Accepted chaz's Second Admin Application - #05 VSH (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz

Name/Nickname:
fish - chaz, or just chaz, or just fish

Who gave you permission to apply?:
#05 VSH is currently looking for admins.

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:58833059

Online Times and Timezone:
I am currently in school. My online times on Steam from Monday - Friday are 3:30pm - 10:00pm. During these times I am usually playing VSH. Saturday and Sunday I am online from around 11am - 12pm. I may not be playing VSH all this time but I can easily respond to calls if needed. My timezone is GMT, UTC +0.

Which server do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?:
#05 VSH is the server I wish to apply for. I hardly ever play anything other than VSH, not even Casual. I would only focus on reports in VSH due to the fact that it is pretty much the only game mode I play and I don't know all the rules on any other Panda Server e.g JB.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes. I use it some times whether it be talking to friends or to reinforce rules.

Do you have experience with SourceMod/Administrating:
I was admin on VSH for just under 6 months during the second half of 2017, so yes, I know how to administrate using SourceMod.

Why should we choose you?:
As I just said in the previous question, I was admin before on this server for about 6 months. Therefore I have a lot of experience with SourceMod but also dealing with different kind of situations when an admin is needed. I play on the VSH server a lot which means that there are multiple times that I have seen people breaking the rules but there is no admin present. If I were admin it would cut down on the amount of rule breakers if the other admins aren't online. At the moment I can't do anything about these rule breakers without any powers so all I can do is use my binds that reinforce the rules e.g 'Use !resetq if you don't want to be hale'. I also like to think that because of my 39 days on this server I have a lot of experience with the game mode. This means that I can easily aid any new players if they need help with any of the game mechanics/rules/commands. I always try to be a good role model in this respect so that players follow my actions whether it be reinforcing rules or just generally being a kind and helpful person. I resigned at the end of 2017 due to the fact that I lost interest in TF2 and started to play other game(s) (literally only CS:GO). However, I came back to TF2 obviously and I will be sticking to it so I definitely will not want to resign again (also my computer is too bad to run CS:GO anymore). Lastly, as said in my last application, I always love to be involved in this community as much as possible and being admin would allow that (and because it is the best community in the world).

What will you do as Admin?:
It all depends on the situation and/or the severity. However this is a basic template:

Communication Rules (these lengths will be after 2 verbal/chat warnings just in case they didn't see one):
(I will count ghosting here as well. Racism will be more severe after the first gag/mute.)
120 -> 240 -> 720 -> 2 days -> 2 weeks -> 1 month -> permanent

Profile Rules (again, after 2 warnings):
Offensive Names: Will change their name if suitable (e.g if I can edit some of their name while keeping their name readable) otherwise bans: kick -> 240 -> 480 -> 720 -> 2 days -> 2 weeks -> 1 month -> permanent
Admin Impersonation: kick -> 480 -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 1 month -> permanent
Sprays: Remove spray -> kick -> spray ban 240 -> 720 -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 1 month -> permanent

VSH Specific Rules (after 2 warnings):
Camping/Wasting time/Teaming: timebomb/slay -> kick -> ban 240 -> 720 -> 2 days -> 2 weeks -> 1 month -> permanent
Being AFK (after 1 or 2 slaps): I will usually kick the player if they are AFK. However if there is a specific player that I always see afk, I will have to result to bans.

And obviously hacking = permanent (with demo evidence)

Other Info:

Bans - 3 on record (+1 unbanned) - last over 1 year ago
Comms - 4 on record (+2 unbanned) - last over 1 year ago
Play time - 39 days 08:26:06 hours
Chat Log
Sessions
Steam Profile
Previous Application

@Roar @Matth @Zeliax @Trixie

Thank you for reading my second application and I hope to join the admin team once again.

fish - chaz

Heyyo,

Damn, I remember the days before we both resigned as Trials on VSH, this was nice to see.

Your application is good, the punishment section is good, you enforce rules with your already made admin binds from earlier days - in general looks good. I have spoken to him about one episode which I found in chatlog, but as I thought, which was also the reason I spoke to him about it before judging, it was solved and just in general weird.

It's a perfect opportunity to get back a OG Trial to VSH, good luck my love:pepe2:

+1

There aren't many negatives I can find to say about chaz, as a player, representative, role model and more. He is a great example of what we expect to see from applicants, consistently enforcing rules using binds, helping out new players to the game mode, and usually keeps a level head while playing - very rarely do I see him lose his cool. Previously being an admin proves he is knowledgable of the commands often used on vsh and I'm sure will have no trouble readjusting to the admin role. The only qualm I have with the application is the punishments are a little messy, sometimes 5th is permanent, and sometimes 6th and even 7th, but this is not something that should be setting off massive alarm bells, punishments can be easily coached to the correct guidelines.

Always great to see a former admin applying again, and it's been an absolute pleasure playing with you again since your return. Even if you flew past me on gameME rankings.

+1

Chaz is one of the VSH users I respect the most.
He always enforces rules, he never lacks of politeness, he is always kind and helpful with everybody.
He is very active, his chatlogs are totally clean and I like the professional way he communicates in-game.
I also appreciate the effort he has put in writing this admin application (the punishments' length may be improved during the trial period).

I give a full +1 , you deserve it.
Hoping to have you back in our team. Thank you for applying.

• Agree
Reactions: Roar and chaz
Although I am not an admin anymore, can I just say that Chaz is genuinely one of the nicest players on vsh to come across. I never heard him once in all my time as admin and to this day ever see chaz be toxic or insult. One of the best players to hop onto and have a good laugh with. I do not know Chaz's previous experience as I wasn't around but man he is made of the purest admin material money can buy from what I have seen. (way better than I ever was)

Goodluck my friend.

Ya Boi
-Magglet

• Friendly
Reactions: chaz and Geronimo
Chaz is for me a very respectful player to me,
he knows all the rules and he draws attention to players that break them.
All in one is chaz a very good candidate for a trial admin !

from me +1,5
I hope that i will see you in out team soon ;)

Reactions: chaz
With all feedback this is ready for under review, good luck chaz and good to see you back ::):
Anything else we need to know please PM me or another full.

Reactions: chaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread