Awaiting Feedback Change 5th rules of skipping and add an announcement about trap skipping (1 Viewer)

Change the 5th rule of trap skipping and add the announcement?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only add the chat announcement

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Only change the rule (lul)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Nikola

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
Hewo again, I want to suggest a change of the 5th rule to allow skipping traps when it's a freerun.

Reasons to change:
  • Because current top maps don't have a skipping problems, in top 30 there are only 3 maps with more than 1 skippable trap via bhop
  • Old maps which have skipping problems are picked extremely rarely (I'll make a post about removing them in a few hours)
  • The old maps with skipping problem do not have endings, only insta win so not letting people end the map as quick as possible when the death gave a freerun is boring
  • If death can bait people into traps by doing a fake freerun then players should be able to do something mean either which would be simply skipping traps (If skipping traps on the freerun would be allowed of course)
Beside that I also suggest adding a chat announcement about skipping traps or a command explaining it like !skipping which would show a msay about it or would be a direct link to the rule explanation page.

Opinions welcomed!

Kevin

Owner
Staff member
Founder
as stabbin is "core" admin of deathrun he should aswell leave his thoughts in here.

@Stabbin

Stabbin

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Development
Because current top maps don't have a skipping problems, in top 30 there are only 3 maps with more than 1 skippable trap via bhop
I'd love to go over the maps with you, and see if there truly are no problems.

If death can bait people into traps by doing a fake freerun then players should be able to do something mean either which would be simply skipping traps (If skipping traps on the freerun would be allowed of course)
Death killing people with traps, even after lying about a freerun, is part of the game. The whole gamemode is about guessing if the death is going to activate a trap or not. Skipping traps isn't part of the gamemode, and was never intended to be part of it.. Skipping is an unfair advantage caused by bhop that we want to avoid. Bhop is great for trying to get a little advantage into baiting an activation, but it should never be used to defeat the entire point of the gamemode (inability to die, due to runners skipping).

Beside that I also suggest adding a chat announcement about skipping traps or a command explaining it like !skipping which would show a msay about it or would be a direct link to the rule explanation page.
Great idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)