to use minor-moderate insulting nearly all the time (mainly on mic), especially towards newer players who are just getting adapted to the game. He also tends to pick on players who are punished in a way of teasing them. This is not admin behavior at all. I'm also really concerned about that Gas Passer rename.

I'm not sure if this next bit will affect this application too much but I think I'll bring this up anyway:

He can be disrespectful in more ways then one. For example: whenever Salty is on Red and gets freekilled we re-spawn him because he was killed unfairly. That's typically what we do to make sure the Red gets back in line fair and square. Typically when I re-spawn a prisoner, I always say "Do not abuse your re-spawn." This is because you were supposed to be in line and no where else so I always give a warning to not abuse the re-spawn. Everytime I have had to re-spawn Salty, he has abused it. He has rebelled after his fair re-spawn and detoured just to slay himself. I re-spawned him in the first place so he can get back in line since he was killed unfairly. I find this abuse of privilege quite disrespectful as we use our powers to keep order and make everything fair for all players according to the game rules, and Salty abuses this privilege. I'm not sure how my team feels about this, but I myself just find this quite disrespectful.

But even if that is the smallest issue here, his behavior sums up my vote. He doesn't warn rule breakers very much and tends to mic spam himself at some points just for a meme or joke. He also talks a bit about some unnecessary topics that could be offensive to some players at some points in the game when he finds an "opportunity", for example; the topic on that Gas Passer rename.

After everything I've stated, I'm giving a -1

Right then. I think I've seen enough.

Salty is an active regular and has been one for quite some time on NY JB. He is friendly towards the people he knows, active on the server most days, however, he isn't too fond of all the rules.

First and foremost is his insulting; he tends to use minor-moderate insulting nearly all the time (mainly on mic), especially towards newer players who are just getting adapted to the game. He also tends to pick on players who are punished in a way of teasing them. This is not admin behavior at all. I'm also really concerned about that Gas Passer rename.

I'm not sure if this next bit will affect this application too much but I think I'll bring this up anyway:

He can be disrespectful in more ways then one. For example: whenever Salty is on Red and gets freekilled we re-spawn him because he was killed unfairly. That's typically what we do to make sure the Red gets back in line fair and square. Typically when I re-spawn a prisoner, I always say "Do not abuse your re-spawn." This is because you were supposed to be in line and no where else so I always give a warning to not abuse the re-spawn. Everytime I have had to re-spawn Salty, he has abused it. He has rebelled after his fair re-spawn and detoured just to slay himself. I re-spawned him in the first place so he can get back in line since he was killed unfairly. I find this abuse of privilege quite disrespectful as we use our powers to keep order and make everything fair for all players according to the game rules, and Salty abuses this privilege. I'm not sure how my team feels about this, but I myself just find this quite disrespectful.

But even if that is the smallest issue here, his behavior sums up my vote. He doesn't warn rule breakers very much and tends to mic spam himself at some points just for a meme or joke. He also talks a bit about some unnecessary topics that could be offensive to some players at some points in the game when he finds an "opportunity", for example; the topic on that Gas Passer rename.

After everything I've stated, I'm giving a -1

In terms of the rename, it’s very easy to just not use that weapon on the server so that technically anybody viewing his loadout doesn’t see it. This is similar to the conscious objector rule but to a lesser extent because it’s obviously not a visual image on a sign. I still agree though with all of what you said it, and if he has in fact been doing that when being respawned and general behavior then all the more reason why I do agree with a -1

Pretty much everything I wanted to say is listed by the other admins.
You're one of the best jailbreak players I enjoy playing with, fun players on the servers gosh I love you guys too damn much. You do understand and step back when an admin steps in. One time you did say 'it's just fun' but that's the problem, not to say admin's are their to ruin the fun but what others consider fun is not fun for the others. Finding a decent balance between fun for everyone is pretty difficult. I also remember we had an issue when you kept making holocaust jokes(referencing really) and someone who was a jew got upset and told his frustration on microphone how he felt uncomfortable. After a couple of 'please don't do this salty' you calmed down, but after a couple of days you started up again because the user wasn't present.

Generally overall, you're a pleasure to play with. But as admin material I'm not sure if you fit the bill for a jailbreak admin. -1.
I'm going to close this up for review. It's possible something could change over the the months.

declined for several reasons said above + current bad chat behavior.

you may apply again in a month; 31.01.2019

Reactions: TWC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread