Declined Another admin app - Brick (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick

- Your name and/or nickname

David, or Brick

- Your age

17 (turning 18 in may)

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

Kevin gave me permission to apply again after my first admin application was deemed invalid

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_1:0:100269533

- Your general online times and your timezone

I'm usually online between 16:00 -21:00, maybe more or less in the weekends, and i live in UCT

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I would like to apply for #01 duel, but I also play on the Hightower servers and Smash bros, (although not that often)

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes, I do

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I have been a moderator on discord, and applied once before for the same server, I also applied for admin on a non-panda-community server was but was rejected because of my age

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

No, but I have looked over the command list a few times, and memorized the needed commands

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I feel like I have got what it takes to be an admin because I want a server to be a friendly place where the rules are always followed. I know how to keep a level head and see both sides of the story, and feel like I am mature enough to appropriatly handle these situations. I have a lot of friends on the server which I get along with just fine, but people always make mistakes, and it is the job of an admin to point these out, so they don’t ruin the fun of other players joining the server. The duel server has specific rules that don’t always get followed by new players, because they are legal and normal in other servers, I think it is important to point these rules out to beginning players, and feel like this isn’t done enough, because not following the rules will result in a ban, I want the new players to get accustomed to the rules and have fun time too, so that they may stay a little longer, and join the server again. That is why I made my punishment of duel-specific rules to be more lenient towards newer players. These players also face a lot of animosity when not following the rules by other players, and I feel like that can scare them off too, so i want to keep an eye to the other side too. I wont deny that I made some of these mistakes too, but It was pointed out by an admin and everything was allright after that. I also really enjoy playing on this server, and want to make it a better, more pleasant place for everyone.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

-Hacking // Permaban
(because hacking is unacceptable and ruins the fun for everyone.)

-Swearing/harassing other people // warning > 2 hour mute/gag > 12 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 3 day mute/gag > 7 day mute/gag > permamute/gag
(I don’t really mind swearing, as long as it is not directed at someone, and serious)

-Racism
warning > 6 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 3 day ban > 7 day ban > permaban
(I have chosen for a stricter approach to rasicm as to general swearing/harrassment, because it is a worse thing and therefore should be punished harder)

-Chat/Voicespamming // 2 hour mute/gag > 12 hour mute/gag> 1 day mute/gag > 3 day mute/gag > 7day mute/gag > permanent mute/gag

-Duel specific rules // warning > 1-3 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 3 day ban > 7 day ban > permaban
(I added the 1-3 hour ban because of the new players I mentioned, but if you are a regular or visited the server at least once before, which I can check using gameme, you can count on the full punisment.)

-!call abuse // 2 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 3 day ban > 7 day ban > permaban
(!call abuse can be quite annoying and remove the severity of using the command so that has to be punished too.)

Still don't understand what was messed up about my admin app, but i hope this fixed it :)

Last edited:
Application looks good this time and is proper, not too kind and not too harsh punishments.
You're a bit inactive at the moment, if you could at least connect and play for a hour a day it would be good.
+1 for now on.

Reactions: Brick
Sadly i can’t come online for the next week or so because we are renovating and redecorating my room, after that i will continue to play tf2 normally.

• Agree
Reactions: Arrow
Evert said:
There's two things I feel like I'm missing in you:
  • Some effort applying rules on the server (by reminding etc..) and reporting rule breakers as a non-admin.
  • A general adult approach to things. You sometimes start complaining about game mechanics and that's not very suiting for an admin. (at least imo)

You changed your app and I consider the second point I made in your previous app to be completed. However, I still haven't seen a single report from you on the forums.
I won't vote against your app because it's only one point you haven't changed but I won't vote in favor either because I think it's important. That's why I'll stay neutral

Putting aside the lack of playtime since the 1st May, I agree with Evert about your behavior. And a few more rules remaining won't hurt, same for reports. Your application looks good enough, your punishements too. I would warn twice tought, specially for first infraction, and couple that with a slay. Anyway, for what i know for now, i'll stay neutral, waiting for you to improve yourself (and come back too :eek:)

What Evert said about reports is true in my point of view. I don't have that much to say because everyone else said the points that were made, other that I will also stay neutral.

Reactions: Arrow
Applicant told me that his laptop broke, its already in repair but he does not know how long it will take for it to be repaird.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: Bass and BlackY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread