Completed Another JB Rule Rework (1 Viewer)

Make this change?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambi

Donator
"The Warden has to give strict orders what Prisoners can follow.
The Warden's orders has to clear so the Prisoners won't get confused on what the do.
If the Warden orders Prisoners to enter a Minigame the Warden has to give strict orders to the Prisoners if they can start it or where the Prisoners have to stand, if this isn't the case Prisoners are free to start the Minigame or stand where they want. Warden must specify the rules of the minigame before starting the, if no rules are specified, none can be made unless they are to prevent delaying. For example: Warden cannot say "first to finish gets LR" after any prisoners have begun the minigame."

I'm mainly referring to the 2nd half of this. It needs a small rework because it affects other games like sweeper, fall game, and crush game for example in a bad way. Not to mention, an argument could be made for how saying "first to finish gets lr" is an order to prevent delay but I digress. Anyways, it affects these other minigames by for example in sweeper warden cannot say "jump from player podium to player podium" after the game started, which wardens will do 9 times out of 10 anyways. Another example is warden decides he doesn't want reds crouching in crush game or wants reds to not jump in fall game anymore which again, most wardens will have a tendency to say after the game already started. I'm also quite sure in these situations, other people including me do not mind a warden adding extra rules in the middle of a minigame. Someone will probably make the argument that "jumping player podium to player podium" "no crouching" ect is preventing delay. sure I get that, but so is saying "first to finish gets lr" and even "no cheating."

So lets change the original to
The Warden has to give strict orders what Prisoners can follow.
The Warden's orders has to clear so the Prisoners won't get confused on what the do.
If the Warden orders Prisoners to enter a Minigame the Warden has to give strict orders to the Prisoners if they can start it or where the Prisoners have to stand, if this isn't the case Prisoners are free to start the Minigame or stand where they want. The Warden is allowed to state rules after the minigame has started. However, the Warden cannot state rules that are unfair for some reds. For example, saying "first to finish gets lr" after telling the reds to start (at basically their own pace) or saying "no cheating" when a red already cheated and would otherwise die (fall game in ba_space_jail).

Maybe I missed something, which is why I made this a suggestion for someone to possibly point out. Let me know what you guys think.

I think the fact that more rules can be stated after the game has started could be considered favoritism if reds had died before the rules were stated. I also think being on BLU is a privilege, not a right, and if BLUs can't handle stating rules before the minigames have started, and can't handle not changing them in the middle of the game, then those BLUs shouldn't be on BLU. that's all i had

• Disagree
Reactions: vinny
Some people seem to be confused about this topic as far as I understand what bambi is pointing out is at the moment many players will give orders to prevent delaying or make a minigame more fun (example: switch podiums at sweeper etc.), apparently, that is not allowed which is indeed surprising because most people think that is allowed to do but the rules say otherwise something that many people have ignored this suggestion will not change anything, it will only change the "look" of the rules.

I remember when you could do whatever the fuck when the game already started :pepe:
When can we change the rules regarding DR's though?
other than that yea I think its a fair rule change, since most people dont really follow that rule 3/4 of the time

I'm not a big fan of the change of warden being allowed to change rules after. Essentially, it prevents cheating from ever happening (which could lead to favoritism in who is allowed to cheat and when) and makes it easier for wardens to maintain control while harder for the reds for rebel/ make their lives easier. I think the better rework would be on what counts as a delay prevention. For example on sweeper, if everyone is jumping fine then you can add spinning or for crush game adding collisions and the like. I feel that is more problematic than not being able to change rules mid game.

A good enough majority of people seem to want this.

Ill go ahead and mark this as started, and look to implementing it in the rules as soon as everything else is sorted possibly by this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread