Accepted Bone Grandaddy Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone Daddy

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=+{Bone+Grandaddy}&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account: {Bone Grandaddy}
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48820256
Date and Time of the Ban: 07-04-18 19:52
Reason about the Ban: Exposing
Admin that Banned you: @Travis
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: "When I joined the server I never knew that travis joined until he slapped someone which is a command only admins can do and since travis is the only admin on jb I just typed it in chat since he just revealed himself and I got gagged and I find it unfair"

@TheWalkingCake
When travis joined no one knew that he joined until he used his powers to gag/ban people or slap and people got gagged after his used his powers.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Arrow
Small point (maybe you should read the rules :) and then apologise cause really you did something wrong :( but it’s okay to ask for forgiveness if we believe you won’t do it again) we don’t remoce punishment because you didn’t know.

-mag

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dislike
Reactions: krown and Jim
@Magglet I'm pretty sure he's aware about the rule, don't see anywhere that he said he didn't know about it. What I think he's trying to say is that he thinks that the punishment might be unfair

• Agree
Reactions: krown and TWC
@Magglet
I had no idea he was in the server all i saw was that Admin slapped someone and i said "oh its travis" but of course he changed his name and profile picture so i had no idea it was him

Ahhh I see. I feel for you man. Unfortunately you have been bitten this time :( but if I’m not mistake this isn’t a permanent ban. I’m sure you will learn from this mistake as a regular in Jb. Sorry for intruding I miss understood what you meant. Thank you @Ranger Ciri for clarifying. Travis will sort this out I’m sure. :)

Good day.

Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: "When I joined the server I never knew that travis joined until he slapped someone which is a command only admins can do and since travis is the only admin on jb I just typed it in chat since he just revealed himself and I got gagged and I find it unfair"
Now I wasn't there for this event, I just want to make my comment on this.
unknown.png

Looking at his chatlog, it would so appear Travis did input an admin command. If Bone was actually trying to reveal Travis, I would assume the language would be much different. Saying "yeah" before the 'exposing' would make it seem like he was responding to something, like an admin command being inputted. This ban does not seem to be deserved if Travis did indeed slap or use an admin only command that appears in chat. I would usually punish people for saying "the admin is here" or something along those lines before I input any command that shows an admin is online. I'm not trying to be that big meanie towards Travis, I make admin mistakes a lot myself.

However, there is an excessive amount of capital use in his chatlog that I personally would gag for.

Reactions: Dandy
unknown.png

Looking at his chatlog, it would so appear Travis did input an admin command. If Bone was actually trying to reveal Travis, I would assume the language would be much different. Saying "yeah" before the 'exposing' would make it seem like he was responding to something, like an admin command being inputted. This ban does not seem to be deserved if Travis did indeed slap or use an admin only command that appears in chat. I would usually punish people for saying "the admin is here" or something along those lines before I input any command that shows an admin is online. I'm not trying to be that big meanie towards Travis, I make admin mistakes a lot myself.

However, there is an excessive amount of capital use in his chatlog..
Since I was there when travis joined He started to use admin powers 1 guy said is there an admin online and bone said yeah guys its travis since travis is the only admin on jb

unknown.png

However, there is an excessive amount of capital use in his chatlog that I personally would gag for.
if i read right, travis was using an alias, saying the admins real name when using an alias is what counts as revealing, so the gag was justified even if he used any admin commands or said anything(if i read right)

• Disagree
Reactions: TBotV63
if i read right, travis was using an alias, saying the admins real name when using an alias is what counts as revealing, so the gag was justified even if he used any admin commands or said anything(if i read right)
But Travis inputted a command, if I were a normal on Jailbreak NY (thank god im not) I would of also defaulted to Travis since he is the only admin for that server. I don't understand why saying who an admin actually is matters.

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy
there are also full admins (such as lighty or fanthom) who also go on the server, travis isnt the only admin with permissions on that server, same as on any server

sorry for posting again

From what I've seen I follow this.

h) Obstructing administrators
Generally obstructing an administrator in the performance of his tasks is strictly forbidden. This includes announcing when an administrator joins, when the administrator is hidden (i.e. the administrator is in stealth mode) or when the administrator is using an alias (and not their original name). If the admin has talked using their admin tag or has announced in some form that they are present (this excludes bans/gags/mutes) you may address the admin normally.

I slapped someone, which saying "oh an admin is here" is fine but I never really made myself known. Him calling me out saying "Yo its travis" *keep in mind I only changed my name not my profile picture.* I see that as exposing who the admin is. I was answering calls and I did not get to issue punishments, I would rather someone not announce me as people are breaking rules because team bans can't be issued if someone goes offline, it makes it difficult for me to do my job when they have a chance to leave.

Also what arrow said is correct, Other admins do come on *Its a rare sight and shocks me that they would travel to my server.* but they do. Until I get any better reasons to ungag him, I am against this appeal. He is a regular and has seen me warn players before about people exposing. He should know not to do it.

• Disagree
Reactions: TBotV63
@Travis
I only announced it because I saw the admin tag and whatever command it was, I had absolutely no idea you were in the server but i just assume its you because you're the only admin I ever see on the NY server.
I didn't look in the roster and pick you out, my main thought was that admins usually just spectate when using commands and act like a server ghost

Reactions: TWC
From what I've seen I follow this.

h) Obstructing administrators
Generally obstructing an administrator in the performance of his tasks is strictly forbidden. This includes announcing when an administrator joins, when the administrator is hidden (i.e. the administrator is in stealth mode) or when the administrator is using an alias (and not their original name). If the admin has talked using their admin tag or has announced in some form that they are present (this excludes bans/gags/mutes) you may address the admin normally.

I slapped someone, which saying "oh an admin is here" is fine but I never really made myself known. Him calling me out saying "Yo its travis" *keep in mind I only changed my name not my profile picture.* I see that as exposing who the admin is. I was answering calls and I did not get to issue punishments, I would rather someone not announce me as people are breaking rules because team bans can't be issued if someone goes offline, it makes it difficult for me to do my job when they have a chance to leave.

Also what arrow said is correct, Other admins do come on *Its a rare sight and shocks me that they would travel to my server.* but they do. Until I get any better reasons to ungag him, I am against this appeal. He is a regular and has seen me warn players before about people exposing. He should know not to do it.

I disagree. Revealing your name doesn't do anything to 'obstruct' your job. The rule is there so that people can't announce when an *admin* joins so that rulebreakers can leave or cease what they are doing. Your slap does more to reveal that than someone saying "it's Travis". It doesn't matter that people know you are in the server if they already know an admin is there, unless you want to say that notorious rulebreakers are playing who know that you usually only join to handle a call and then leave. If that's not the case, saying your name doesn't reveal anything.

Also, it would be a different scenario if the player says "the person who is called [insert name] right now is actually Travis". That is revealing who you are, so rulebreakers can watch for you leaving to continue. That could also be considered disruptive. But again that doesn't seem to be the case: "it" is Travis doesn't reveal your current name.

I was in spectate, I just joined so I didn't even show up in spectator. I was watching and waiting to see who was breaking rules and what rules were being broken, I slapped someone to get them to stop delaying and then I got called out in under 10 seconds. So I waited until I got the proof I needed and banned them first, then gagged you.

@Travis
But the gag was unnecessary and like @EvoWarrior5 said if I revealed your alias then maybe it would be valid, but no one knew it was you so I didn't do anything worth gagging.
And I've gotten multiple sources saying that the gag was unfair and an abuse of your admin powers.

• Dislike
Reactions: PNN and TWC
I was in spectate, I just joined so I didn't even show up in spectator. I was watching and waiting to see who was breaking rules and what rules were being broken, I slapped someone to get them to stop delaying and then I got called out in under 10 seconds. So I waited until I got the proof I needed and banned them first, then gagged you.
I'm going to stop after this one.

If you were really trying to stay hidden and gather proof, you would of not slapped anyone.
Your slap does more to reveal that than someone saying "it's Travis".
Slaps are displayed in chat with a neat little admin tag if I remember correctly, and I'll go back on what I said, "I don't understand why saying who an admin actually is matters." There is an admin on. Who is the admin? It doesn't matter. Anyone, including the rule breaker, could of seen that slap and then left and you could only really say you exposed yourself. This also really seems like an innocent mistake, I know we don't warn for exposing, but he was just repeating the information that was already given to them via the slap. Once again, not trying to be big meanie towards Travis.

abuse of your admin powers.
That's a little bit too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: TWC
"unless you want to say that notorious rulebreakers are playing who know that you usually only join to handle a call and then leave. If that's not the case, saying your name doesn't reveal anything."

Glad you wanted to say that, A player that has a history of freekilling, baiting, insulting, then disconnecting was one of the targets and left me a nice message after he got team banned. I will think about it and decide if I want to give him another chance or not. He almost cost me a ban on this toxic player.

New report on: http://Panda-Community.com NY | Jailbreak

Reporter:
Target:
Reason: LISTEN YOU STUPID KIKE ADMIN WHY WAS I BAN I DID NOTHING WRONG AND YOU MUTED ME IN CHAT FOR NOTHING WATS YOUR FUCKING ISSUECUCK
Join URL: steam://connect/70.42.74.221:27015

If you have handled the report, type !handle 140195

And abuse of my powers? That's by far from what I intended. But the I assumed the slap would have gone under radar.

Reactions: Ranger Ciri and PNN
I am just going to accept this appeal since it blew up into something not worth the time. Keep in mind if you see me on, don't announce my name. Thanks.

Accepted

Closed

Reactions: Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread