Declined Cake's Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake1265

Hello all! :)
With this application, I want to apply as an administrator for the Panda Dodgeball Community! Check it out.?

Personal Information:

Ingame name: Cake
Steam32 ID: 88819660

My timezone and general online times:

timezone: UTC+1

During the week, I am generally online after my school, which ends in the afternoon. From the time after my school, I can be active to the evening/night time.
Besides the school, I have a little job. So on my workdays which are Monday and Thursday, I am online at the evening until night time. At the weekend, I can be online for like 5-6 hours (Saturday, Sunday), except if I am not doing anything.
Short statement to my low playtime this and last month, I was on a long holiday trip, but now I am at home and I can be online, like I wrote above!☝

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?

For alle the people who dont know me, I am a real fan of Dodgeball and I have been playing this game mode for like 7 years (including a 2 year game break). In the early days, there was only one good Dodgeball server which I enjoyed alot. After a long time playing on this server the owner closed the server and from then I decided to take a long break from this game. Last year I started playing TF2 again with the hope, there was a good server to play on and then I found Panda Dodgeball. From that time I enjoyed playing Dodgeball again. So I really want to apply for #04 Dodgeball server, which I play all the time on.
If needed, I can surely visit other servers and help with the reports.

Do you have a microphone?

I don't really have a microphone, only a webcam which I can talk with. Its because I don't really talk that much with someone, but in future I want to buy one again!

My previous experience as an Admin or Moderator:

So for me, I don't really have experience, being an Admin or Moderator on TF2 servers. But in the past, I had the opportunity to collect many experiences being an Admin at different big Minecraft servers. So all in all I know how it is to be in a Staff team and how to act in some situations. I really enjoyed being an Admin/Team member earlier in time and I would love to experience the same on a TF2 server! ?

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

As I said above, I dont have any experience being an Administrator for a TF2 server, so I don't know much about administrating with SourceMod. But I am a fast learner and If needed I can learn it by myself via Internet.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I really want to be part of this team, because I want to help improving the server. My honest opinion is that I hear and see, that there are more and more players who dont follow the rules anymore at the Dodgeball servers. For people I know and me, it is sometimes really unenjoyable playing and thats why I really want to be a part of the administration. I just want that the new players/beginners will have a nice time playing Dodgeball and stop those people who don't care about the rules.

My general overview of my policies and punishments:

I am a person that doesn't punish someone for doing bad for the first time, except racism or cheating/hacking people. I want to show those people first what they did and leave them with a warning. If they don't respect my warning, they will get a reasonable punishment, which I listed here (only Dodgeball):

• Cheating/Hacking (If 100% sure): For those people, I go instantly for the permanent ban.
  • Cheating/Hacking (If not 100% sure): I will ask for another admins opinion and then I go for the permanent ban.
  • Racism: Warning, 1 day temporary ban, permanent ban.
  • Chat spammers: Warning, 1 hour silence, 8 hours silence, one day, one week, 7 days temporary ban and permanent ban.
  • Mic spammers: Warning, 2 hours mute, 10 hours mute, one day, one week, 10 days temporary ban and permanent ban.
  • Stealing/Blocking: Slap warning (same time an alert), slay, 2 hours ban, 10 hours ban, 35 hours, one week ban, permanent ban.
  • Insults: Warning, slay warning, 10 hours silence, 24 hours silence, one week, one month, permanent ban.

Thanks for taking the time reading my application and I hope you take it into consideration! :)

Here is my ingame playtime on dodgeball server #4:

Screenshot_5.png

Hello!

Quickly want to say your activity seems a bit lack
1566660473587.png

I've never seen you before (or maybe i have just wont remember.) I don't see it as a big problem but we have some more stuff to look at.

1566660558116.png

This is all you've said in #04.

No broken rules but you not so talk active and that can become a problem. (Not that you've been broken rules but that you've been quiet and don't talk that much.)

I tbh see this application a bit stressed. I think you should wait a month or two and actually play the gamemode more.

Then I just want to look at one more thing. You got a alt dfox, GameME. So why would you apply on this account? And not on dfox..?

I know you well and you are a good player. (Or that's what I've seen.)

I will give my result later.

Hello Tolfx! :)

First thanks for this quick reply on my application.

About my activity, I wrote above that I was in a long summer holiday trip and got back about a week. So I wasn't be able to play at this time.

My chat activity is a bit quiet yes, but I am sure that I wrote more than 4 messages on this server.

dfox is my older brother and we are in the same connection, so thats why it says that :)

I am asking myself, what exactly are you meaning by "stressed"?

dfox is my older brother and we are in the same connection, so thats why it says that :)
If this is the case I will rethink about it. Tho I want to ask you about the connection. Does you and dfox share same computer or is it only the connection?

I am asking myself, what exactly are you meaning by "stressed"?
What I mean is: You've been gone for holiday, then you apply really fast when you come back and it can be stressful. So that's why it would be better to wait and to see "Do I really want to apply?" or "I'll apply when I've landed"

My chat activity is a bit quiet yes, but I am sure that I wrote more than 4 messages on this server.
Well I don't know when the chat history resets tbh but most have been sometime if is the only thing you've said in that month.

I will keep an eye on you so you follow the rules. (I'm pretty sure I saw you in game today, and you seemed to follow the rules at least.)

If this is the case I will rethink about it. Tho I want to ask you about the connection. Does you and dfox share same computer or is it only the connection?
It's only the connection, we both are using different computer's

What I mean is: You've been gone for holiday, then you apply really fast when you come back and it can be stressful. So that's why it would be better to wait and to see "Do I really want to apply?" or "I'll apply when I've landed"
Hm yes maybe it was a bit too fast, but after I saw the announcement "we are looking for admin's" I really wanted to write an application. A bit longer before my holiday I already thought of wanting to be a part of the Staff team, so I told my self why don't apply now?

I have seen you very occasionally, and you have a lot of time in spectate (and also quite recently as I've been told), what's up with that?

I have seen you very occasionally, and you have a lot of time in spectate (and also quite recently as I've been told), what's up with that?
Yes I was, as I said in my application, I was in a long holiday trip and I wasn't able to play at that time. In the last week I was able to play more often again and I want to take more time for this server to be more active.

Yes I was, as I said in my application, I was in a long holiday trip and I wasn't able to play at that time. In the last week I was able to play more often again and I want to take more time for this server to be more active.
Just because you were gone for too long doesn't mean you should go AFK and make it go higher to make it look you are more active. This is something we are not looking for and would suggest you to stop going AFK to make it look you are active. I've kicked you before for doing it so i hope you stop doing it.

• Agree
Reactions: Lighty
Just because you were gone for too long doesn't mean you should go AFK and make it go higher to make it look you are more active. This is something we are not looking for and would suggest you to stop going AFK to make it look you are active. I've kicked you before for doing it so i hope you stop doing it.
Well yea that wasn't good from me.. I will keep that in mind and stop do those things in the future.

Hello again cause I've seen you quiet "active" or at least I hope so as i look at the session, and I think is time to make my answer (kind).

So as I pointed out you have been afking to make your session look better and that's a big no for me but is also more things I want to point out. And that is the score and rank. When you use a command with / it won't show up in the chatlog but still I've seen you using a special command called /rank and why I'm saying this is because I've only seen you do /rank in the logs. And why I point this is out is because I think you mighty only care about your rank and points and that's not a very admin thing imo.
1233E25530E8BFBD377352A41B6AC4013FAD66F7

1567532824713.png

Maybe you do this to show that your session is getting better and you are trying to look good as an admin. Or maybe you only care about your points and rank. When you become a admin it wont be so much gameplay and more taking care of the game and the players. That means you sometimes need to die because you are typing something instead of playing, or you need to go to spectator mode and watch the game from there. The players and the game is more important then score and rank and I hope that you will understand that you will mostly die very often. If you now get accepted to the team.

Where I'm trying to get is that I want to know if you only care about your rank and stuff cause if not then I mighty change my mind of how I see this. I might sound hard and rough about this "small" thing but I'm quiet serious about this. Because I've seen admins on other servers killing players through console when they die because they typed something in console when they gonna punish someone. And I don't want any in our team to do that too cause they care so deeply about their rank.

Or maybe I'm just over reacting and see it the wrong way.

Well regardless all of that I will stay Neutral, for now.

• Agree
Reactions: White Falcon
Hello Tolfx :) ,

So as I pointed out you have been afking to make your session look better
Yes and I am really sorry for doing that.. I didn't know what was going in my mind while doing this. As I said I wont do it again and sure I learned it for the future.

When you use a command with / it won't show up in the chatlog but still I've seen you using a special command called /rank and why I'm saying this is because I've only seen you do /rank in the logs. And why I point this is out is because I think you mighty only care about your rank and points and that's not a very admin thing imo.
Hmh after thinking about that, admittedly I am a little bit focused on it yea. I guess its a strange reflex from me typing it in after I die or something like that idk. But I am sure I wont be focusing on it anymore, if I were a Staff member. I would stop that and focus more on the players. And yea I know what you are saying, I would be reacting the same.

While I'm pleased that you're responsive to criticism, I think that idling to keep up activity warrants a -1. I am no longer able to tell apart whether your recent sessions were AFK time in spectate or actual playtime reliably.

I think that idling to keep up activity warrants a -1. I am no longer able to tell apart whether your recent sessions were AFK time in spectate or actual playtime reliably.
As @TBotV63 said I can't either really tell if you have been online playing or only been idling and Is really sad to see. Even tho I've seen you play sometimes but still I don't see you very often when I've played so I still can't really trust it.

I will give a -1 too.

Totally understand it, it was my bad... I know its happened and I can't change the past but in future I wont ever do this again I promise.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tolfx and Madact
With mostly all negative and the whole confusion about playtime and admitting to a little farming it's best that this is declined.
You can rebuild your sessions time up properly then in the 1.5 month span when you can re-apply again. Any other advice given on the application should be considered too.

Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread