Expires on
02-14-19 17:02
Reason
revealing admin
Banned by Admin
Ranger Ciri
Banned from
Panda-Community.com #09 | Deathrun

Hello, I expect this is my last activity on this server. I would like to thank you for the together game. However, when it came to the fact that the admin wants to ban me at every possible moment my pleasure of the game is gone. I do not know why ciri is trying to show me that he has power, but I can not help stopping his sick ambitions. I mentioned that he is trying to ban me in every game, looking for some very strange excuses for his warnings that he will ban me. He considered it a disclosure that he is an admin (Besides that before the game a table with staff online is shown) i didn't mention that he is admin. He was indignant and gave me ban for a month. It's hard to live with an administrator who has a grudge against me.
I am afraid that unfortunately we are not able to play together. So even if ill get unban here he will find new way to ban me for his weird reasons. Ill mention that no only me is against ciri's admin status. Sorry for bad englando have fun and keep in mind that admin should help people and make them happy instead of trying to ban them every single time.

-Big love for nice people in this server <3

@Ranger Ciri
forgot to tag

Edit by Roar: Merged posts

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: mariusztofik
I really don't see where this is coming from, you accusing me of holding some grudge on you when if anything, I've been way too soft on you which is also why you only have two punishments by me. Just this today I had to give two warnings for you insulting other players and calling me "a fcking gay" and I've also warned you on the map dr_museum for skipping but didn't ban you when you were on your final chance after being warned in the past, I was too mercyful since it'd be atleast a month long ban. You did have this thought of me holding a grudge in you in the past too when I banned you the first time, I took own time and invited you to the other (empty at the time) deathrun server and personally showed you that the trap you had skipped was skippable which you later acknowledged but you didn't seem to want to accept it.

I have no clue what you're on about when you say I have strange excuses to give you warnings or want to ban you and I don't mind either because there is guranteed no proof of it, since that's never happened. If you do happen to have proof however, the best thing to do would be sending it to Kevin or create a report in admin reports. You could also post any valid evidence and I will resign from admin. If valid.

As for the actual reason of me banning you, as you and I having a conversation (I had not revealed myself an admin) and I "stole" a kill from you, which seem to piss you off. Things take off, here's the entire chatlogs.

2019-01-15_20-56-30.png

How I see it, you seem to be taking things way too personal sadly, I've tried my best to be as nice to you as possible, I still do and will. However, the way how you're appraoching in this appeal saying I have something personal against was not very wisely done of you. This picture kinda speaks for itself, I tried to handle your situation calmly but you seemed to pull out a lot of stuff from out of nowhere, like me wanting to ban you. Talking to someone and saying they're gonna ban you when they haven't announced themselves as admin is very much revealing admin. Do know that I still have respect for you and it really is a pity you have these feelings towards me.

I don't agree, you weren't hidden. From this chat log it does not reflect that he obstructed your administrating in any way;

Generally obstructing an administrator in the performance of his tasks is strictly forbidden. This includes announcing when an administrator joins, when the administrator is hidden (i.e. the administrator is in stealth mode) or when the administrator is using an alias (and not their original name). If the admin has talked using their admin tag or has announced in some form that they are present (this excludes bans/gags/mutes) you may address the admin normally.

How can i not take thing personally when they are about me. Also your way to contribute to ban someone is weird. It's mindless. You have weird definition in your brain which keep you as a admin who dont know what talking about. Maybe you are nice guy but the way you admining makes you a guy which not everyone wants to play. Maybe you take things to serious and personally. You need to chill out its a game which should make us happy. It's weird when you coming to server i want to leave. We both should make this community happier not make them fear of a admin.
Good night

Let me add to the discussion. Even though I do not share the same opinion as Ciri about the revealing I do want to bring to light that this is your 6th ban within the time-span of one year. I think that having some time of will give you the opportunity to read over the rules. If no other opinions surface I will lower the punishment slightly, but do note that your next ban will be permanent.

I need more opinions from full admins, keeping this open.

I don't agree, you weren't hidden. From this chat log it does not reflect that he obstructed your administrating in any way;
Pretty much agree to this, also banning for something that could be resolved with a gag seems really unfair. Also seems more like Ciri provoked him with "also marius why are you so upset?" which escalated the whole thing.

Reactions: PNN and Magglet
I think it might be better if I talk about this in the appeal to give everyone a clearer picture. I asked him why he seemed upset because I was actually concerned for him however it's not that easy to understand the tone when the message is typed out and not said in voice chat or something but just know I would never provoke anyone.

The reason why I gave out a ban was because I think breaking a rule like that deserves a timeout from the server rather than not talking while being able to play as it could lead to rule breakers getting away. Admins punish differently, some give out bans for racism, mass freekills, revealing (like I did) and other stuff even when a ban isn't "necessary".

Also this is kind of an example just to explain how this is very much revealing even if you're using your normal name but without the admin tag: if someone called admin and I join, "Ranger Ciri has joined the game" and someone starts saying " the admin Ranger Ciri is admin he is joining watch out", would that really not be revealing and not bannable?

That's my thought and how I see it atleast, exaggerated it a bit to make it easier to understand.

• Dislike
Reactions: Jim
I don't think anything should result in a ban that one can do in chat or voice other than advertise hacks and maybe something commands related shit(?)

Comms for communication related offenses, bans for gameplay related offenses imo

I think it might be better if I talk about this in the appeal to give everyone a clearer picture. I asked him why he seemed upset because I was actually concerned for him however it's not that easy to understand the tone when the message is typed out and not said in voice chat or something but just know I would never provoke anyone.
If you understand this, then you would write it in a less aggressive way.

Also this is kind of an example just to explain how this is very much revealing even if you're using your normal name but without the admin tag: if someone called admin and I join, "Ranger Ciri has joined the game" and someone starts saying " the admin Ranger Ciri is admin he is joining watch out", would that really not be revealing and not bannable?
That would be announcing, not revealing, but again would be really unfair to ban. Everyone can very easily see you're an admin if they wanted to
PUF9mgF.png

when you join any panda server with HTML MOTD enabled, you can very clearly see that you're an admin whenever you're online here
qRtDxNc.png

there's also a huge list of admins on sourcebans
k43qX5v.png

any punishments made by you have your name on them
ckMfiKv.png

zInItkm.png

and there's also a staff overview thread
w3Lx3Xp.png

Generally obstructing an administrator in the performance of his tasks is strictly forbidden. This includes announcing when an administrator joins, when the administrator is hidden (i.e. the administrator is in stealth mode) or when the administrator is using an alias (and not their original name). If the admin has talked using their admin tag or has announced in some form that they are present (this excludes bans/gags/mutes) you may address the admin normally.
So while you didn't use your admin tag nor directly said you're admin, you are the one actively enforcing rules so if you warn and they continue then they get punished, people will get the impression that you are an admin. And even then, he never announced you when you joined and said you're admin nor obstructed you in any way, and this seems more directed at trying to be stealthy to see if some players misbehave while there is no admin present hence the need for stealth mode or an alias, also checked his entire chatlog, and can only find this one instance where he very loosely said you'd ban him indicating you're an admin, but never directly said you are one, so the ban is just unfair.
The reason why I gave out a ban was because I think breaking a rule like that deserves a timeout from the server rather than not talking while being able to play as it could lead to rule breakers getting away.
Gag them, if they continue in voice chat mute them, if they do it via name ban them, if they break some rule then immediately leave, you have a mentor to punish them for a longer time than usual for evading punishment. But keep in mind all the things I said previously, I won't rewrite it all.
I don't think anything should result in a ban that one can do in chat or voice other than advertise hacks and maybe something commands related shit(?)

Comms for communication related offenses, bans for gameplay related offenses imo
Even advertising cheats IMO should just result in perm gag instead, there was a thread about it on whether it should be ban or not, but it got stuck in limbo and now seems to have gone off the face of the earth so it's sort of uncertain. And yeah only command related stuff can be bannable, for some reason you can still spam "certain" commands flooding the chat (not saying which). Another thing that could count as bannable is spamming the admin via private chat (team chat, start with @) since you can't really gag them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread