Accepted Bambi's JB NY Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambi

Donator
Bambi’s Admin Application

- Your name and/or nickname

Spencer, but people know me by Bambi

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

I meet the age requirement and jailbreak NY has open admin positions.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:0:72823153

- Your general online times and your timezone

My timezone is UTC-4. My general online times can vary, but during the weekdays im usually on anytime during 5-10 pm weekdays. Weekends 2-12 pm. These of course are flexible and are subject to change, but it gives a general idea to you when i'm mostly online.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

This application is for the jailbreak NY server. I don't intend to visit elsewhere.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I was an admin on FOG’s jailbreak servers (and the hightower servers but that was only because they needed it) the past year along with mentoring a three people.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Yes. All FOG admins also used sourcemod and I have full knowledge of the most important commands (eg. /ban /kick /gag /mute <playername> <time> <reason>) as well the less used and quite unnecessary ones. I also am very familiar with some jailbreak specific commands that can be also handy like for example /teamban_status <playername> for when players that have been teambanned commonly ask how long until there teamban is up. Another example would be more complicated ones like sm_teamban_offline <steam32ID> <time> which teambans a player that disconnected (useful when for example a player freekills then leaves, chosen for warden but leaves, or any teamban worthy offense report is made on the forums)

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

For starters as mentioned, I have previous admin experience on not only jailbreak, but using source mod as well. This makes me well able to hop in with a great understanding of all the commands including jailbreak specific ones. Not sure if this its still an issue but on other peoples applications it was mentioned that there were enough trials trying to get on there feet as far as being able to take care of the server on their own, I believe I can go in right away and do just that without much mentoring at all with my previous experience.

I'm a frequent visitor to on the jailbreak server and I see people break rules all the time. Jailbreak by far is one of the most chaotic modes out there and the other current admins can't always be online or able to take care of everything that goes on. I find myself on a lot in these cases where admins aren't present and rule breakers are, so i feel like if i could make a serious difference in keeping the jailbreak server a safe and fun place for everyone.

What also makes me good for the job is me being a level headed player. Yeah sure, sometimes I get a little annoyed when I or others get freekilled, but I never let my emotions get the best of me in any situation. It’s crucial not to do so in one of the more chaotic game modes there is.

Despite me still being a relatively new player on the server, I know all the rules including the unspoken ones by heart including the new rules that were just added. When I make connects to the server, anyone that regularly plays on the server knows who I am and for the most part likes me or thinks i'm okay. As far as my relations with other admins go, i've gotten to speak with them a few times however I don't try and talk to them as much as I can though because they give me the impression they are very busy peeps.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I'm a very laid back person and punishing players in most cases for me is the last thing I would like to do. I always search for the best possible solution to something before simply banning, gagging, muting or silencing a player. Other then that, my job is simply keeping the server a safe and fun place for other players to enjoy while also not causing players to stress about my presence by being an admin.

Now I should mention, It's impossible for me to promise you that i'll go strictly off the system you are about to read. I simply might not be able to keep track of certain players doing the same kind of violations and what not, and because everything is very situational and should be handled in its own appropriate way.

Ghosting- When a dead player gives information, even if it isn't very specific I think is extremely annoying for the people alive and can quite honestly sabotage the round. Whether it's someone giving answers to trivia or giving information about another players whereabouts, I personally treat ghosting as a slightly bigger second offense then say micspam.

1. Warning

2. Mute/Gag for 360 minutes

3. Mute/Gag for 720 minutes

4. Mute/Gag for 1440 minutes

5. Mute/Gag for 10080 minutes

6. Perma Mute/Gag
Racism- I find any kind of racist remarks to be treated more severely than simple player or admin harassment. A general warning is still good however to remind players we don't tolerate that behavior whatsoever, any further violation should follow with a longer gag/mute

1. Warning

2. Mute/gag for 720 minutes

3. Mute/Gag for 1440 minutes

4. Mute/Gag for 10080 minutes

5. Mute/Gag for 43800 minutes

6. Perma Mute/Gag
Harassment towards players/admins- can be situational. Obviously sometimes its just friends playing with each other by throwing non meaningful insults. I identify first whether the harassing is genuine, then take appropriate action. I personally for the most part don't care if someone throws insults/threats at me because in my opinion, if you can't take some heat as an admin, you're not qualified to be one.

1. Warning

2. Mute/Gag for 360 minutes

3. Mute/Gag for 720 minutes

4. Mute/Gag for 1440 minutes

5. Mute/gag for 10080 minutes

6. Perma Mute/Gag
Mic or text chat spam- I really only take action when the spam is annoying/heavy enough to disrupt players and or the round itself. The rest really is self explanatory.

1. Warning

2. Gag/Mute for 120 minutes

3. Gag/Mute for 360 minutes

4. Gag/Mute for 1440 minutes

5. Gag/Mute for 10080 minutes

6. Perma Gag/Mute
Call Abuse- Pretty straightforward. If someone uses !call I will tell them that I am on the server and there is no need to use !call.

1. Tell everyone there is an admin on

2. Ban for 720 minutes

3. Ban for 1440 minutes

4. Ban for 10080 minutes

5. Perma Ban

Exploiting- This can be situational. It could be someone who decided to glitch under the map, in which case I would slay that person and follow it up with a warning. Or another example would be more then one button in the stage chaos mini game with say a shotgun, in which case I would simply just warn the player that it isn't allowed.

1. Warning (slay if needed/appropriate)

2. Ban for 720 minutes

3. Ban for 1440 minutes

4. Ban for 10080 minutes

5. Perma ban
Hacking- Advertising hacks also falls under this category but with a warning first

1. Perma ban
No mic on guards- Self explanatory

1. Perma Teamban (until they prove they have and use a mic)
Fail warden- I don't see this problem myself happen too much, It usually occurs when newer players join blue team and really haven't read the rules. I'd like to start off with by reminding them to read the rules along with explaining what rule they broke. Ill hand them a warning and possibly team switch them if need be, followed by teamban.

1. Warning + slay

2. Teamban for 360 minutes

3. Teamban for 720 minutes

4. Teamban for 1440 minutes

5. Teamban for 10080 minutes

6. Perma teamban
Freekilling- This falls under two categories, intentional and unintentional. If the freekill was intentional then depending on the circumstances I may just do a normal ban instead of teamban. If it were unintentional, I'll warn the player not to make that same mistake followed by a slay if deemed appropriate. The affected reds will always be respawned by me.

1. Warning

6. Perma teamban
Mass Freekilling- Similar to freekilling, only with a larger amount of afflicted reds. It will also depend on if it were intentional and unintentional. I definitely understand if someone makes a mistake by firing a rocker and hitting a large amount of reds for example. I'll also try and respawn all afflicted reds but they may however be difficult depending on the situation.

1. Warning + slay (if intentional skip to 2)

2. Teamban for 10080 minutes

3. Perma teamban
Baiting- There are several scenarios where this can come in, some of which I feel should be treated differently. If say a blue goes into a red sided mini game where all the reds are such as obby, that's very annoying for other reds and should be treated a bit more severely than getting in a reds melee range. Nonetheless I'll still keep the lengths the same.

1. Warning

2. Teamban for 180 minutes

3. Teamban for 360 minutes

4. Teamban for 720 minutes

5. Teamban for 1440 minutes

6. Perma teamban
Tricking reds as a guard/Favoriting/Sabotaging the round/Camping blue only areas or armory/Generally everything else I didn't mention- all of which I treat the same way, a good warning followed by a teamban.

1. Warning

6. Perma teamban

I didn't intend on posting this as soon as I did but due to some upcoming school projects I would rather have this out here and not have to worry about making it. If anyone has questions or feedback they'd like to give me feel free to do so, I'm open to public or private conversations.

I'm tired.

Sessions.
GameMe.
Chat.

No bans or comms.

---

My primary concern is how I either have never played with you, which is ridiculous, or have never seen you. That's concerning, at least for me. I can't recall a single instance in which I remember seeing the name 'Bambi' in game. It means you've never stood out as a player, which is definitely not something I, as a player, would consider a positive quality in an applicant.

Shrug. Good application though, and nothing wrong with you as a player. A bit too much of the memey chat thingos imo, but it's understandable.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts.

I believe I've played with you enough to make my vote by now.

So I remember first bumping into you, you seemed upset over something happening to somebody getting punished or a rule. As a little of a shaky start.
After learning about the rules and knowing that they are possible subject to being improved and just generally playing yourself on the server I believe you feel a little more warming towards the server. Which is great.
Since then I've watched you warden, we've had brief discussions and overall I'm happy.
You have previous experience which is great. Chatlogs and sessions look great and I believe you'll fit in well within the current team. Especially since you have the experience you won't need much help from your mentor which is great for jailbreak and it's chaos.
(Will have to tidy up those punishments listed but they're not far off)

+1

I think I have seen enough of you to give my vote.

You seem very friendly, I haven't gotten any complaints about your behavior, and you always have a good eye out for rule breakers. I also like if you ever have a question about rules, you always come to one of us making sure you never assume things.
You warden very good and don't seem to struggle, you understand pretty much all of the current known custom minigames and you rarely have issues with them.

Your previous experience is also good to know, so you hopefully wont need too much help in most situations, but if you ever, that's why we will be a team.
Speaking of "team", you really seem to get along well with me and my team and that's good, because being an admin is team sport. We're here to help each other.

Overall, your app is nice and neat and I'm looking forward to having you on the team (if you get accepted)

+1

Kind of sucks being the third person to share my thoughts because everything good is already taken Lol.
I can’t really add anything because I agree with what was said above. You have experience because you’ve been an admin for jailbreak and no the commands, you know how things work, you havent broken rules, you enforce the rules and I’ve never seen you get reported or anything, you clearly have a levelheaded attitude for things and the only thing that you would really need to know is how we’re trying to have a consistent way of punishing people. That’s really it so no reason for me not to give a

+1

Reactions: Bambi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread