can you guys turn off crits for guards (1 Viewer)

double digit "remove crits from the guards".
To be direct with the answer: no.

There was a suggestion to add an lr option that removes blu crits, however that did not make it sadly :‎‎(

Crits for guards are there because the number of prisoners always outnumbers the guards by a fair amount (on a full server, the max ratio is 1:2 -- two REDs for every guard). Especially when there's say, only 4 BLUs but 27 prisoners, crits are there to help guards keep order to the best of their ability.

Crits are only enabled for guards for as long as the warden is alive. If the warden dies, guards will still have their crits for about 20 seconds, as this is a period where someone can rewarden (however, if the warden gets killed mid-round, rewardening in this circumstance isn't allowed, you can only rewarden if the warden disconnects or dies before cells open). If 20 seconds pass and no one rewardens, the warden locks and crits for BLUs are gone.

Crits aren't the end of the world, it doesn't make rebelling impossible. I've seen plenty of skilled rebellers over my time here who can expertly evade guard shots, and/or sneak up to them and kill them by surprise (either via melee strikes or via lethal taunting, the latter particularly as Heavy due to his wider killtaunt range).

• Boring
Reactions: Valen
Crits aren't the end of the world, it doesn't make rebelling impossible. I've seen plenty of skilled rebellers over my time here who can expertly evade guard shots, and/or sneak up to them and kill them by surprise (either via melee strikes or via lethal taunting, the latter particularly as Heavy due to his wider killtaunt range).
Expertly evade guard shots = BLU cant aim btw, which is an argument for keeping crits apparently

• Haha
Reactions: TRGGB2
Expertly evade guard shots = BLU cant aim btw, which is an argument for keeping crits apparently
Even with crits you still kinda need to aim your shots well as BLU to kill rebellers.

• Haha
Reactions: Vecomti
double digit "remove crits from the guards".
To be direct with the answer: no.

There was a suggestion to add an lr option that removes blu crits, however that did not make it sadly :‎‎(
another question WHY why add crits in the first place

I am rather still new to this community so I cannot answer why crits were added, however I could tell why they are being kept.
But im too lazy to explain, so if you are serious about finding out then refer to this post (theres another post or 2 that links like a dozen more suggestions about removing blu crits)

Personally, I don't mind passing a poll every once in a while, to gauge the player base. Though none of the new regulars use the forums except for a select few, making the vote slightly inaccurate to what is actually desired by in game players.

Users who are viewing this thread