AFK Manager (1 Viewer)

RIS`

It's completely useless.

The main point of an AFK manager is to free up slots/space on a server so other people can join the server. The only thing this one does is transfer the players to spectate which does not make a difference. People still can't join the server.
Why not get one that actually kicks the player from the server? It's more useful.

Also, 30 seconds is way too short a time period. 15 in spawn is ridiculous. alt+tabbing to respond to a quick message gets you transferred to spectate.
IMO, should be 15 seconds to wait, and start giving the message for 45 seconds. for inside spawn and 15 seconds to wait and start giving the message 60ish~ for outside spawn.

Thank you.

I agree. 1-2 minutes of being AFK should lead to being put into spectator, while being AFK for ~5min will kick you from the server (at least for 2fort). Tried to ask Kevin about it before, but I got no answer.

• Agree
Reactions: mosteraz and RIS`
Abit off-topic
How about donators? i know they have AFM manager protection thingie, but what we do with donators, who are like over 1 hours afk? Do we have permission to kick them or not? I think it's good to give AFK manager thingie to donators too, but AFK length will be longer, like 20-30 min.

• Agree
Reactions: Zeprus
What Ka said is better than what I suggested. Transferring them before kicking is better and less-harsh imo.

Donator or not, an AFK has to be kicked from the server if he is, as every single "normal" player, imo.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/how-to-donate-to-panda-community.348/ :
Terms: "...Your perks can be removed any time if you break rules or something else.
Being a donator still means you have to follow rules...When you donate you accept automaticlly the Terms."

They're still taking a free slot, plus their "Reserved Slot Access" perk makes it easier for them to join back a server, so we should not hesitate kicking them.

I agree. 1-2 minutes of being AFK should lead to being put into spectator, while being AFK for ~5min will kick you from the server (at least for 2fort).

Entirely agree.

Reactions: RIS`
i will later on set the move timer higher and then everything should be fine

Reactions: Clic Clic Boom
i will later on set the move timer higher and then everything should be fine

The main issue isn't the short time of the player being moved into spectator. The AFK manager should free up a slot on the server, not on the team.

Users who are viewing this thread