Declined Appeal. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

SourceBans Ban URL: url=https://bans.panda-community.com/in...EAM_0:1:51455103&advType=steamid&Submit]Click me![/url]
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Ketteii.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:51455103
Date and Time of the Ban: 10-19-17 02:22
Reason about the Ban: Stealing.
Admin that Banned you: @Luigi123
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: A global community ban of 12 hours for 3 clicks' worth of Dodgeball stealing seems incredibly heavy-handed. Particularly when it was obviously on accident, and I'd already slain myself for the latter two instances - clearly not intentional, clearly not purposefully trying to ruin the game, clearly not trying to ruin the server. A global 12 hour ban? Maybe for that one specific server, but global? 12 hours? For someone clearly not trying to ruin the atmosphere?

Hi there,
You have stolen multiple rockets which you are not allowed to do so, however stealing multiple rockets that were an accident makes me curious on how you are always going to stand near the rocket and accidentally steal the rocket. That should not happen as you shouldn't be let's say in the middle of a firefight where the rocket is most likely to hit you. Also slaying yourself basically helps me with my job as you are punishing yourself for what you have done, and after 3 steals/slays, its going to be a ban which you have done in the server. The global ban is applied to all servers as that's how the Sourcebans works.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dandy
User wants to apply for admin, yet clearly doesn't understand the rules they will be required to enforce. I can vouch for Luigi's ban, because if he hadn't issued the ban, I would have.

• Informative
Reactions: Kevin
Hi there,
You have stolen multiple rockets which you are not allowed to do so, however stealing multiple rockets that were an accident makes me curious on how you are always going to stand near the rocket and accidentally steal the rocket. That should not happen as you shouldn't be let's say in the middle of a firefight where the rocket is most likely to hit you. Also slaying yourself basically helps me with my job as you are punishing yourself for what you have done, and after 3 steals/slays, its going to be a ban which you have done in the server. The global ban is applied to all servers as that's how the Sourcebans works.

If I were always going to stand near the rocket and steal it, then I'd have more than 3 steals, whether intentional or not. I also was not standing near the rocket always. If a player's playermodel movement is so crucial, then why not tell me not to stand near the rocket when I did? Why wasn't I warned? I distinctly recall in one instance going too near the rocket's path, and then being directly in the path of it. Instead of reflecting it, I let myself die from it - I had just been slain for stealing; again, clearly trying to keep that instinct to reflect in check. If I were always near it, and accidentally stealing it, then I'd have stolen it three times a hell of a lot sooner. If I were purposefully trying to ruin the atmosphere, it would have been over a lot quicker - not a 24 minute session, more like a 5 minute session.

If I shouldn't be in the middle of a firefight, then tell me not to do it. Have it be a server rule. I wasn't told that it isn't allowed. Particularly when rocket algorithms make the rocket go to the player in the back line. I should purposefully force rocket pathing to target me?

I slayed myself to portray my thoughts - I'm clearly not trying to harass players, I'm trying to help you with your duty of handling the server. Instead of allowing myself to be slain (as in the first instance, when I didn't remember that stealing isn't allowed at all) in all instances, I made it easier for you. Again, to show that I'm not trying to be difficult.

If it's "after 3 steals/slays," why was I banned on the third steal and not on the fourth? Why wasn't I warned that a ban would come up on the fourth instance, and just slain? Why was the ban increased to 24 hours?

User wants to apply for admin, yet clearly doesn't understand the rules they will be required to enforce. I can vouch for Luigi's ban, because if he hadn't issued the ban, I would have.

I'm applying for Jailbreak - not Dodgeball. I never claimed to understand Dodgeball rules that I'd be required to enforce - particularly since I wouldn't be required to enforce them, as I'd be on Jailbreak, not Dodgeball.

"Why wasn't I warned?" Being slayed is the warning, if being killed abruptly three times before the end of the round is not a hint I don't know what is. You are also encourged to read the rules, which is displayed regularly in the chat last I checked.
Why you were banned is in regard to how many players are dealt with on a daily basis who are exactly like you. You break the rules, you deal with the consequences.
If you can't handle missing out on panda servers for twelve hours then that's just too bad. It's your own fault, and should serve as a reminder to play by the rules in the future.
I was also unaware what server you were applying for, because you mentioned it on the dodgeball server, I made an assumption.

Deny and move on.

• Dislike
Reactions: Dandy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread