1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Join us on our discord server for fun gaming evenings, discussions, music and much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you!
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming an admin?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Quiet, Oct 11, 2017.

?

Should i apply for admin

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Quiet

Quiet New Member

Steam:
    Hello fellow admins. I've been thinking to become an admin for deathrun #9.
    Should I apply? or not? Please answer.

Yours scincerly

Quiet

2. Husky

Husky Trial Gameserver Admin
    Trial Gameserver Admin

It's not up to others to decide whether you should apply or not. They may play a role in it but it is ultimately your decision if you want to apply for admin. Don't let others tell you what to do there are exceptions ofc or else you won't get anything you want to do done.

3. Quiet

Quiet New Member

Steam:
    I made this thread so i can see if there is any slot available in that server plus I also made this to know if im in need or not thats all.

4. EvoWarrior5

EvoWarrior5 Well-Known Member
    Contributor

Steam:
  5. yoyoyaso2222

yoyoyaso2222 Donator
    Donator

Steam:
    I will drop my opinion here even though I am not an admin.

You have enough time on the server to apply and your chat seems fine (there is a bit of overusing caps though).

Your sessions are ok I don't see any rule enforcment but this depends on the situation so I don't think there is much to say about that.

The server you would like to apply for isn't in the available positions thread (4 admins) so you would need premission from a gameserver admin.

I don't like the mutes from mic spamming those do concern me but everything else is fine I think you would be a relativly good admin.

6. Quiet

Quiet New Member

Steam:
    Thank you

7. Noot Noot

Noot Noot Trial Gameserver Admin
    Trial Gameserver Admin

Steam:
  8. Ketteii

Ketteii Member

That's not how being an admin works. Just because an individual isn't violating rules, they're considered good material for admin? There's a lot more to being an admin than just being a not-bad player and meeting criteria; for example, they have to be helpful and informative, defuse bad situations, and overall create a positive environment whenever they're online - it's not just punishing rule breakers.

In my opinion, the fact that you created a forum post asking whether you should apply could be interpreted in many ways, for the most part negative. I obviously will miss a few. The first and most obvious being that you are hesitant - maybe rightly, maybe not. Not a particularly good trait to have in an admin, but maybe you're just over worried. Or maybe you want to subconsciously pander, "Your opinion is important." Again, negative. Or maybe.. You get the idea.

The real question is why you didn't PM players you're familiar with - why make a public forum post.

There's a lot of different factors at play here.

9. Husky

Husky Trial Gameserver Admin
    Trial Gameserver Admin

@Ketteii@Ketteii

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. yoyoyaso2222

yoyoyaso2222 Donator
    Donator

Steam:
    @Ketteii@Ketteii As husky mentioned he made this thread to see if there is an available slot in the server to apply and to see if he has a chance.

What I meant by the statement "I think you would be a relatively good admin." is that you would have a chance at becoming admin but I guess I should make my statements clearer.