Admins. They're extremely slow, or just completely nonexistent. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ᴀᴠɪᴏ.

So I'm on the dustbowl server and some absolute quality player joins, alongside an unbelievable spam of LMAOBOX in the chat. I call an admin, three times and there is absolutely nobody coming. I spent about 30-40 minutes upon which realising his aimbot was absolute crap and he wasn't too difficult to actually kill so that's nice, but it still annoys me that nobody responded to the three calls I sent to try to get rid of him.

• Informative
Reactions: Wolf and Vecomti
Admins have a life outside administrating to. Most members seem to not understand that.

If a admin doesn't come what you do is go to console do "Record Hacker" then you'll be making a demo. Once it's finished you come to the forums to the report section and report the player and add the demo.

Then a admin can look at the demo and after seeing the person using hacks, the admin will then give a punishment to the player and the report will be closed.

To be fair, he is right. Currently Dustbowl officially has no staff assigned so I am not sure if anyone is even receiving the calls.

I guess it makes sense that no one comes then, still making a report wouldn't hurt anyone.

I find the demos work well as I report players quite often and they get hammered regularly. But I also play in USA DB and the admins respond very quickly. I hope you get an admin assigned soon.
Good Luck.

Just wanted to mention this. Do bare in mind that admins do have heir own live's like school and maybe a family ect.

But other than that I do agree with your point I just wanted to mention it.
Good luck.

Just wanted to mention this. Do bare in mind that admins do have heir own live's like school and maybe a family ect.

But other than that I do agree with your point I just wanted to mention it.
Good luck.
If you had read the thread, you would notice that the server he plays on does not even have an admin assigned to it, which is the real issue and renders your point moot.

Reactions: Persi
To follow up on what has been said, I also feel like in general the "admins have lives" thing has become quite overused. It has become pretty much a stock phrase which 2 or 3 people use whenever somebody addressed an issue. Sure, it is true, and a lot of players don't realise it, but it shouldn't be thrown around every time someone says "X server does not have enough administration in general". More suitable responses could be "[player who made the complaint] likes to play during hours when most people are in school, therefore there are structural issues in assigning admins during those times"; or "X server has not had many (good) applicants and the admins for other servers are busy with their own servers whenever they spend time administrating".

There shouldn't be any shame in addressing a general lack of administration on a particular server, and I feel like there are far better responses than the obvious "we have a life". This only works if the server is generally well-administrated and only has gaps which are difficult to avoid.

Again, I know that inu has already addressed this; I thought it'd be helpful to put it in other words, as I see this being said so many times.

I see often admins this is beautiful.
The Problem is nobody of them can play or ban/kick/mute the right persons.
Today I played again on the panda dodgeball server, sadly.
TBotV63 This Admin killed me because of stealing. It´s the 3th time in 3 months that I was killed, kicked or muted. Only because I was near the rocket? Kidding me? I was not stealing only tacitly standing.
The next thing is nobody of this admins is able to tell me, where I can contact the technical admin/ owner. No Game sense no informations about the Server what is this? Is it possible to hire some better admins? Some admins which are able to reply to such questions?

I see often admins this is beautiful.
The Problem is nobody of them can play or ban/kick/mute the right persons.
Today I played again on the panda dodgeball server, sadly.
TBotV63 This Admin killed me because of stealing. It´s the 3th time in 3 months that I was killed, kicked or muted. Only because I was near the rocket? Kidding me? I was not stealing only tacitly standing.
The next thing is nobody of this admins is able to tell me, where I can contact the technical admin/ owner. No Game sense no informations about the Server what is this? Is it possible to hire some better admins? Some admins which are able to reply to such questions?

Stick to your thread.
"Technical admin" is @Kevin, as they already told you and you could have checked it out yourself (but why though right).

• Agree
Reactions: Capp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread