Declined Change of the "Cellwars" rule (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer911-1

Cell wars cannot be played if there are 4 or more Guards alive.
Change it to rather have it be a minimum guard-to-prisoner ratio.
It is more logical to allow cell wars like that since it is mainly used to decrease chances of failrounds.
Cellwars when there are 27 reds compared to 3 guards is logical if goal if you want an easy round as guard, however doing cellwars with 6 reds is just straight up bullshit.
Incase an example is needed of when cell wars is allowed with the new suggested rule (taking 1:4).
Guards​
Prisoners
1​
≥4
2​
≥8
3​
≥12
4​
≥16
5​
≥20
6​
≥24
So if there are 3 blus, cell wars is not allowed if there are less than 12 reds.
But in a different case it will permit cell wars with 4 blus aslong there are 16 or more reds.

The problem with this is that it requires jailbreak players to do basic math.

I think 1:5 is the perfect balance, if there's 4 guards there have to be at least 20 reds which would make for a difficult round. But when the ratio is 1:4 there have to be 16 reds, which isn't that hard to control. Also you got to take into thought that the player limit is 32. So if there are 6 guards they can't do cell wars with 26 reds if it's 1:5, but if it's 1:4 they would be able to do cellwars and that just sounds annoying

Also what about meatgrinder?

Real opinion time

This is a good idea that I just don't see working in actual gameplay.

First things first it would sound even more dumb to have to explain to new wardens that "you can only do cellwars if you have a 1:5 ratio of blues vs reds" versus "you can only do cellwars if you have 3 or less guards" while I joked about it in my last post you'd be surprised at how many tf2 players don't know how ratio's work leading to confusion and arguments over if cellwars was legal or not.

Another problem is the simple fact that cellwars denies the ability of over half the red team to play the game, for example you have 5 guards and 25 reds (1:5) you do cellwars at that number on mlcastle (6 cells) and require that there only be one per cell. You have immediately made it so that there is now one more prisoner than there are guards. This seems like overkill and has also made it near impossible to rebel. Now imagine this on a map with less cells such as bootcamp (4 cells) and even on maps with many cells such as bricker (10 cells) you are still denying the ability to play the game for 15 people. The only maps that would be fine are maps that cellwars doesn't really work on anyways due to them having a bunch of cells.

The guard team exponentially gets stronger rather than linearly as with greater numbers they can guard more escapes and have greater firepower against a bunch of melee wielding prisoners. 4 or 5 players is more than enough to guard most major exits in most jailbreak maps.

I dislike cellwars in general but I realize it is a necessary evil especially in 3 v 29 scenarios, expanding it into 4 or 5 players will give too much power to the guard team.

Why not just make it a limit required for reds too then? then both sides get the fairness they want
EX: cell wars cannot be started unless there is 3 or less guards and 12 or more prisoners

would be easier than explaining that you need 1:4 or 1:5 ratio and you don't have people doing cell wars with low amounts of players

1650727763464.png

Declined based on poll results. Thank you for the suggestion anyways.
Onward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread