Accepted Bob's US-Trade Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bap!

- Your name and/or nickname

Brendon/Bob

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

ZeroPC gave me Permission to apply.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:0:49617211

- Your general online times and your timezone

My time zone is EST and I hop on from around 10 AM or 12 PM and usually available all the way up to 2 or 3 AM.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I wish to apply for US-Trade and I play a bit Jailbreak as well. I would definitely visit a broader range of servers in case of a report.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes, I do have a microphone.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I used to be a Co-Owner on a popular Gmod server named NWA and I've owned a casual TF2 server along with being an admin on a CS:GO community named Flux Gaming.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Yes, I'd say I have a good understanding of the basics of SourceMod.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I believe you should choose me to be apart of the US-Trade admin team because I will be able to fill in the times some other admins would be normally busy at. I have a very good understanding of the rules and I frequently warn people and also help others around the server if they ever need someone's assistance. I am also active on the forums making reports on people if they ever break rules if there is no admin on. I believe I would be a great addition to your team and will be able to take a work load off the team as well as make the server a better place for everyone to enjoy.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Comm punishments (racism, toxicity, micspamming, overusing caps, etc)

(Before I start punishing I would give a loud and clear warning to the player first)

1. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
2. Gag/Mute 1440 minutes
3. Gag/Mute 4320 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 10080 minutes
5. Gag/Mute 43800 minutes
6. Permanent Gag/Mute

NSFW Spray and NSFW Conscientious Objector punishments

Loud and clear warning to the player, If they spray or pull out the objector again I will kick them and if they proceed to do it I'll kick them one more time and if they do it past all of those punishments they will receive a spray ban.

Ban punishments (exploiting, point farming, etc)

1. Ban 720 minutes
2. Ban 1440 minutes
3. Ban 4320 minutes
4. Ban 10080 minutes
5. Ban 43800 minutes
6. Permanent Ban

Cheating/Hacking will result in a permanent ban. I'm aware that trials can not permanently ban people so I will ban them for a long time and send my mentor or another full admin video evidence to issue a permanent ban.

Important Info

HLstats : https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=886075
Comms : https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=+STEAM_0:0:49617211&Submit=Search
Bans : https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:49617211&Submit=Search
Chatlog : https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=886075
Sessions : https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playersessions&player=886075

Current Playtime : 9 days and 5 hours

Tagging all US-Trade Admins :

@ZeroPC
@Mikey
@thebishcrazy
@Hedgehog
@Hera

Man bob have you done this before ? But on a serious note I do think you have a lot of potential to be a great asset to the trade team. I am going to remain neutral for now until the other admins put in their feedback but I am happy to see your name pop up in apps again! Good luck bob :)

• Happy
Reactions: Hedgehog and bap!
Alright Bob,

I'll keep this short and sweet, you're well known to the panda community and very well known to the trade servers. You clearly know the rules as proven by your many reports, you're active on forums every day which is good, having experience being as an admin and knowing you're way round sourcemod is good too, you got a good idea of the punishment times, I'm pretty happy about them

All in all, nice Application, good session times, clean comms/bans, I'm willing to +1 if the rest of the team is :)

Good luck!

• Disagree
  • Happy
Reactions: Ian, Gold and bap!
Hey Bob,

Finally, the long-awaited application has arrived.

I believe that you will be a superb addition to the US-Trade team. Your sessions are far better than expectation, and I always see you reporting rulebreakers and enforcing the rules whether that be in-server or on forums. In your time on the server, you have observed many admins do their job and even help us out in DMs occasionally. I'm sure that you will fit in perfectly and get a grasp of things very quickly. I'm confident in giving my
+1 here.

Good luck with the rest of the team :B1:

Bob, to be blunt, we have some very serious reservations about you becoming an admin and do not think that you are fit for it right now due to your immaturity and desire for status above all. It is fairly well known that after RCT teambanned you for just 120 minutes that you decided to take a break from jb as a whole for about a week. That is generally fine as everyone needs breaks from time to time, but immediately leaving the server and frantically asking for the ban to be removed doesn’t speak to you being responsible for your actions or improving from your mistakes. It points to your inability to brush things and learn and correct them. Further, we remember when you started to become a regular on the server, one of your main goals was becoming an admin of the server as quickly as you could. Your sessions were massive and you stated that you’d been playing jb 6-7 years and that you wouldn’t get burnt out if you hadn’t already. This was true up to October 22, when you got banned. Your sessions dropped right off the map in terms of consistency on jb and your Trade sessions went from the occasional visit to every day for often 5+. You instantly pivoted from one server to another and spent all your time there so you could rack up enough hours to apply for admin again barely 1.5 months after your last one was declined. That isn’t responsible, all it shows that you are willing to say whatever is needed to get to where you want to go and being willing to completely double back on what you said to chase the next goal. This leaves a couple of questions: 1.) What happens when you, for some reason, get muted/ gagged on trade for a silly mistake (just like the teamban)? Will you just leave and just go to another part of the community again? 2.) Since you said jb looks like hell to admin and was the main reason you went to Trade, what happens if that chaos happens comes to Trade and how will you handle it?

- The jb team

@Gold Alright let me explain myself for everyone who is confused about all of this and i'll answer everything here (please tell me if i missed anything)

1. I don't really see myself getting muted or gagged from trade because the trade rules are very easy and understandable mostly just (no toxicity, and not overusing caps which are very basic rules to learn by) on the other hand jb has a full forum just for their rules which can get a bit overwhelming for someone who wants to apply for admin and having to follow and enforce all like however many they are)

And at the end of the day people make mistakes i freekilled around like 6 or 7 people in a course of 1 week which was just me being stupid and sleep deprived because of irl issues with in real life friends aswell as helping my dad constantly moving to his new house.

2. I said jb looks pretty hard to administrate which is true for the most part in my opinion. Theres around like 50 or something rules? thats a lot to deal with from what it looks like since a lot of players can easily just break a rule from time to time and then you would have to explain it to them and then people overtalk you and all of that. I just believe that trade is more of a place to vibe since its not really about like "roleplay" you just trade, advertise, and have chill chats with other friendly people

And if i get denied on trade and i don't have any like problems irl with people or girlfriend stuff you will for sure see me applying on trade again because i genuinely love trade and everything about it. The people are very nice i always laugh and have a good time on there and the admin team ended up being someone of my best e-friends i've ever met so i just think like i belong there more. Sorry if this response wasn't good enough i've had a bit of a busy day today and im very tired but anyways take care DM me privately if i missed out on anything or we can talk about it in private if you'd like. :)

Edit : also i'm curious on
"frantically asking for the ban to be removed doesn’t speak to you being responsible for your actions or improving from your mistakes" I mean correct me i'f im wrong but i don't remember a single time asking for my guard ban to be removed. A week after i recieved it i went back on jb and played through it normally.

Last edited:
Hello and sorry for interrupting a trade application, but since I have experienced you on JB, I guess I can.

It is not that you are not fit for admin or anything like that Bob, but the timing is fairly strange. You were 100% dedicated to JB and becoming an admin there, untill you got teambanned. As Gold said, you left and it feels like you then was going for admin on trade and was committet to that a 100% as well. I am not telling you are power hungry, BUT that is a powerhungry move. I remember you wanted to appeal the teamban so you could apply for admin faster.

The trade team can use the information as they wish, personally I don’t support it yet, should of waited a bit longer.

Hello you guys
So I have read through your response gold and while I find the information useful in general the trade team or at least most of the team already knew about what occurred while he was applying for jailbreak because he told us. Some of the issues you bring up in your comment are heavily jailbreak oriented and do not effect his ability or behaviors on trade. Bob has not broken any rules on trade I have used stealth many times to check on him to see how he would do because I see what you mean about immaturity but he was always responsible and warning players as well as making reports. Bob has been very respectful about trying to make sure he did not apply too soon as to be respectful to you guys as well as to us. Bob asked several times what we thought about a good time frame would be for him to re-apply/apply and we gave him our advice. Obviously, we are okay with how fast it was because zero gave him permission. Bob has spent everyday since on trade this is true, but that is because he truly enjoys being there and I can tell he genuinely loves the server and the people in it. I think he had good intentions with JB but realized that trade was a better fit for him once he started interacting with the regulars and other admins here. Thank you for your input however we have already taken most of this into consideration a month ago when it originally happened.

Time for me to crack at this.

Bob is a very active regular on US Trade. He is very fond of the rules and does a great job enforcing them when my team is not present on the server. He is very friendly with the playerbase and actively makes reports via both !calladmin and proper forum reports. Hell, even messaging me or my team sometimes when there is a hacker. He definitely shows that he can be a valuable team member if he gets on board.

Now, despite everything that’s been said about Bob from both my team and the “JB Team”, Hera made some good points that I was gonna make on this reply. The JB Team claims that Bob is immature and rushed too quickly over to Trade shortly after being guard banned. They may claim that Bob is immature, but in my experience with Bob over the past few months, I have seen barely any signs of immaturity from him while present on US Trade.

See, even if Bob made some mishaps on JB, he doesn’t show any of those same mishaps on US Trade. True, both servers have different rule sets, and with JB, it's hard to be careful since one tiny thing you do can affect the entire round. I know this because I started in this community as a JB Admin. They have a lot of rules. It's hard. The JB Team cannot disagree with me on that. Even if Bob was immature on JB, in my eyes, he’s overcome that immaturity on Trade or at least knows how to hold it in and control it.

I understand the JB Team might disagree with me and dislike this response, and that’s fine, but I, as an Admin on US Trade, have no reason to -1 him. While on trade, Bob has shown he can be a great team member and knows how to control himself while present. Even in Discord calls with him completely off topic about Panda-related matters, he shows almost no signs of immaturity despite his age. He actively makes reports, enforces rules, is friendly with the regulars, and overall is showing that he wants to contribute to our team, and that’s enough for me to support his app. Sure maybe he could have waited longer if the timing was strange, but does it truly hurt to post now?

I apologize if this seems like an attack on the JB Team, it;s not. Just my honest response on the matter. Anyone is more than welcome to share any more information about Bob, but my vote right now is as honest as the rest of my teams votes.

+1

The feedback for this has been rather fast and would prefer to see if there are any changes in votes/feedback until the 27th of December

We're pretty much aware of the swapping from US JB to US Trade due to his previous application.

Reactions: bap! and vinny
The feedback for this has been rather fast and would prefer to see if there are any changes in votes/feedback until the 27th of December

We're pretty much aware of the swapping from US JB to US Trade due to his previous application.
I mean yeah probably good not to put it under review yet since mikey has not been able to give his thoughts or feedback on the app ?

• Dumb
Reactions: vinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread