Accepted BaconPlague (The Funny Man)'s Ban Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconPlague

SourceBans Ban URL: Panda Community SourceBans
Name of your Banned Steam Account: ☣Bacon Plague☣
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44809162
Date and Time of the Ban: about 10:00pm CST
Reason about the Ban: suspected hacking
Admin that Banned you: Left 4 Zelda
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:
I don't hack, I have over 5k hours into tf2 and over 600 hours in the sniper class alone. Also I have uploaded a video of my gameplay minutes before my ban. My name at the time of the ban was jonarbucke0
Check it out here:
video desc: excuse the movie skips, that was just me tabbing out of the game or talking to personal friends

and excuse the christmas music, sometimes I listen to music when im playing

Last edited:
If you take a look at his gameME profile, found here, he has no hours using the name 'jonarbuckle0' in which he seemed to have played some decent time using that name.

Next, I have a demo of what I was seeing during all of this. (which is here) And when you see when I press tab, that shows up right?, there are actually TWO jonarbuckle0 players on the server. Seems like one is trying to protect the other from a ban, mmmm?
Then, throughout the demo he has some strange moments. Once as boss he tried jumping through a floor to reach a player, he tried that more around 3 times which seemed off. Then he started to hit some very good noscoped shots from afar, too good.. Followed with some flickering as well, which helped me decide he was actually.
Finally, some friends told me when people were suspecting him at hacking, he kept changing his name. I can't exactly prove that though.

Mostly anyone can back me up on this, even Zelda can, just in case I'm missing something.

Its the way I aim, i no scope and flick shot all the time. I change my name often because I felt like there was no harm in doing so. The second jonarbuckle is actually my brother sharing the same ip as me, and he is the medic healing me in the second video

I watched him for a long time. Even tried to get in touch with other admins to be sure but no one would answer. Anyway, I may have been wrong but I don't think I am. He was very twitchy & hitting his target without even aiming near him on my screen. It seemed as though he was even tracking the hale through walls even when an outline wasn't there.
I would've recorded myself, but demos never seem to work on my computer due to lack of space.
If I was wrong, I apologize. But to me, it sure looked like there was some sort of tracker or aim bot being used.
Never once have I seen someone on ff2 do that much damage in one round as sniper. If you're doing that much yourself, I applaud you.

In your second video at 2:30 you're tracking through a wall without it showing their outline. But also, in those videos you weren't even doing as much damage as I saw you do at other times.

Reactions: Geronimo
Its the way I aim, i no scope and flick shot all the time. I change my name often because I felt like there was no harm in doing so. The second jonarbuckle is actually my brother sharing the same ip as me, and he is the medic healing me in the second video
But you had NO TIME in your jonar name. Literally none, weren't you playing on that for hours?

• Agree
Reactions: Left 4 Zelda
Personally, I find myself at a crossroads here. I do want to believe that you are a good-hearted player who isn't using any third-party assistance, but there is quite a sum of evidence that displays that you may indeed be hacking.

First off, I do also have a demo geared towards you, and I'd like to present it here. Your aim in this demo was unnatural to my taste, as in it only went horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. Another term that may resonate better is clicky, like dominos that hit the ground the moment they are tapped; every action happened the exact millisecond after the next in a snapping manner. Never once did it sway or go at a skewed or messy angle. I might be wrong however, and it could just be those 600 hours of a true sniper.

In the same demo, you were tracking the Hale through the walls from time to time. It does show that there is a bit of a latency issue, but that might have been due to my own connection. The only thing I'm not sure about is if there was an outline on the Hale at the time.

Next, I'd like to point out in Gero's demo that when you were Hale, you spotted a sniper from almost all the way across Dustshowdown who was slightly behind a wall. The player count was still above 2, so there were no particle effects coming from him. At this time you were a lunging boss. Now I'm going to grasp at straws here, but during the same rage (Still as said lunging boss (Gabe Newell)), you circled back around to the back of the map to attack a scout, then did a quick spin into an area that I was tucked away in. I have no doubt that you did see me, but for someone who has about roughly 3 hours of playtime on the Panda specific edit of Dustshowdown, I was surprised at how well you knew exactly how to get into the spot I was in.

Something that more fits into this conversation if you get unbanned, but I thought I'd point it out, is that you were teaming with your friend when you were on your Hale round. So I'd advise that you don't favour him over other people on the server. Again, this paragraph is only for if you are unbanned, in no way should it change your current ban.

I do hope that you are as good-natured as you seem. And anyway, if you are innocent, you'll have bragging rights that you were mistakenly thought of as a hacker until days end.

On the second video at 2:30, I knew the hale was going to head down the hall so I was going to set up my shot expecting that was gonna happen. I changed my name usually at the beginning of the round, during a map change, or after round death.

Regarding all these demos, I will admit these really do depict me as a hacker. My mouse movement is very twitchy and as you said earlier Nim-os, it makes my crosshair go only horizontal, vertical, or diagonal; no curved shots of any kind. This is the same problem with spectator. Spectator is not a good tool in my opinion to tell if anyone is hacking. It can only tell so much- like the general shots that said person is making. It cannot tell if the hale is highlighted, which without that makes it look like im wallhacking. Regarding the Gaben round, I decided not to attack the other jonarbuckle because he's got his melee out and I can easily outrun him- there are more dangerous threats around in the map that I should be concerned with. Pretty much I don't consider this as teaming because in the end, Jon was dealing damage and I can kill whoever I want first or last. He was not a threat at all and that's why I left him. I mean, he was stripped to melee. He can't even rocket jump or shoot me. When I was atop the tower, I taunted because I couldn't find whoever was shooting me. That sniper revealed which general direction he was in when he shot me because when you get shot as hale, there's a red damage mark coming from the direction in which you got shot from. I activated my rage and headed towards that direction. After killing the sniper, I saw the scout as I turned around and faced the building. I know that you were tucked in that spot Nim for a few minutes, but I wanted to attack you along with anyone else I saw during my rage activation. I went back to where you were hiding and killed you because I had the rage duration to do that.

Anyway, if anyone else has questions for me, ill respond to those as well as I can and ASAP throughout the evening. I think we're at a stuck point right now.

Explain me how you aim right at hale while your where hiding behind a rock ?

Hale still had an outline around him. Demos don't show that.

Demos show outlines when there's an outline to be shown in my experience.
What settings were you guys using to review the demo? If you used glow_outline_effect_enable 0 to get rid of the spectator outline that also disables the outline drawn by snipers.
If you use glow_outline_effect_enable 1 and tf_spec_xray_disable 1 instead you will see that the boss in fact still had an outline on him.

Referring to tick 7800 on 4.dem provided by Geronimo.

As for the aim, all I could see is pre-aiming and nothing fishy. The second demo is a laggy mess and shouldn't be taken in consideration for any aim-hack related accusations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spam Goose
Since I know Bacon Plague I should say something. Once there was a steam community called [IRON] (deleted) and I used to play there all the time. Bacon was one of the players there, and from my experience, his is a very good sniper and just a good player. I was shocked to find him here on panda, but I do remember having fun playing with him. He has always acted like this for sniper, its just how he plays, and with "In your second video at 2:30 you're tracking through a wall without it showing their outline. But also, in those videos you weren't even doing as much damage as I saw you do at other times." -Zelda, I do the exact same thing. Predicting where they are going to go as sniper is a common thing, but I do find the 'jonarbuckle0' zero play time a odd thing (even though when you go to his profile, it says its his current name). Honestly, this feels like misery's ban all over again https://www.panda-community.com/threads/unfairly-banned.13993/ who was banned because the was suspected of being a hacker, yet was just very good. Unless you have definite proof that he is hacking (which is very unlikely) he should be unbanned. Thank you for your time,
- Spam Goose XIII

Thanks for your input, Goose. Same goes with everyone else on this thread. I have more recordings of my gameplay that I could possibly use as evidence against my ban, but I'm quite busy especially with finals and stuff coming up. I'd only upload these if really necessary, but I honestly believe that these videos that I've brought forth should be enough to support my case. Also, the reason why I do not have any time logged as the name "jonarbucke0" in the gameME logs, is because the server still recognized me as "The Mr. Funny Man" despite my name change. The steam name change was about an hour or two before my ban in which during that time the server logs was still recording me as "The Mr. Funny Man". In the meantime, is there anyone else who would like to put in their two cents on this?

EDIT: If there's anyone else who still doesn't believe me, we can get more eyes on this for the next few days.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I've been taking all of this into account & maybe I did make a mistake. I'll let a more experienced admin decide your fate if I must. You might just be very good at sniping & if I was wrong I do apologize. I still have this gut feeling that you were using some sort of tracker.
I may have made a noob admin mistake, only time will tell.
(Although I'm still suspicious about the name thing as well)

To be honest, I don't know now. You were just getting too many good shots and it really got my attention when I saw them. I definitely remember seeing the slight flickering when I was recording the demo.
And as Zelda said, this was not how you acted when I was watching. Something just really seemed off about it.

Oh and also I just realized this. When you watch his first video on dustshowdown at 7:20, it's a Spyper round. Spypers usually cloak a lot and I think he didn't try during that round to prevent being suspected. Now I know that just may seem like me trying to keep him banned by possibly lying, maybe he tried to get on the ledge. It's just for that round and that round only, on a long-cloaking boss, he decides to spend his time getting up on that ledge.
What settings were you guys using to review the demo? If you used glow_outline_effect_enable 0 to get rid of the spectator outline that also disables the outline drawn by snipers.
If you use glow_outline_effect_enable 1 and tf_spec_xray_disable 1 instead you will see that the boss in fact still had an outline on him.

Referring to tick 7800 on 4.dem provided by Geronimo.
I used the normal settings, might be my fault for this. Some shots to me were too good to even be hitting.

Anyways, if you weren't using any hack things I would like to say sorry. I can usually spot out a "hacker" when I see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread