Declined Allow hitting baiters [Jailbreak] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strawman

It was never implied that it would fix everything anywhere in either statement. Gold made an argument against adding the rule because it won't change much and reporting is more productive than whacking blues getting too close. Nor did gold say "call an admin if they bait and that's the end of it" because he literally said if we can't get on, just report it and it'll go through a little later. You forced an argument that wasn't made because it is easier to rebut.

"baiters can more easily get away with baiting when admins aren't present because reds can't punish baiters by hitting them without being killed for rebelling." Means that baiting will happen and go unpunished, meaning that baiters will bait more and thus increase the amount of baiting that happens. That's the logical conclusion of the argument, it's pointless to say you didn't make the argument when you did.

I get where you're coming from and it might improve gameplay when we aren't on, but I don't think the added confusion will be worth it. It is a huge change in the ethos of the server and would create confusion for a while even for admins on how we track the game, rebellers, and baiters. As it is, one of the things that differentiates Panda from other servers (outside of crits) is the clarity around rebelling and not hitting baiters helps with that.
I completely understand your reasoning to leave things as it should be, but I feel like it's good to show the other side of the argument that most of you fail to see, being that Jailbreak functions best when there isn't a constant dependence for staff to join the server, and guards will be less likely to bait if it means they are possibly getting killed for it without penalty for reds. Baiting isn't going to go "unpunished," you can still report players for baiting, and you can still call an admin for guards who bait, the fact that reds can hit baiting guards without being KOS has nothing to do with that statistic.

Either way, I don't feel like the restriction needs to be changed, it's fine how it is. And I agree 100% on how it will cause more confusion to the server especially since the rules have always been consistent here.

But man, I have to say that Gold came at me in what I find to be a passive aggressive way that was completely unnecessary.
You can't play the card "but so much baiting happens when admins aren't on!!!" when so much other stuff happens and I don't see anything being done.
I don't understand how you can word your argument like this and think you don't sound like a child when saying it, or try to make me sound like a child when I'm simply stating what most of this community doesn't see as they don't play on different communities as often as I do. If you are going to treat my statement in this fashion, then at least expect for me to come back in a similar manner.

• Agree
Reactions: Random Coffee Table
I completely understand your reasoning to leave things as it should be, but I feel like it's good to show the other side of the argument that most of you fail to see, being that Jailbreak functions best when there isn't a constant dependence for staff to join the server, and guards will be less likely to bait if it means they are possibly getting killed for it without penalty for reds. Baiting isn't going to go "unpunished," you can still report players for baiting, and you can still call an admin for guards who bait, the fact that reds can hit baiting guards without being KOS has nothing to do with that statistic.

Either way, I don't feel like the restriction needs to be changed, it's fine how it is. And I agree 100% on how it will cause more confusion to the server especially since the rules have always been consistent here.

But man, I have to say that Gold came at me in what I find to be a passive aggressive way that was completely unnecessary.

I don't understand how you can word your argument like this and think you don't sound like a child when saying it, or try to make me sound like a child when I'm simply stating what most of this community doesn't see as they don't play on different communities as often as I do. If you are going to treat my statement in this fashion, then at least expect for me to come back in a similar manner.
Yeah Gold's response was a bit unprofessional. My qualm was more with the strawman of his statement and arguing that you didn't say something when you did because those just lead to indecipherable loops of logical fallacy. Your initial statement in general was fine as it brought more nuance to the discussion and giving different view points and I apologize on not making that clearer.

Reactions: iamhuman
In my experience with CS:S jb servers, allowing hitting of baiters makes it easier to nitpick stuff, and relating to server autonamy, I think it's always best to have an admin deal with it rather than the players themselves do it.

just report them?!?

Im sure @Kazzy remembers the man who thought baiting doesn't count if your taunting with reds or checking out their unusuals who i kept beating to a bloody pulp :)
though im used to other servers (since panda is the special snowflake lol) I know ill be KOS for killing baiters, if i know i can kill them, I'll do it :spy1:

• Scared
Reactions: Kazzy
As it is, one of the things that differentiates Panda from other servers (outside of crits) is the clarity around rebelling and not hitting baiters helps with that.
Panda jailbreak really has embraced the "Minigames" part of jailbreak by making the other half of the gamemode, rebelling, virtually impossible unless you're playing against potatoes

Panda jailbreak really has embraced the "Minigames" part of jailbreak by making the other half of the gamemode, rebelling, virtually impossible unless you're playing against potatoes
and easier to MFK, don't forget that

Reactions: Vecomti
Or, perhaps, you need to improve. Besides, it makes rebelling more rewarding imo.

Yeah but if you allow hitting baiters it’ll just end up in an argument wether a red rightfully hit a baiter or if they’re actually just rebelling
The point of suggestions is to hopefully improve the server we are making the suggestion on. Asking to play on a different community is counterintuitive.

Yeah but if you allow hitting baiters it’ll just end up in an argument wether a red rightfully hit a baiter or if they’re actually just rebelling
I mean, its pretty easy to tell. if they need to go out of their way of what's required to hit him, its rebelling/forcebaiting. if they are staying within the boundaries of the main group or standing still and hitting a baiter, its not rebelling. plain and simple.

Technically you’re right but most of the time the blus are indeed potato brained 8 y.os

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread