Accepted Cake's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake

Hi.

- Your name and/or nickname
Name's Cake, or Sarah in real life.

- Your age
- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
Not needed to be answered.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_0:1:47166452

- Your general online times and your timezone
My general online times from Monday - Thursday is usually login at 2 - 3 PM to 9 PM, due to schooldays. Friday is mere like the schooldays, but I stay up late, mostly 2 PM - 11PM, as Saturday can be 6 AM - 11 PM, Sunday is 2 PM - 8 PM.
GMT-8 Pacific Standard Time

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I usually play on, and would apply for 24/7 Freak Fortress US. I would visit the report.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
No, I don't have a microphone.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I've been a moderator in a Hide and Seek server in Garry's Mod, I've been a moderator for the server until it's removal.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Yes, but I've never had the full commands, as I was a moderator. All I could've done was warn, or kick.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I feel like there's many problems happening in Freak Fortress US, and not much admins don't aren't on, and only two admins keep the server secure can be hard for them. The staff is low, and can make the server in trouble with two admins only on staff. I've stumbled across many problems, such as spamming, or insulting, in the server, and not that much admins deal with it. In that care, I'd love to be part of the staff.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
I'd mostly warn the people who are breaking the rules, as two - three warnings are my policy into gagging, mute, ban, offensive sprays, and slay. I'd follow as the policy say in the rules.

I hope I'm not missing anymore information.

https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:47166452&Submit=Search <--Commblocks
https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A1%3A47166452&Submit=Search&Submit=Search <--Bans
https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/2958041 <--Chat
I feel like there's many problems happening in Freak Fortress US, and not much admins don't aren't on, and only two admins keep the server secure can be hard for them. The staff is low, and can make the server in trouble with two admins only on staff.
Hello, I'm a triggered person. Anyway, the only two admins who are currently taking care (full-time I mean) of the usa ff2 are @Speneth and @Baka. They are both americans and they're doing their job at their bests. I was the first admin who decided to take care as well of this server (since none of the usa admins was going to touch it), and I must admit there was (still nowadays) an incredible radicalised playerbase: spamming, lennies, loudmicspamming..it's the common stuff I got to face. In those last times, due to high ping issues, I wasn't able to "survive" on this server. So I decided to quit it, letting the "management keys" to the new trials and go focus my attention somewhere else on the eu side.
I remember you as a player who was getting alongside Spenneth, constantly. And I believe you "assimilated" his way to behave as well.
I don't even fully know you, but due to lack of admins in this hellhole called ff2 usa, I give to you a forced +1.

Remember to enforce the rules as an admin would do (obviously do not act like you're impersonating one of them). I would to see improvement in not using "sexual content" in the messages of the chat tho. Nothing more over that.

Edit: may you "expand" the theme of the policies and the punishments thingy?

• Agree
Reactions: Bass
Hello, I'm a triggered person.
Jeez don't be so hostile, there's no need to attack her. She does have a point, you know. It is hard, and it obviously is showing that it's hard, otherwise she wouldn't be saying that. She never said that we're not doing enough lol. The staff is low, and we are a bit overwhelmed because of it.
I don't even fully know you
I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about, but if you don't fully know her, then be more careful with your judgements. Never judge a book by its cover as they always say.

And believe it or not, US FF2 is not as bad as it once was, I think it's more of a stereotype now that it's so cancerous. I've been receiving more calls from FF2 EU than US FF2, and by what I keep seeing with what I handle around US, it's much calmer than EU (in my opinion). I think your judgement is a little clouded around US because of what hell it was like before. I think US FF2 is as balanced in toxic players as EU is now likely because most regular players feel intimidated by me and I bet Baka as well. The only reason why US FF2 was so toxic before was because there were no admins at all for a long time, so rules were of course non-existent. Like anarchy. If you don't have people governing, then it's stupid to think that everyone is going to be all nice and pretty with their actions by themselves if they both don't know that there are rules, and that there are no consequences for breaking the rules that they probably don't know even exist.

Anyway, on the actual app here, it's simple, clean, straightforward. I think like Pat pointed out there is some smoothing to be done which I'm sure can be handled. Specifically on the sexual content and the occasional minor bursts of caps that are prevalent in her chat history here and there. I think if she starts administrating some, then she'll get the flow of things and figure out what's expected of her.

In terms of actual behavior in-game, while there is a bit smoothing to be done, she does acknowledge the rules and enforces them when it comes to spamming, camping and such. If you were to compare her to the many other regulars in US FF2, she's in more of the good bunch (minus the sexual stuff, which once again can be smoothed, don't doubt the potential here). I'll give a +1 not because I feel forced, but because I feel like the potential isn't being realized here. And I smell a bit of bias in the post above me.

this hellhole called ff2 usa
Hello, I'm a triggered person.

I've updated the last questions on overview into policies and punishments.

Spamming/Insulting/Foreign Language/Overuse of Caps:
User has at least 2 warnings, if ignores, results in 30 min gagged. Ignoring of that, with more warnings can result in 1 hours of gagged, and
doing more can result in a 30 min ban.

Ghosting/Teaming:
If warned 2 times, ghosting can result in a 30 min gag, while teaming is a slay. If ignoring, and pass that, results of ghosting is a one hour gag/ mute, while
teaming can get slayed again, and kicked. More warnings, getting a 30 min ban.

Hacking/Exploiting:
If hacking, its an automatic ban, must need prove to the hacking. Exploiting must have 2 warnings, until a slay. More exploiting can result into a ban of 30 min.

Micspamming:

Its the same with Spamming/Insulting/Foreign Language/Overuse of Caps, but its muting instead.

AFK:
Asking the player if he/she is there, if not answer at least 2 warnings, its a slay. If player hasn't respond into 10 mins, then its a kick.

Faking !call:
First doing this can result in a warn, more can be ban of 1 hour.

Hope this helped on the last question, sorry for not putting that much details.

• Agree
Reactions: Bass
I've been playing with Cake (with different aliases) for a good few months to understand what kind of person she is, and @Speneth did point out that she has been enforcing the rules. I'm looking through the chat log and it looks fairly clean, and your behavior certainly does look professional at some standards (no offense), therefore I'm giving her a +1. Good luck on the application cake, we need more people that acknowledge, follow, and enforce the rules.

Just wanted to say that after a while of watching, the caps issue is nonexistent now. She's worked well at improving her only major flaw and I rarely see caps from her now, and when I do it's only with just 1 word, with the really rare 2 words in caps at one time, obviously not a problem at all imo.

Please do not comment during the application process. If you really must please just PM me, cheers.
(But I'm sure we can see that for ourselves Speneth)

accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Speneth, should you have any questions feel free to ask anyone of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread