Any ORAS Emulators out there? (1 Viewer)

EvoWarrior5

Contributor
Title. Are there any PC emulators for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire? Been wanting to play those games for ages but I don't have a 3DS and no easy access to borrowing one.

I remember from a few years ago when I tried emulators for other games like Crystal and Emerald that it was quite the jungle to find operable and trustworthy emulators and games, so I thought I'd ask here if anyone happens to have used a good one before going out there myself.

I downloaded Citra and a ROM from portalroms but all I get is an error about shared fonts. No clue how to fix that, it keeps implying I need a physical 3DS which I... don't, since that's why I'm trying to emulate it.

I've a jailbroken 3DS laying around, if you can't get it to work somehow I could lend you mine and install Pokemon for you

Wait, just get a Pokemon R/S/E rom and the VisualBoyAdvanced Emulator. The originals are always better.

you also get the gen 3 trumpets

• Dislike
Reactions: Vecomti
I downloaded Citra and a ROM from portalroms but all I get is an error about shared fonts. No clue how to fix that, it keeps implying I need a physical 3DS which I... don't, since that's why I'm trying to emulate it.
I have no clue how to fix that. Are you sure you downloaded the decrypted for citra emulator version?

Wait, just get a Pokemon R/S/E rom and the VisualBoyAdvanced Emulator. The originals are always better.

I love Ruby and Sapphire, as well as Gen 3 more than anything in this world, but OR/AS is much better than Ruby and Sapphire. The originals lacks an endgame.

Reactions: Brick

I mean, replaying the gen 3 games is nostalgic and all, but the ORAS is made to be nostalgic and improved with all the new technology there is. plus the original was a bit short, and now you have tons of post-game story and things to do.

I've a jailbroken 3DS laying around, if you can't get it to work somehow I could lend you mine and install Pokemon for you

Appreciate the offer. How would this work exactly?

Yea I did. I also downloaded an alternate version both of the programme and the game but now I just get this:

https://gyazo.com/f48a18007bc66603218fac86d556f000

And that repeatedly forever
shared_font.bin is a file that is required to run some 3DS games. The only legal way to obtain it is by dumping it from your 3DS. It's copyrighted and therefore sharing it isn't legal. You can probably find a torrent or something similar on the internet to download the file and use it with your emulator. Alternatively since @Raion offered his help maybe he could dump and upload the file for you?

shared_font.bin is a file that is required to run some 3DS games. The only legal way to obtain it is by dumping it from your 3DS. It's copyrighted and therefore sharing it isn't legal. You can probably find a torrent or something similar on the internet to download the file and use it with your emulator. Alternatively since @Raion offered his help maybe he could dump and upload the file for you?

I followed a guide that gave me a download for that file. I may not have put it in the correct location, so I guess I will try that.

EDIT: both of the ROMs I downloaded work now, awesome!

Now just to figure out where to go to set it to English lmao. Can't read this Japanese. (edit 2: got it to English. Thanks everyone who helped!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread