Accepted Anon's Staff Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

An0n

Username

Anon (although I go by AnOwOn on the forums because Anon was taken)

Steam32 ID

I'm 18, born 6th October 2002

Playtime on relevant servers

As of writing this staff application:
- Server #09 // Deathrun ~ 4d 20:25:30h
- Server #16 // 2Fort ~ 3d 01:56:10h

Sourcebans record

Bans and Comms - None recorded.

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?

Not entirely relevant but I did check in with Waxel in the past (because I was not entirely confident in applying) and he clarified it for me as well as confirming I would be suitable to apply.

Servers I am applying for

I am applying for both server #09 (Deathrun) and #16 (2Fort). I am pretty active on both of them and will be willing to be active on other servers if needed be it.

General online times & time zone

During weekdays, I am available between 7:30 and 13:00 (GMT) and late at night - between 21:30 and 00:00 (GMT); and during weekends, I am available all day long. I live in Madrid, Spain, so my timezone is GMT +1.

Do you have a working microphone?

I do have a pretty good quality microphone, yet don't use it when I play. However, I will use it if needed be. I just prefer to use the text chat since that gets recorded in chatlogs.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I have quite some previous experience as an administrator:
- I was a senior administrator for a now-defunct Spanish TTT GMod server for a few months.
- I was a community manager for a now-defunct English DarkRP GMod server for almost a year.
- I currently am a moderator in a Spanish Discord server.

I can manage myself with SourceMod and have a lot of experience with it. Nonetheless, I will have to revise some of the commands, for it has been over a year since I last used it.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

I am a pretty suitable candidate for the fact that not only do I have a fair amount of previous experience on gameservers which helps with the knowledge of SourceMod commands, as well as Discord servers which help with the community aspect of moderation; but also I consider myself to be a valuable candidate for the fact that I am available when many current staff members are not around, so I would be able to fill up that time slot. Furthermore, I try to be as involved as possible with the community on both the forums and the Discord servers, which I think is really important when looking for a new staff member.

As a more personal approach, though, I would love to help the Panda Community out as much as I can, and volunteering to be an admin here would let me do so in a more extensive manner. Not only that but I have some memories I am pretty fond of when it comes to server moderation, and I would love to create some more here.

How I'd handle punishments

Judging by the most frequent rule infractions, as the ongoing and archived player reports reveal alongside personal experience, I will expose some cases below briefly glossing over my course of action if the rule-breaker was a repeat-offender or they continued to break the rules whilst ignoring previous punishments:
  • Chatspam/Micspam: Verbal warning // 2 hour mute/gag // 12 hour mute/gag // 24 hour mute/gag // Permanent mute/gag
  • Delaying the round (intentionally): Verbal warning // Slap player multiple times // Slay player // Kick // 12 hour server ban
  • Exploiting: Verbal warning // Slay player // 24 hour server ban // 1 week server ban
  • Hate speech/slurs: Verbal warning // 24 hour mute/gag // Permanent mute/gag
  • Inappropriate personal content: Verbal warning // Kick // Spray/Objector ban
  • Cheating (if it is blatant): Record a demo to attach to a permanent ban
In this last case, if it was suspicious but not able to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, I would share the footage with my fellow staff team members and collectively decide on a proper outcome.

And that's all!
I would like to thank everyone who encouraged me to apply in the first place and also you for your time and patience to read through my application! ❤️

The correct Steam ID in your case would be STEAM_0:1:82077363 but it's fine

Over 2fort there's not much to say, he's active everyday and enforces the rules most of the times, he's also chill so here's that.
The punishment stackings can be fixed as per usual, as we usually punish 5 times before a permanent gets applied in almost all the cases - an example would be 12 Hours → 1 Day → 3 Days → 1 Week → 1 Month → Permament though it may differs from bans depending on the situation

Overall i'd say a +1 is good here for 2Fort

Yo
Il go over the app as best i can
On first glance it looks pretty decent having some knowledge of the scourcemod is a good base so you can get familiar more quickly with the commands we use here.
Discord modding i think does not add much but still. Punishment wise it looks good but like Waxel said might start off a bit higher like 12hours since otherwise it wil stack too quickly every admin has his way of punishing which will be taught of course.
Lastly i know you applied for 2 servers dont get me wrong its nice to see you motivated
but starting off with 1 server you play mainly on would be a good base to start off learning and after some time taking on another if you want since every server has its own set of rules.
Hope i explaines it a bit good and hope to see you around on the servers ^^
il stay neutral for deathrun for now

Reactions: An0n
Punishment wise it looks good but like Waxel said might start off a bit higher like 12hours since otherwise it wil stack too quickly every admin has his way of punishing which will be taught of course.
As for the punishments, I defined them based on the punishments I used on the DarkRP server. I am pretty conscious that they will vary, so I am willing to learn the right lengths and intensity of the punishments related to the infractions.

Lastly i know you applied for 2 servers dont get me wrong its nice to see you motivated but starting off with 1 server you play mainly on would be a good base to start off learning and after some time taking on another if you want since every server has its own set of rules.
When it comes to multi-server moderation, it is not much of a problem for me since I had to switch between many servers when I was a Community Manager. However, I understand the point you are trying to make here.

Thank you tons for the feedback and see you around ❤️

Hi hi,

Not much to add from me, the punishment has been mentioned by Wamxel and steam ID too (also by me on your report lul). Your chatlog is ok and you warn rulebreakers plus make plenty of reports. Session are also good. I also don't think it'll be a problem for you to administrate both 2fort and deathrun. If you'll have any doubts or will be unsure about something you can just ask me about deathrun or Waxel about 2fort.

+1 from me for deathrun ^^

Gl gl

Reactions: Nowtoad and An0n
Hello Anon thanks for applying,

Your application is excellent since you already described it in detail how you would handle certain situations, you're also already familiar with Sourcemod with your past experience so that also is advantageous regarding your application. You are quite an active player which is reflected in your sessions and chatlog.

Now my only concern would be that you applied for 2 rather active servers which would be normally tied with a lot of work, starting as a trial it can be overwhelming at first.
Though mentioned in an earlier post from Solar where he had the same doubt you replied that you were used to administrating multiple servers so I will keep it in mind.

For me its going to be a +1 for 2Fort.

• Informative
Reactions: Ian, An0n and Zee
I believe that is everyone apart from Stabbin has given their vote and feedback so I'll close this up for under review.

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

• Friendly
Reactions: Jiji and An0n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread