Declined Banned for using !call once with a reason (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again,
Story time first
Most of u know that i was muted and gagged recently thanx to some cowards
Today while playing some player called stubb who is here in the forums in voice chat kept calling me "gagged and muted" tens of times, over and over again, so i used !call ONCE for voice spam, guess what happened, i got banned.

here is the template now:

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=akram&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned S!r Akram
Steam ID STEAM_0:0:52506623
Date and Time of the Ban 02-17-17 18:14
Reason about the Ban using !call
Admin that Banned you Gardevoir

• Dislike
Reactions: Flynt
The ban is two hours, and probably will get lifted before this gets resolved
But i won't just do nothing while we get a clan of abusive admins and their friends on the server, who ban/mute/gag anyone they don't like.

• Dislike
Reactions: Flynt
"Clan of abusive admins", "Gagged because of some cowards" I think you might want to rephrase that abit if you want people to try and understand your point of vieuw...

getting banned for using !call once for a good reason > not abusive
no, i'll call it what it is
i am not a hypocrite, to try to sweeten things when they're bad
-------------
and everyone's avoiding the main point of the abusive ban

Hello~

Here is the call :
kui77cr.jpg

My first part, totally arbitrary, will answer that a rule clearly states to not use !call when one (or more) admins are on the server. There were admins on the server, so the use of the command was prohibited. So for this part, ban is legit.

My second part, personal one, will say that wasn't spamming in voice. He could
calling me "gagged and muted"
in chat, that would be same. Even if, as french, I dont' totally get what he was saying. Also, I didn't realized immediately, that, being perma gagged, you wasn't able to report him by chat, but you still can mute him via game menu, report him on forum, or add him on steam for ask him to stop and/or add an admin on the same steam for report him. This second part of me will say the ban is decay. Even if as permagagged after 5 gags/mute, it's normal to not be able to talk...

If someone need/want to add something, correct me, or debate on the fact to allow permagaggeds to use !call while admins are presents, go ahead.

First thing about using !call when an admin is online is forbidden is something i didn't know, which is MY fault for not reading that list when u join, i still dunno if it's really there cause i am banned.
-----------------------------
However, you did not try to ask why i used the !call, you just proceeded to taunt me, with ur:
102m2k1.jpg

followed by a ban even though i didn't use it again, i was wondering how is that a call abuse, and then i just got banned.
------------------------------
As for saying he wasn't spamming, oh he was, ask the other admin who was there before you. After all, i was banned minutes after u joined and u missed all the fun spamming.
As for your "mute him or talk to him on steam", why do we need chat rules then? And it was a minor thing to put on the forums, i just wanted him to stop. Someone to tell him to stop, instead i got banned.
------------------------------
Now my final question is: do you think the ban was deserved?

For the "taunt" as you said, i asked to others online admins if the ban was necessary, one responded to me in admin chat (private so) to do it. So I did it.
followed by a ban even though i didn't use it again
The ban concern an infraction. Using the !call function while admin is online is strictly forbidden.
i was banned minutes after u joined and u missed all the fun spamming.
Sorry i can't be everywhere at every time, and i'll not ask to others admins and players what they did while i wasn't here...
why do we need chat rules then?
Chat rules apply to who can talk. Since you're permagagged, chatrules doesn't apply to you anymore I guess... That not the point but still. If you wasn't permagag, who knows if you were not going to insult him and ask him to be silent? So you're not allowed to talk on the server anymore due to your previous gags/mute. You have to found others ways to communicate, without breaking others rules (such as !call or !t functions).

do you think the ban was deserved?
You broke a rule, you pay the price. You wasn't able to talk, it's your fault. You didn't knew the rules relative to !call abuse, it's your fault. I'll not decide if yes or no this ban was deserved, I just applied the rule, and obeyed a more ranked admin.

ahahahahah, no, it's my fault for using the !call i know, i admitted that. but it's funny. I keep being reminded over and over again that i am perma muted and gagged, and also people assuming that i would insult him if i wasn't.

I keep getting the "once a criminal, always a criminal", i think i know how convicted people that can't get a job feel now, ahahahahaha XD people keep mentioning like it's the reason for this ban.

Long story short, i got perma muted and gagged, i kept getting taunted with it in voice chat, two admins were around and did nothing, i used !call once, and got banned with no warnings. My first ban ever, for what? using !call

--------------------------

And oh, before i forget, here is an advice, try asking the person u want to ban first next time, especially when it's something like using !call.

--------------------------

You can close the topic now, like i said, the ban is already lifted, but i couldn't let this just pass like this.

here, put urself in my situation: i said many times, i didn't know about that !call rule. And it's faster, when i'll use it, the admins in the server will know something is wrong.
And do not say it's ur fault, i said it's my fault twice already.

Alright, putting aside all the shit that went down earlier, here are the facts:
  1. Stubb was calling you "gagged and muted" instead of "Akram" over the mic. He was NOT voice spamming, however.
  2. This is the call you made:
    Reporter: S!r Akram (STEAM_0:0:52506623)
    Target: Stubb (STEAM_0:1:86418524)
    Reason: Spam in voice

Obviously, any admin seeing the call on the server would call it "Call Abuse" because Stubb was not mic spamming (i.e it was a false accusation call), he was doing something that offended you by calling you "gagged and muted".
  3. The proper reason would have been "Insulting" or more directly "Tell him to stop calling me that".
Pretending that all the drama didn't happen, and also considering the fact that you are gagged (which is your fault tbh), the reason you were banned boils down to this: YOUR MESSAGE WAS NOT CLEARLY RELAYED TO THE ADMINS. In short, a matter of miscommunication. The only person I can blame for this is your English teacher really.
I didn't stop Stubb from calling you that, but given the earlier 'incidents', I hope its understandable why. Anyway, I talked it over with Stubb, and (hopefully) he won't do it again.
Also bear in mind that no admin is perfect, just like no judge in a courthouse, however supreme, is perfect in his/her 'judging'. An admin does what he thinks is right, and that may not necessarily always be the correct decision which is why we have the Appeal system (imo) in the first place.

Your behavior isn't good either. Infact, it's aggressive and stubborn, which is why nobody is taking you seriously around here. Here's an example of what your attitude should have been like: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/duel-sticky-traps.10999/
See how he didn't blame anyone? See how he didn't insult anyone? See how he simply spoke out what was on his mind without hurting anyone's feelings? See how it all worked out in the end with no drama? If you want to be taken seriously, leave a good impression of yourself for once. End rant.

As for whether you deserve this ban or not, I'll let the others decide. Its 1 AM again, can't think straight anymore.

EDIT: I'll also say that it didn't cross my mind when you made the call that you were referring to the insulting instead of the supposed 'spamming'.

Last edited:
azvh.PNG

S!r Akram has agreed to accept the punishment and close the thread.

Side comment:
@Nameless, for extra precaution, if you need to contact an admin I'd suggest privately messaging the admins first, by going in team-chat and typing "@ [message]". If no admin responds, or the situation hasn't been handled within a reasonable amount of time, we would assume there's no admin present, the admin is AFK, or the admin isn't doing their job efficiently. If that's the case, then using the !call system accordingly is justifiable, whether or not there's an admin present.

Declined and Closed.

• Informative
Reactions: Da Random
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread