Accepted Chae's EU Trade #25 Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chae

Donator
Sorry In Advance For The Long Read

- Your name and/or nickname:
My in game name is "Chae". Also known as, "Chia" ( for those that know the reference you've been here too long on trade).

- Your age
My age as of writing this application is 25 years old.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
N/A. since I'm older than 15 and the server I am applying too isn't filled up on admins that it requires a permission to apply.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional):
My Steam32 ID is as listed, STEAM_0:0:92650948

- Your general online times and your timezone:
My timezone is currently in being in the West-coast, (moved from East-coast to West-coast), (GMT-7).

My times active depend on a 4 days working and 4 days off work schedule
- On days off I can be on from 0400-2200 ( usually only on from at least 0800-1500).
- On working days I can be on from 1545-2200 ( usually only on from at least 1630-2000).

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
The server I am currently applying for is EU Trade #25. Other servers I am active to semi-active on are US Trade, US Jailbreak, US 2Fort, and EU VSH #5, I am more than willing to visit a broader range of servers in case of a report if ever comes to that point. I plan to focus on trade #25 for the time being, but if I see anything go wrong on other servers I'll still make a report on it ( if not trials/fulls are on and going for the /calladmins).

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
No, I wouldn't consider a built in laptop microphone one. People have seen how poor the quality is so I refer to not use it and stick to short texts for warnings or copy+paste binds.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I was previously an admin on the US Trade server from roughly late May of 2019 to Early January of 2020 after I resigned.

First Application - NY Trade

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I have experience with SourceMod exposure as previously being an admin ( with a couple of hiccups early on with how to issue comm blocks).

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I'm trying to be active on the server and I see some rule breakers on occasion so I try to warn them/get them to stop breaking the rules before I used /calladmin (as advise) and evidently make a report if it continues after at least one warning. I see there's 2 fulls listed on as dedicated admins for the server so I thought why not have a trial there since recently there's has been an insurgent of hackers that have at least been present once a day. (Also on the US West-coast so thought that would take off a little bit of the timezone overlap) I'm always willing to learn if some new things came up on how to use console, besides that I'm already somewhat knowledgeable of how to issue bans, mutes and gags so not that long of a training phase. I'm going to be honest, like my first application I can't really offer to much besides my activity (as much as I can offer) and the ability to fill out some timezone difference since again slots are open and I don't really see much people applying for the positions.

My ultimate fear on applying again, was the idea of eventually having to leave again, the first time it was due to how the staff would look to me being inactive for a period of at least 2 months ( and maybe an additional 2 months to focus on school for learning my rate). However, with some convenient off topic threads and some talks with some admins and regulars on server I don't see the harm on applying still as even if I do resigned I can still make fond memories and stop some rule breakers while I'm at it having fun with regulars on the servers. Plus I don't know if fulls are getting annoyed of me using /calladmin and making reports.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Inappropriate Sprays/Objectors:

General Warning - Direct warning/Slap x1 - Spray ban.

Absuing !calladmin:

Warning - 1 day ban - 3 day ban - 1 week ban - 3 weeks - 1 month - Permanent

Suspected Hackers:

[If Just Trial ] Spectator + Record Demo -> Ban for 9999999 -> Send demo to mentor/full to review

[If Full Gameserver Admin Was Present] Spectator + Record Demo -> Wait to see full's decision/ban

Blocking Teleportation Area:

Direct warning - Slap x1 - Kick - 12 hour ban - 1 day ban - 3 days ban - 1 week ban - 3 weeks ban - Permanent

Purposefully Teamkilling (Griefing):

Direct warning - Slap x1 - Kick - 1 day ban - 3 days ban - 1 week ban - 3 weeks ban - Permanent

Point Farming (Vaccinator/Extinguishing Teammate/Milk and Jarate/Heavy Secondary Throwables):

Direct warning - Slap x1 - Kick - 1 day ban - 3 days ban - 1 week ban - 3 weeks ban -1 month - Permanent

Micspam:

1 day - 1 week - 3 weeks - 1 month - 3 months - Permanent

Chatspam:

12 hours - 1 day - 3 days - 1 week - 1 month - Permanent

Overusing Caps:

12 hours - 1 day - 3 days - 1 week - 1 month - Permanent

Racism:

1 day - 1 week - 1 month - 3 months - 6 months - Permanent

Insulting/Toxicity:

1 day - 1 week - 1 month - 3 months - 6 months - Permanent

Poor Mic Quality/Audibly Immature:

Direct warning - 12 hours - 1 day - 3 days - 1 week - 1 month - Permanent

Tagging Respecting Assigned Admins For Trade #25:
@Hedgehog
@Mikey

I would like to address in advance how weird my sessions are, on my days off as of recent I've just been hopping on and off the server/ being "afk" on the server usually surfing backpack.tf, forums, making a report, or watching YouTube/playing other games on my mobile device and only stepping in if I heard something that didn't sound right on the mic or saw something off in the chat. I'm going to be honest it was hard sometimes on my days off of working to get some playtime that I thought of actually just "afk" on the server, but I know that hour farming isn't allowed and hence why I didn't do that overnight. If anything comes up during my application phase I'll notify a full about, whether it be an inactivity or something that is out of my boundaries to control in life. I'll try to keep my sessions stable as this application is pending and under review, but the hours will not be as dramatically as my last couple sessions since I just wanted to grind out those hours to reach the requirement to apply. Again, appologizing for the long read, just wanted to get some of my thoughts out there.

Hey Chae :D

Really nice application, I've been wondering if you were going to apply for admin, and I'm happy you have :) You clearly know the rules as shown through your chat log, and from what I have seen in game, you enforce the rules which is great, you know how to use sourcemod, which is extremely helpful, you're active on forums, you use !calladmin wisely. I'm comfortable with your comms/bans length. I wouldn't see a problem with you becoming admin (again) +1

Please, write in a bigger font, I had to squeeze my eyes to read it.

Punishment lenght might need a small fix, but other than that it's a more than safe +1.
Wish you good luck!

As you've stated in your application, this is one of the biggest concerns. You've farmed/grinded your hours.
I want to state this for the record during review as one of the biggest concerns.

Though you are known here and welcomed back, in hopes of applying again I would of liked to see you dedicate your time properly more with what is shown as it looks more farmed than anything. It's an unrealistic view on how much time you would spend on the servers. If you do watch videos and what not, you should know an admin must be attentive to what is happen on the server pretty much 90% of the time. Going afk once or twice to get food or go to the toilet yea sure, trading with others fine. Answering the phone or door awesome. Anything else though to distract and we have a problem. Especially with it takes up most of your time while you're on the server.

I'm pretty sure you're aware of the above but just to enforce here. I won't be closing this application until the 15th of November in case anybody else wants to contribute. Since you're known here the grinding isn't much of a big deal than someone rushing in unknown with 11 hour sessions wanting admin. You have most of your hours shown on US trade to make up for this concern as it shows you can hold proper sessions.

Btw little side note, I like this applications because of the details. The questions I had where answered and everything I needed to know is there. An excellent application. Didn't want this comment to be all doom and gloom ::plush::

Time to close this under review. The sessions look realistic now.

Any questions or incoming inactivity let me know. Good luck ::):

Reactions: Chae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread