Accepted ban appeal call abuse (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbooooom

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:7016847+&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Mr Booooom
Steam ID STEAM_0:0:7016847
Date and Time of the Ban 03-24-17 15:06
Reason about the Ban: Call abuse
Admin that Banned you : Nitro4D

Why should I receive a unban:

I was banned immediately without warning after I used the !call command once.
I called because somebody stole several times and I was not aware that an admin was online.
The stealer was not slain or warned so I assumed there is no admin online and I used the !call

I can not see any wrongdoing on my part.

As also the admin knows, I am a regular player at this server, I do know the rules and I do follow the rules.
I never would have used the !call command if I would have known there is an admin online, or if the admin would have acted like one.

To protect a stealer (not slaying, not even warning) but to ban immediately the player who tries to report the stealer is…well…difficult to understand

With best regards
Booooom

• Disagree
Reactions: Lighty
No, Nitro, I did not do anything wrong.
Or whatever you think i did wrong, it was not intentionally.

Instead of warning or slaying the stealer you focused (intentionally) on immediately punishing the player who reported the stealer (while an admin was online who was not doing his job in the first place what I did not know at that point)

You could as well just texted to the stealer "don't steal" but you decided to ban me instead.

Gonna poke my nose in as an outsider to share my shitty opinion :^)
Looking at the console feed by nitro, it seems that while the warning was displayed in the chat, the caller's eyes were focused on the callreason box, so I think this might be a case of premature ejaculation, but what do I know, no timestamps in the console

• Winner
Reactions: TBotV63
Gonna poke my nose in as an outsider to share my shitty opinion :^)
Looking at the console feed by nitro, it seems that while the warning was displayed in the chat, the caller's eyes were focused on the callreason box, so I think this might be a case of premature ejaculation, but what do I know, no timestamps in the console

I agree with this. Another issue at stake though is that Nitro claims that the player in question was not even stealing. And if Boom has no evidence that the player was stealing, then he does not have much ground to stand on unfortunately for him.

No, Nitro, I did not do anything wrong.
Or whatever you think i did wrong, it was not intentionally.

Instead of warning or slaying the stealer you focused (intentionally) on immediately punishing the player who reported the stealer (while an admin was online who was not doing his job in the first place what I did not know at that point)

You could as well just texted to the stealer "don't steal" but you decided to ban me instead.

I saw what happened with nok stealing, And it was 1 time on the whole game. To save herself. If I see that I don't see the real need to warn them. Because they know.

Also.

d) Abuse of the !call
Using the calladmin function for no good reason or while an admin is already on the server is strictly forbidden.

Again. I've already said enough with your last appeal. And I don't see the need to do it again... So again here

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/banned-for-call-abuse-really.11758/#post-63415

The evidence is clear.

May I remind you that we are not robots that move at the speed of light. Nitro explained that the rocket was 'stolen' because the player was trying to protect themselves. Once you did call, Nitro gave the auto warning. You need to check chat and be aware of the warnings given to you. Maybe he didn't make his presences clear previously, but he sure did with the warning. And if Nitro is correct, another reason it is call abuse is because you reported a 'stealer' when really they weren't trying to steal they where just protecting themselves from a rocket that he/she was unfortunately (and not purposely I hope) in it's path.

If the rocket was yours as well, I'm sorry but this is just a salty appeal over a videogame.

I would not !call if somebody just stole once.

the stealing player did stand close to the middleline at box-sides map . Only a very few players online. no reason to stand there and steal.

anyway, if somebody steals a few times and no admin is around (what I assumed thanks to the missing slays or warnings) I do use !call

If no admin joins and the player keeps stealing I would record and post here at the report player section.

Whats wrong with that?

there was an admin online, but in hiding, not punishing or warning stealers.
I used !call
I get immediately banned for that. The stealer gets no punishment at all. Not even a warning.

Nobody can tell me that this is a fair, correct or normal admin action.

ban after using !call ONCE wrongly (without knowing that at the time)
but no punishment for stealers who break another rules several times?

If the rocket was yours as well, I'm sorry but this is just a salty appeal over a videogame.

Well, once it was my rocket, came straight at me. I was in the corner as usual but somebody went behind me. I blasted (missed actually!) and got slain immediately by Tbot. We had an argument about that back then. I'm sure he remembers. He said "no stealing" "no blasting" if it is not your rocket.
Ok. but seems to apply just for me then?

Well, once it was my rocket, came straight at me. I was in the corner as usual but somebody went behind me. I blasted (missed actually!) and got slain immediately by Tbot. We had an argument about that back then. I'm sure he remembers. He said "no stealing" "no blasting" if it is not your rocket.
Ok. but seems to apply just for me then?

Yes, I did indeed say that. The way Nitro makes it appear here is that it was a save, which is entirely different from that situation. Also, yes I am quite strict on steals, so are several others. Some admins have a slightly different standard of evaluation. If Nitro determined that it was a necessary save then it is up to him whether he wants to slay the offending player. When we had that arguement a few months ago I had determined that it wasn't a necessary save and thus a steal attempt, and I slayed you for it.

Also, this is taking the entire thing off topic. This is not about how steals are supposed to be handled by staff, this is an appeal so I'd appreciate if we could keep it on topic.

EDIT: For those determined to look further into that unrelated issue, here is the thread:

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/db-stealing-thx-exception-allowed.10439/

so I'd appreciate if we could keep it on topic.

Yes, I agree.

My point is:

I did not ABUSE the !call system at all nor would I ever intentionally do so.
I used the !call command in a very normal way ONCE ; not knowing or expecting that there was an admin online(coz no admin action after the steals)

To get a day banned for that is a bit harsh I think.

But if this is the rule and ban the swift punishment for everybody who uses !call once while an admin is on, no matter the circumstances, I wont bother any longer with this thread. Just hope you treat everybody equal then.

Cheers
Booooom

• Agree
Reactions: alperrt
Okay. I can understand that you may not have seen the warning. Next time please pay closer attention so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread