Declined Bananas Admin app... redux! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananawastaken

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Username:
Banana

Steam ID 32:
STEAM_0:0:138009523

Your age:

Current playtime on relevant server:
19 days

Link to your sourcebans record:
https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:138009523&Submit=Search (bans)
https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:138009523&Submit=Search (comms)

0 Bans and 1 Commblocks and 2 Teambans

Servers you are applying for:
US Jailbreak 193.38.251.14:27015
I know US Hightower doesn't really have any trial admins soo I would totally love to help out there too if allowed.
Just throwing that out there.

General online times and time zone:
11 am-2 am GMT

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes

Previous experience as an admin:
I moderate the Flux highertower server, which is pretty active.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?:
From my last application, I think I have done well to act on the feedback, I am on good terms with everyone on the admin team except Bambi, I haven't really done anything dumb recently and I actually give my thoughts in a more mature manner compared to before I think.
I think I have done all that is and will be necessary to mend bridges, I am a positive person, contrary to my voice and I believe I am mature enough for admin.
I don't want to toot my horn but I honestly believe I have made the necessary improvements, that being said I'm not perfect, but who is :)

I like to think I am open-minded and I constantly ask questions to solidify my own knowledge, I play a lot of blue and a lot of scenarios do happen and I love to ask questions to understand the rules better.
I really like jailbreak and have a gauging interest that goes outside of the actual game itself, which not only means activity but a great helping hand regarding stuff like improving the forums, the servers, and much more. I can be the person that gives a different opinion and view on certain issues and use my own years of experience on different communities to help panda be the best it can be, as well as help in-game. They aren't as radical as before, I've come to terms with the current Panda JB gameplay and I really like it, but you can always improve, whether that be maps, rules, minigames, etc.
But being an admin is way more than just typing commands, I mentioned it before on my previous app, that the best admins are able to maintain a great relationship with the userbase as well as maintain order when its genuinely needed and that shit honestly does so much for a community I cannot even articulate how significant it is.
I have a flexible active timezone so I can cover European hours as well as some US hours, I am always willing to make myself available when I can which is pretty advantageous for something like JB.
I really want to be a part of something big and I believe I have the toolset necessary.

Punishments:

Cheating:
Permaban with a demo to attach to source bans.

Advertising hacks:
Perma gag

Blue stuff. Usually a teamban.
1) 120 Minutes
2) 240 Minutes
3) 480 minutes
4) 1440 minutes
5) Perma

Chat-related offences. Usually a gag.
1) 360 Minutes
2) 1440 minutes
3) 4320 minutes
4) 10080 minutes
5) Perma

Microphone-related offences. Usually a mute.
1) 360 Minutes
2) 1440 minutes
3) 4320 minutes
4) 10080 minutes
5) Perma

Thanks for reading and see you around.

Hello Banana, I hope what I am about to say won’t make you hate me, But I can’t in good conscience let it go since it always irked me about your behavior, Your inconsistency and borderline mean tendencies towards a certain someone Im sure you know.

The past few months have been rather hectic to the community with the arrival of Annie and while you didn’t participate in the pile on at the start you’ve ingratiated yourself to her since the start, Defending her and being quite kind, I liked that, I liked that so much honestly, Even though I constantly ignored Annie, I have never been negative towards her personally since I didn’t want to be at the center of this clusterfuck.

Over the weeks when everything began to deteriorate and the drama just thickened, the shift in your behavior towards her has honestly been rather weird, I wouldn’t have been weirded out by it if you just cut ties with her but you’ve something rather fucked up, You kept up appearances and just manipulated her, Filming her private calls with you and just letting them loose on her attackers and fueling the drama, Shit talking her behind her back and sweet talking when no one’s around.

It didn’t stop with her leaving Panda, You always keep mentioning her again and again, Even changing your spray to her. I know you’re gonna say its just a joke but I genuinely don’t want this behavior in an admin.

Also the sixth punishment is the Perma, I would’ve thought you’d atleast know that since you claim to be active on the forums and would’ve most likely read other applications to get an idea.

I hope this doesn’t sour our friendship.

Salutations Banana. Thanks for taking your time to apply.

I'll start listing what is good about your app.

- Your app is very well constructed and "looks" pleasing.

- Chatlog's are ok but I never see any rule enforcement unless you tend to warn in voice.

Now onto the negatives.

- Your punishment is 1 week then perm. I recommend adding a month so that being it is one month and then perm. That will make it 6 till perm instead of 5. Your teambans on the 4th punishment is long. 24 hour teamban is basically a day teamban and nobody can grind that many hours unless they are a regular. That being said you will get taught the proper punishment style once you get trial.

- Your timezone is close to our teams online time but that being said I don't mind some extra help.

- You claim to know the basis of jb yet you somehow tend to break them when the jb team is on. A lot of the jb team mentions either:
  • Baiting (Walking up to reds to conga, Airblasting 2 freedays into sweeper.)
  • AFKing on blue several times
  • Favoring
  • Enforcing a rule that doesn't exist
  • Accidential MFK's
This alone makes one of the reason towards my vote and brings concern if you are gonna break rules while in trail phase.

- The jb team also pointed out your Hypocrisy and your Immaturity. Look here.
banana1.PNG

banana2.PNG

56.PNG

This is something I want to bring up and this also another reason that leads to my vote

Sorry to say Banana but I can't have you on the team at this moment but don't let this stop you. Maybe on your next app you can hopefully improve your mistakes but at the time I will sadly have to -1

VOTE:

I just don't feel your ready for admin based off of some things you have said/done on the servers. Please actually take the feedback given by the two swag trials we have if you ever plan on applying again, I feel you still have sometimes get tilted over a tf2 community server jail roleplay gamemode. Although I will give you credit, things are getting better and I gotta love the enthusiasm.

Well I do not have much to add to what is already talked by the others, if you were to improve on what they have talked about I would have considered giving a +1 but as of now it has to be a-1.

With four admins with 4 negative votes I believe this is safe for me to decline. Bambi had nothing else to add for the applicant to feedback upon / timezone just doesn't line up.
Any feedback above please take constructively if you wish to apply in the future. You can apply in one month: 5th of February 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread