Change RTV method on deathrun #09 server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

Donator
Changing map on deathrun server via rtv requires to do it twice. First is for the map then 5 minutes cooldown to start it again and then change the map. Also the it only needs around 30% people on the server to force the vote.

I'd suggest to change the method to a single vote and then change the map after current round, needing at the same time 60-65% current players vote to force that.

• Agree
Reactions: Furken and Yelowchy
That's pretty much been around since the start of deathrun. To change something thats worked for the server a long time may not go down well.
If it's not broken, don't fix it!

Lmao I'm joking around. The twice voting yeah that is a little weird. I remember bringing it up when I was a deathrun admin back in 2014-2016, I think it's just originally a part of the rtv process. I guess the server wants to make sure they want to change it? xD Heck knows.
Would be good if possible the rtv doesn't force during round, should be at round end.
As for changing how many votes are needed to change the map to a higher percentage that's double the rate? No that's too high too fast. I'm not sure how often a map is changed via rtv. If it's all the time, bump it up 10% instead of going to 30% bump right off the bat.

• Informative
Reactions: Nikola
As for changing how many votes are needed to change the map to a higher percentage that's double the rate? No that's too high too fast. I'm not sure how often a map is changed via rtv. If it's all the time, bump it up 10% instead of going to 30% bump right off the bat.
I proposed 60% since it's a value occurring on other dr server, if it will be too low (40% for example) it might cause a constant map rtv's and map shouldn't change just because 8 people from 21 doesn't want to play the current map. It should be at least half of the server.

• Agree
Reactions: Furken
I proposed 60% since it's a value occurring on other dr server, if it will be too low (40% for example) it might cause a constant map rtv's and map shouldn't change just because 8 people from 21 doesn't want to play the current map. It should be at least half of the server.

Also it's important to not make it impossible either. Not all players care to vote rtv or even speak english to understand what rtv is. It's a nightmare trying to get them to vote rtv in it's current 30% rate.
40% is almost half and obtainable. If it ends up that it's still too low, we bump it. But doubling something that's been around for so long is drastic. Slow building it up, testing it out is a safer option then completely jacking it up

Edit : Overestimation on 'impossible' xD Nothing in impossible!

Last edited:
Well let's get the first order in business over this. We need confirmation someone will change the rtv for us. May it be highlighting what commands need to be used in order to change it if necessary.
If nobody comes up with anything, it'll have to be declined.
So feel free to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread