Declined bob's USJB Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bap!

- Your name and/or nickname

Brendon/Bob

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

USJB has open slots and I am over the age of 15 so i do not need permission to apply.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:0:49617211

- Your general online times and your timezone

My time zone is EST and my online times are from anywhere between 1 to 3 pm EST all the way up to 5 or 7 am EST

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

The server i wish to apply on is US Jailbreak and I would be more than happy to visit a broader range of servers in case of a report.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes, I do have a microphone

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I used to be a Co-Owner on a popular Gmod server named NWA and I've owned a casual TF2 server along with being an admin on a CS:GO community named Flux Gaming.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Yes I have a pretty good understanding of SourceMod.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

The reason I believe I would be a good fit for admin is because I sometimes feel useless when there is no trial or admin on one of the Panda-Community servers and I am unable to help players to my full potential. However if I do become an admin I would not have to worry about hackers, exploiters, etc. And I can help players to my full potential and even show them around the discord, servers, and website so they can apply as well and we can grow into an even bigger community. I will also be a good influence to visitors. With me in your team I can take the workload off of the server and make it even better and more enjoyable for all the players inside the community. I also believe that sometimes the trials or admins are busy and sometimes cant get to the admin calls but I will make sure that whenever there is an admin call I will always try my hardest to get to it no matter what. This is why I believe I should be Trial/Admin on the Panda-Community servers.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Comm punishments (racism, toxicity, micspamming, overusing caps, etc)

(Before I start punishing I would give a clear warning to the player first)

1. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
2. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
3. Gag/Mute 1440 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 4320 minutes
5. Gag/Mute 10080 minutes
6. Permanent Gag/Mute

Spray punishments

1. Warning
2. Permanent spray ban

Server specific rule punishments (freekills,baiting,failwarden,LRdeny,etc)

1. Teamban 120 minutes
2. Teamban 240 minutes
3. Teamban 360 minutes
4. Teamban 720 minutes
5. Teamban 1440 minutes
6. Permanent Teamban

MFK will receive a permanent teamban but if it is accidental I will give them either a 360 minute or 720 minute teamban depending on how many got freekilled.

Cheating/Hacking will receive in a permanent ban with 0 warnings (I will also record a demo of them for evidence)

Important Info

HLstats : https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=885999
Comms : https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:49617211&Submit=Search
Bans : https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:49617211&Submit=Search
Chatlog : https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=885999
Sessions : https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playersessions&player=885999

Playtime : 13 Days

Tagging all USJB Admins :

@A Wild Tryhard
@Semicolon Backslash
@Sin.
@Random Coffee Table
@PNN
@Gold

Hello,

Bro, you sound like 21, not 16.

Anyways, another good looking application which makes me happy. You are a well known player on USJB, even though you joined this summer, with 13 days playtime.

Nothing with the application looks weird, so not gonna go in to detail on that.

You could use the !call feature more, and not only report them. Most likely one of the admins will join the server once we get the call, and then we will sort the issue on the spot. It really is just nitpicking though, but I have to say it anyways /shrug

So down to something more serious, and possibly concerning. As I do to everyone who's applying for admin, I quickly search on the applicants SteamID on Google. There seems to be two or three bans on you in different communities with reason scamming and running away from spycrabs. This is not recent, it happend in 2013 and 2016 it seems. Can you explain that? You were young and it's a long time ago, but we would need you to explain it. You can explain in private if you wish to with me and my mentor Semi, possibly Madact also.

Staying neutral for now.

Good luck, Bob!

Thank you PNN for the feedback!

Alright let's get this started i'm going to assume that you got this from the Sourcebans list on Harpoon-Gaming which im pretty sure is one of the really old trade servers i used to play on when i was 11 or 12. Even though i can barely recall what happend on that day I think it was something along the lines of me probably running away from a spycrab when for like 2 or 3 ref and then I cried about it and I confessed it to one of the admins and we refunded the items. Anyways I was young and I saw other people do it and I just gave it a try like once or twice I believe. But i'd never do something like that as myself right now because i've simply just grown and matured way more then from what i was when i was 11. And this did need explaining so I actually thank you for bringing this up because it could've came across as a bit confusing to the other admins anyways.

(P.S for the explanation about the PYRO thing that i got banned for in 2013 i have 0 idea what to say for that because there is no community listed and i was 8 or 9 at the time so I can't recall)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PNN
Appreciate it!

I will come with my vote when the other staff members have said whatever they want to say.

• Friendly
Reactions: bap!
Hello there, solid application you got right here. Despite being a fairly recent addition, play time is very solid and your sessions fit almost perfectly into a need area of us as well. You have proven to have a strong knowledge of the rules and enforce them over voice and chat regularly, though you sometimes call a few things incorrectly or very early, cap spam comes to mind, but that is very easily fixed with mentoring, so no big deal.

I do have a couple concerns though. One being that you take mistakes pretty personally, while this does show that you know when you have messed and a willingness to improve, I do wonder if that could impact your ability to handle the server if things start getting extra chaotic and you might make mistakes on punishments. I don't think this is a big problem, but something I did want to point out. Also not sure how long you can keep up your massive sessions, but even if they reduce to like 80%, that is still a ton of time to be online so as long as you don't stop playing, I don't see this as an issue.

More importantly, some of your chatlogs are a bit aggressive (see spoiler) and your threats of reporting players does show the potential of being power hungry, which is not a good look to have as an admin and is a cause for concern. I will say that after getting to know you better, I think these are aberrations from your generally relaxed and fun personality so I do not see it as a deal breaker, though I will be paying closer attention to this going during the application process.

1602106160749.png
1602106174147.png
1602106209442.png

With that said, I still think you will be a very good admin and could definetly provide help to the admin team with your availability and previous admin experience, +1 from me.

• Agree
Reactions: bap!
Thanks for the feedback :)

Heres some context down below

i'd like to state that i'm pretty sure acouple of the times i said Enjoy the report :D was because like an admin or a jb regular accidently freekilled or some shit or one of my frinds did something wrong so it was just banter because i'm on good terms with them and they know that.
but anyways yeah i'll make sure to come off a bit nicer when i'm giving out warnings and stuff to new player especially because not everybody knows my full personality and that i like to joke around from time to time.

• Informative
Reactions: Random Coffee Table
So the trio finally decided to apply? About time! Honestly from the first, I saw your report I knew you wanted to apply so its good to see that you finally made up your mind on a date to apply. Ok let's start this

I'd like to touch upon what RCT said about the chat log situation I believe that it could lead to a power-hungry admin attitude which I for one won't stand for. Ofc like RCT this can be changed in the trial phase with your mentor. The only thing that I can see being an issue is that you over-warn and beat yourself over a simple mistake that you make. I suggest that you don't overwork yourself or hate yourself because of a mistake you did, it can cloud your judgment.

I fully believe bob is more than capable to uphold our admin standards within panda and with ease.

+1

So the trio finally decided to apply? About time! Honestly from the first, I saw your report I knew you wanted to apply so its good to see that you finally made up your mind on a date to apply. Ok let's start this

I'd like to touch upon what RCT said about the chat log situation I believe that it could lead to a power-hungry admin attitude which I for one won't stand for. Ofc like RCT this can be changed in the trial phase with your mentor. The only thing that I can see being an issue is that you over-warn and beat yourself over a simple mistake that you make. I suggest that you don't overwork yourself or hate yourself because of a mistake you did, it can cloud your judgment.

I fully believe bob is more than capable to uphold our admin standards within panda and with ease.

+1!
Hi gold.

Yeah about the "beating myself up for a simple mistake" thing it was only because i've heard a lot of bad stories about how people got perm'd when they exploited ofcourse i wasn't aware of it but it still scared me because i really wanted to apply and i thought that fucked me up or something. I'm usually not like that but for its just because it got so many viewers and so many people talked about it got overwhelming. Anyways thx for the +1 :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Gold
Hello my doodle, it's been nice seeing you respond to all points of criticism.
Bans for scamming from 2016 and 13 don't bother me at all and while the report threats don't look great especially looking on as an outsider with no context I believe that you will be fine. My only worry is your extremely high sessions, I'm afraid you could burn out but who knows maybe I'm the inactive one : (

Any who I think you'll be fine in the end.
+1

Hello my doodle, it's been nice seeing you respond to all points of criticism.
Bans for scamming from 2016 and 13 don't bother me at all and while the report threats don't look great especially looking on as an outsider with no context I believe that you will be fine. My only worry is your extremely high sessions, I'm afraid you could burn out but who knows maybe I'm the inactive one : (

Any who I think you'll be fine in the end.
+1
Hi @Semicolon Backslash

Thanks for the feedback :) Also i'd like to explain about the extremely high sessions I've played JB as a gamemode for around 6 to 7 something years so at this point its extremely hard for me to be burnt out because JB is just such a fun gamemode and there possibilities of every round make the game mode so unique. Even if i get do burnt out i'll still log in 2 to 3 hours daily :), Anyways thank you and PNN for the +1 as always. Just wanted to say this just to reassure you that I can probably keep them up unless something big or important comes up.

Last edited:
Before I left for my inactivity you were a pretty good player on the server, helping others, enforcing rules, started to use !calladmin. It’s also very helpful that you are on the server when we would need it most. Since I’ve come back, I noticed some things I take issue with. Misusing admin chat, freekilling, teamkilling. We have given you chances, but I don’t think this shift in attitude/playstyle is good. I’m going to stay neutral.

Before I left for my inactivity you were a pretty good player on the server, helping others, enforcing rules, started to use !calladmin. It’s also very helpful that you are on the server when we would need it most. Since I’ve come back, I noticed some things I take issue with. Misusing admin chat, freekilling, teamkilling. We have given you chances, but I don’t think this shift in attitude/playstyle is good. I’m going to stay neutral.
Thanks for the feedback! @Sin.

Yeah about me making a bit of mistakes over the past week I truly believe that i have messed up during the course of this week and I promise and will guarantee that was definitely just a mess up because of school work and sleep schedule etc. But moving on from now I've told the admin team and will be telling you now that i'll try my hardest to be as mature as i can and I will prove to you that I am truly admin material. Anyways thanks for the reply have a nice day :)

Reactions: Sin.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread