Beep-Man Buildings (1 Viewer)

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Okay so. I talked to the Creator of Beep-Man and you are not supposed to build through the Console, what you have to do is STEAL sentrys, so for now on who keeps continuing building through the Console, will be slayed if they've continued after a warning of an Admin, it's counted as Exploiting now as it's not intentional

To make this short, your Gunslinger acts like a Rescue Ranger, steal a Hijacked Sentry from a distance and make it be your own Sentry.

Okay so. I talked to the Creator of Beep-Man and you are not supposed to build through the Console, what you have to do is STEAL sentrys, so for now on who keeps continuing building through the Console, will be slayed if they've continued after a warning of an Admin, it's counted as Exploiting now as it's not intentional

To make this short, your Gunslinger acts like a Rescue Ranger, steal a Hijacked Sentry from a distance and make it be your own Sentry.
can you elaborate what this means??

edit: nvm, i understand now :p

Okay so. I talked to the Creator of Beep-Man, it's counted as Exploiting now as it's not intentional
dabd939fde6653488c31412826434ce3.png
6fdb0f89ad2852e7c33073423d93d842.png

It was unintentional YEARS ago, and as they updated they declared it an official easter egg.
Unless it's written in specific in the rules that it's not allowed whilist the creator themselves said It's declared OFFICIAL, then I see no problems with using it.
Besides, I think a Mini-Sentry for him is a nice addition. Only exception might be not to build dispensers as him since they have 0 value with the exception of teleporters.

I mean sure, if the community doesn't want it(?), either make a vote to forbid that use or keep it as it is now.
Up until now there was this misunderstanding that it was not allowed because people lacked an official word from the author whether it's allowed or not. But looking at the image above I guess it's plenty.

Since that was never a problem, Koishi/93sHADoW never had a reason to update the post to mention that and their intentions to make it official. Now that I told them about the situation and confusion around the community regarding the usage of the buildings as BeepMan, they decided to update the post to make it clear for everyone.

a1ccb2bc82db7a7f340c8a142f5b5307.png

@UberMedicFully You've shown me an image of a conversation with them 10 months ago saying it was unintentional. They admitted it was unintentional but remained as an easter egg for the players to use on their leisure. So... just make a vote then? A Mini-Sentry is not a game changer. There shouldn't any pent up aggression towards this mechanic.

Look, normally I'd understand forbidding this if it was a pretty strong Hale, but how many kills does the sentry even get? Almost nothing! It gets popped like a balloon and doesn't even threat the enemy team when a Mini-Sentry that does 7-11 damage hits them. I believe it should be a last line of defense for the hale. The hale doesn't even stun when he rages, only "lags" the players. you have a gentlespy who's headshot does 1000+dmg insta-kills any HP target even with lucky sandwich and suddenly a mini sentry is a problem? I don't really get it.

• Informative
Reactions: Loki.
Now I think we should get some thoughts on this from current admins.

Now I think we should get some thoughts on this from current admins.
Agreed,
I'd also suggest to make a vote. I understand that the staff has the final say, yes, but think about how much FF2 was changed and balanced, bosses getting weaker, some bosses getting added, some removed, some revamped.
It changed a lot on how Freak Fortress 2 now works compared to before.

The players themselves who spent and invested a considerable amount of time playing the gamemode should have a say as well, no? That is what I believe. We PLAY the gamemode after all.
Unless the staff decide to drop a big "No." Which would ultimately end the conversation and we could move on, but I'm optimistic and hope they would understand my intentions.

Users who are viewing this thread