Declined Banning of freeze dance (1 Viewer)

Should freeze dance be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • I don’t care just remove jailfort

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semicolon Backslash

Mapper
Contributor
Freeze dance is a minigame that is usually played in disco and it plays as follows

“While music is playing you must be constantly moving when the music stops last person to stop moving is kos”

Doesn’t that sound a lot like another banned game on jailbreak

Oh yeah first reaction last reaction

First Reaction, Last Reaction: Similar to Simon Says, RED players must do the action the Warden says. Instead of saying "Simon says", the Warden will either say "First reaction" or "Last reaction". The first person to do the action during a first reaction round will be killed, and the last player to do the action during a last reaction round will be killed.” -tf2 wiki

“First Reaction Last Reaction, is a Minigame which brings a lot of confusion with Guards and debatable discussions on who was first or last.
Many players say this is also a good way to just avoid doing the actual minigames and getting kills fast so that is why Panda forbids this Minigame.” -panda jb rules

Both minigames rely on guards seeing who was last (or first in fr lr’s case) to move and could possibly cause confusion amongst the guards. Another reason I’ve heard fr lr is banned is due to it being ping based. I couldn’t find any statement saying so but it defintely is.

umm why would you ban it tho, it doesn't cause confusion between guards as I've seen, but if it does they just vote who was the last one and kill him, this minigame also doesn't count on ping like last reaction first reaction, since it's music playing and not a guard saing stop or smthn (atleast I think ping doesn't affect the music).

I feel like your reading into the lines far Too much no need to ban a popular mini game just cause it resembles another one.

I would also advocate we ban going to the yellow line because since some people have higher ping they might hear the order a split second later and get to the line later which is unfair allowance of detouring and delaying.

• Dislike
Reactions: Flynt and Geronimo
I think it's pretty evident that this isn't going to be accepted, that being said I don't think we need to make fun of the comparison bw this and everything else on jb, I understand why @Semicolon backslash thinks this game relies on ping more then other games. Obviously going to a line or a game such as crush game are not effected as much as a game like this in which you have to stop moving, but also the music is map-based and not player-based with their microphone in FRLR. So yeah, I understand why you would want it removed, but It functions slightly different then FRLR in terms of fairness-from-ping.

• Dislike
Reactions: Jim and Monster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread