Brand new gm_construct server? (1 Viewer)

Would you like the idea of the GMod Panda server?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I am personally frightened by the prospect of expanding our services to a new game.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

daguywithdashadow

Alot of the Pandas have been talking about this and I thought I'd suggest this idea to @Kevin. We could start a new Gmod server (like gm_construct or gm_bigcity - maybe even a custom GM gamemode) for us Pandas to use. If so, should it be completely vanilla or should we add addons like WireMod or Stacker?

Alot of the Pandas have been talking about this and I thought I'd suggest this idea to @Kevin. We could start a new Gmod server (like gm_construct or gm_bigcity - maybe even a custom GM gamemode) for us Pandas to use. If so, should it be completely vanilla or should we add addons like WireMod or Stacker?

Gmod servers require an insane amount of moderating, espcially custom gamemodes.
A lot of plugins cost good money, and constructin everything to be glitch-free takes a lot of time.
I'll have to vote no, unless we get some dedicated staff first and possibly a server manager.

After some time thinking, I'm thinking of buying a GMod server to operate under the Panda Community name. I haven't done so yet, and I'm still considering what plugins to add. This is still way in the future, but I'd like to know some good server hosts I could use for the GMod server.

After some time thinking, I'm thinking of buying a GMod server to operate under the Panda Community name. I haven't done so yet, and I'm still considering what plugins to add. This is still way in the future, but I'd like to know some good server hosts I could use for the GMod server.

If you'd like to do this please run this by Kevin.
Also, best server host will probably be G-Portal or GameSwitchers if you don't want to buy your own dedicated server / VPS and host it there.

If you'd like to do this please run this by Kevin.
Also, best server host will probably be G-Portal or GameSwitchers if you don't want to buy your own dedicated server / VPS and host it there.
Yeah, I don't have the space (or funds) to host my own dedicated server. After looking at the two, GameSwitchers seems to be my best option. I'll go contact Kevin about this. :)

we're launching up the CSGO section in some days to come and if its successfull we're jumping on the GMOD train (darkrp, ttt)

Yeah, I don't have the space (or funds) to host my own dedicated server. After looking at the two, GameSwitchers seems to be my best option. I'll go contact Kevin about this. :)

Just saying, you can get for example a Kimsufi dedicated for 10/15 euros a month which will be more than enough to host a few servers. Only annoying is the 10 euro setup fee.

we're launching up the CSGO section in some days to come and if its successfull we're jumping on the GMOD train (darkrp, ttt)

Dayum DarkRP would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread