Declined Azrael's US Trade Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrael

Username:
Azrael

Steam32 ID:
STEAM_0:0:60146874

Your age:
21 as of March 10th

Current playtime on relevant server(s):
3d 00:00:11

Link to your Sourcebans record
Bans (None recorded)
Comms (None recorded)

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
N/A

Server to are applying for:
US Trade

General online times & time zone:
AKDT (UTC−08:00), (subject to change, hopefully moving soon)
I am online anywhere between 11am-5/6pm (my time) on weekdays due to med school and work, however on weekends I am available whenever. I will reply to any DMs as soon as I am able.

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
(GMOD) SuperiorServers.co Moderator - 23 Months (Resigned)
(GMOD) SuperiorServers.co Admin - 4.5 Months (Resigned)
(TF2) Wolves Den Moderator - 13 months (Resigned)

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

Heya! I'm Azrael! I'm gonna start thing off with a little introduction as to who I am before moving into a few reasons why I believe I would make a good staff member. For those who don't know me, I mostly play US Trade, but I am more than willing to try out other servers! I mostly talk in voice chat, and I love to play around! When I first joined, my username was beep, and so my friends still mostly address me as that in game. With an awkward introduction out of the way, here's my application to become staff for panda!

Experience:
As you've probably noticed, I have years of experience staffing for gmod and TF2 servers. I take pride in how long I've dedicated to making communities better and helping out. Assuming my application is accepted, I will be more than happy to help out and use my experience whenever needed! I am very experienced in both ULX(GMOD), the bAdmin(GMOD) system, and SourceMod(TF2). When I became staff for the Wolves Den, I found the command dump containing every command and I found some cool funny ones to use to try and make the server more fun, like running votes to do forcertds, or bossfights.

My Objective:
My goal, as cheesy as it may sound, is to make this community a better place. There are many times when players break rules and get off with it scot free due to a lack of admins present or reports not being made. Regardless of the outcome of this app, I am going to continue playing, making calladmins, and attempting to alleviate the stress put on my peers. Above all, my goal is to help the playerbase feel more satisfied and have a more enjoyable experience by eliminating cheaters, racists, and other scummy people.

Attitude:
I don't have that many chat logs, as I mainly talk in voice chat. In my limited messages I have sent in text chat, I am never seriously toxic, only making small jabs at my friends, and try my best to help out whenever I see a question that I know the answer to. I am a friendly and easily approachable person and always willing to strike up a conversation, and I look forward to meeting more staff members if I get the rank.

Addressing some concerns:
While it may be true that I just barely meet the requirements for playtime, I can assure you that my activity will continue to grow and know that I am not inexperienced with the servers rules; I have read them multiple times but I am not afraid to ask questions whenever needed. My forums activity are also limited, however I have begun using them more often, and know that I do look at the forums quite often but rarely have anything to add to a thread/discussion that would require more than just a thumbs up or another reaction emoji. Just in case, I'll put some logs in here that may be concerning and explain the meaning behind them.

2022-03-17 22:31:23 no i just dont type the same speed as my body weight shitter.
This was a back and forth with my friend Kody, he and I were in a discord channel and were both laughing about it while we were going at each other.

2022-03-13 22:14:11 behold the fields of where I grow the fucks I give. gaze upon it and ye shall see that it is barren.
This is a funny quote I got from a tiktok, It's not meant to be rude, but it was just funny to me and I still have the bind.

2022-03-13 05:53:55 at least be on my team if you're gonna be fat.
was yelling at sparky, another good friend of mind, for being a nerd (at least I believe, might have been slightly different)

2022-03-11 00:38:08 shut up jfc.
dude was micspamming annoying garbage -_-

<3 Selling feet and thigh pics for 5 keys pure. saving for strange huntsman. Discord only <3.
I used this bind to meme with people, just honestly wanted to see how far it would go but never took it seriously.

2022-02-28 06:31:51 whos the furry on red?
I am also a furry, literally just wanted to know their name to friend them XD

2022-02-21 21:15:36 my favorite n words is nesquik.
2022-02-21 21:14:09 white powder.

Also me just messing around. I am half black and half thai and someone was saying these messages and similar in voice and I said these before realizing it was kind of dumb and I stopped.

2022-02-21 21:07:20 mge is for fatasses with inferiority complexes.
2022-02-21 20:52:08 cope seethe mald kiddo lick paint.

(top) me yelling at sparky for being an MGE lord.
(bottom) thought it sounded funny and I put it in chat and laughed directed at nobody.

2022-02-21 19:32:48 JEWS WORLDSW FAFORITE WRAPER!.
Just messing up the spelling of Juice Wrld, wasn't intended to be hateful

2022-02-21 02:53:49 ziq are you just gonna second scope all day like a bitch or are u gonna play.
Not gonna lie I got a little bit upset, but ziqqy and I are friends now and we still jab at each other like this.

My Punishment times would go as follows:

Comms:
Warn
Kick
Permanent mute.

Bans:
Warn
Kick
Permanent ban.

Sprays:
Warn
Warn
Slay
Kick
Spray ban

Objector:
Warn
Warn
Slay
Kick
Follow normal ban succession from here

Cheating is obviously a direct permanent ban.
Summary:
Coming to a bit of a closer here, I want to become staff to help make the server and community better. I am going to do this by using my extensive experience and attempt to act as more of a teacher and guide rather than jumping straight into a punishment like an executioner. Thank you for reading, please leave any and all feedback in the comments to I know what to improve on! <3
1371523449000-GAN-FLUFFY-COWS-061713-1306172246_16_9.jpg

While it may be true that I just barely meet the requirements for playtime, I can assure you that my activity will continue to grow and know that I am not inexperienced with the servers rules
ha ha

I'd like to point out that the applicant likes to idle for extended periods of time. Every. Single. Day.
I took the liberty of compiling a list of their suspected idle times based on hlstats event- and chatlogs. For this I counted dry periods (where no events are logged whatsoever) that are longer than 20 minutes. Since the applicant says they're communicating via the mic a lot and not using chat so much I also want to point out that I joined the game on several occasions to make sure they are indeed afk. Although I do believe certain dry periods which are longer than 30 minutes are fairly conclusive either way.
It's currently totaling to 55.25 hours spent idle.
I have attached the list with screenshot references as proof to the post.

Since hlstats doesn't track extremely long idle sessions however I'll be fair and substract the 13h session from the 7th of march. This still leaves 42,25 hours of idle time however.

Attachments

• azrael.zip
    995.2 KB · Views: 110
ha ha

I'd like to point out that the applicant likes to idle for extended periods of time. Every. Single. Day.
I took the liberty of compiling a list of their suspected idle times based on hlstats event- and chatlogs. For this I counted dry periods (where no events are logged whatsoever) that are longer than 20 minutes. Since the applicant says they're communicating via the mic a lot and not using chat so much I also want to point out that I joined the game on several occasions to make sure they are indeed afk. Although I do believe certain dry periods which are longer than 30 minutes are fairly conclusive either way.
It's currently totaling to 55.25 hours spent idle.
I have attached the list with screenshot references as proof to the post.
hey! I appreciate your comment!

I'd just like to say that for a majority of my time that you suspect that I was idling, I was most likely just alt tabbed, or eating food. While it is true that I left my computer on overnight, I frequently was kicked after 2-3 hours, sometimes even less. A large reason I sit on the server to help encourage more players to join, but in no way am I trying to fake my activity or anything like that.

Thank you again for your comment!

Let's see if I'll get shat on again...
Hello Azrael.

Before I get into the feedback, I just want to say that everything stated on this applicant was closely observed and considered. If I have missed anything, anyone is welcome to point it out. With that being said, here we go:

Azrael is a very friendly and active applicant. They have done their best to memorize our rules and policies as well as warning players if any one breaks them. They have never shown any sign of aggression, short temper, or any hostility of any kind. They are on nearly every day and have shown that they are eager to become an admin. Plus, they have cared to explain some of their messages in chat logs that most forum members may see as harmful or toxic. With me being on the server with them quite often, I can confirm Azrael has little to no toxicity in their character.

As for the application itself. It's neat, colorful. A little... too neat maybe x) it's a bit hard to read when it is all centered, but no harm done in that regard at all

Now, had all this been my only feedback, I would +1 for these easily.

However...

After careful analysis and consideration, I'm not sure if they are ready for the position yet and I believe it is too soon. I hate to admit it, but Zeprus' accusations aren't exactly unsupported. There is clear evidence that some form of them being AFK or inactive while logged on does exist. Now whether or not this was intentional hour farming is debatable. But in either circumstance, this is obviously a problem if someone intends to be admin. If they are AFK while logged on, and trouble begins to sprout, it leaves the players troubled and some even angry knowing that an admin is online, but not currently at their PC to do anything about it. There are possibly various other issues that could happen as well, but I won't bother digging too deep into that. Along with this however, applying the minute you reach the exact 3 day requirement is without a doubt concerning. It shows you are a bit too eager to get the position, maybe even rushing it?

Another issue I have is that you were point farming (30th of March 2022, near the end of the day). When I confronted you about this, you weren't aware it was a rule. You told me you did this because you saw someone else doing it. Now, in a way, this is believable as not many servers I am aware of have this as a rule. But, that tells me that you aren't exactly 100% aware of our rules either. Now this can be taken very lightly and probably just as an "oops yeah, ok I won't do it again" scenario. But this situation just tells me you haven't invested too much time into memorizing the rules, which is a big factor if you want to become an admin.

I want to conclude my feedback with this: Azrael shows tremendous promise and has great potential to become an admin one day. But right now, it is simply too soon. You may be friendly, active, and show a decent amount of care about your future position here, but the long AFK hours, point farming situations, and rush to submit your application just tell me that you still need much more work before you can be considered. If you ever get accepted, it's a big responsibility, not something that can be done so passively. You show absolutely no intention of sabotaging or being hostile towards Panda Community or its members (at least from what I have seen) and that's greatly appreciated, so please take my advice when I say that you should take this as a learning experience if you wish to apply again in the future. We'd be happy to give you another chance.

If my teammates have nothing else to add, I will kindly
Take care.

i agree with pretty much everything Zero said. Unfortunately I’m going to have to -1 as I really don’t have much else to add. I believe you have great intentions for the community and you’d be a great admin come a few months but I think this entire thing was rushed a little too fast.

• Friendly
Reactions: Azrael
With @thebishcrazy only recently coming back I don't expect him to have much to say on the applicant than just surface level.

Zeprus's insight really helped out identifying all of the inactivates. @Mikey had also mentioned they had seen them inactive for about 5-7 hours at one point.

ZeroPC pretty much summed up what we're all thinking. Regardless of your excuse, with the amount of hours you've been inactive, it's just unfair to even consider accepting at this stage when others build their sessions up by being active on the server.
We understand that, while trading on the trade server, admins are inactivity but only for a short period. 10 - 15 minutes. But anymore than that it's best to leave to avoid confusion of players and admins if an admin is covering said server they are afking on. Of course this was not your reason, but it's worth mentioning.

I think it's also been mentioned about the advertising on panda community selling images of your...thighs and feet is inappropriate.

But I've heard words of praise about you and maybe you'd be a more promising applicant in 1 month. By then you will have properly built your hours and sessions. You've also made us consider adding a clause to the admin template about this particular situation which is technically a plus!

With -2 and considering the circumstance I don't see this being accepted so I'm going to have to decline this. You may reapply in 1 month's time, which is the 4th of May 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread