Accepted Administrator Application for Deathrun #09 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ciri

- Your name and/or nickname
Ranger Ciri, I usually go by Ciri.

- Your age

- Your Steam32 ID
STEAM_1:0:49030523

- Your general online times and your timezone
UTC +02:00

I'm online just about everyday, I'll manage to come on and take care of stuff for a bit if needed, aslong as I'm online.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I can mostly be found on both Jailbreak and Deathrun, sometimes I like to pay visits to other servers like dodgeball. I'm only applying for Deathrun #9 however, I could also head over to the other Deathrun (#22) if any calls need to be handled.

- Do you have a microphone?
Yes box.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I once had my own server in ex-admin Wolf's community for a while.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Somewhat, I knew a thing or two about the commands but I still have quite a bit to learn.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I feel like I'd fit in pretty good with the deathrun team, I'm on the server very frequently. There's been countless occasions where a rule breaker is on and I have to go bug the admins to take care of it, especially @Adoruby .

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

(Note that every punishment will increase by dubble if repeated).

Insulting:
Depending on whether the insult was meant to upset one another, joke around from friend to friend, if it crossed the line or if it was just microaggression. I'll try to give out warnings to people to watch their language time to time if I feel like it's necessary. If it crosses the line I'll mute/gag (depending whether it was in voicechat or not) the person for 3 hours.

Racism:
I won't be giving out warnings when it comes to racism because it's fairly obvious that it's not okay and definitely against the rules, I'll gag/mute the player for 6 hours at first and if it happens again I'll punish the player for 24 hours. Some jokes are acceptable like stereotypes aslong as it's not too offensive. I'd warn the player to never do anything like it if crosses the line.

Skipping traps:
I'd try to give out a clear warning to whoever skips any traps, if I catch the player doing it again I'd slay him and then ban him/her for 3 hours, if I catch them doing it again. After the first punishment, I won't give out any more warnings but instead punish the person right away.

Favouring:
I don't think people would continue to favour if I explain to them what it is and tell them to not do it again, if I actually catch them again I'll ban them for 3 hours. It shouldn't be that hard to forget that rule.

Delaying:
If the person is afk, I'll slay them for the round. If the person isn't back by next round I'll kick them. If a person purposely delays I'll only give out one warning before the ban. The first punishment for delaying will start at 3 hours.

Spamming:
If a person is mic spamming music I will mute him/her for 3 hours right away with no warning needed, if a person is making sounds like burping or singing for fun I'd give a warning that it should probably stop. Different amount of warnings depending on how bad it is, example if someone's coughing or something that happens regularly. I'll mute the person if it badly needs to stop.

For chat spam it can depend on whether it's the same thing continuously going on or if it's simply flooding, if someone is typing something over and over again without some time apart, I'll give out a warning. Same goes for flooding, but I'll skip the warning in some occasions if it's on purpose for example. Both punishments will start at 3 hours.

Ghosting:

I'd try to give out a couple of warnings to whoever ghosts because this rule is often hard to remember or to even notice that you broke it. If it gets out of hand, I'll gag/mute the player for an hour.

Hacking of any type:
I don't think it would be very urgent to get the person banned immeditely because hacking on deathrun isn't a very big threat so I would first try to get it on video (I could also play back the last 8 minutes so it shouldn't be too hard) and then either verify it with my mentor if the person was hacking and let them do the job, or talk to some full admin that would be able to tell if it's a legitimate hack or not.

Advertising:
A warning depending on what the advertisement is about. I'll accept stuff like example people advertising their twitch, or maybe that their making SFM posters. If they advertise or encourage others to join a different community I'd just mute/gag the person right away because it's kinda obvious that it's not allowed.

Foreign Language:
I'd give a couple of warnings to anyone speaking another language hoping they understand and stop. If they stop for a while and continue on after a while I'd mute/gag the person for 3 hours.

Thank you for your time and for reading this.
-Ranger Ciri

Well, to be honest, the amount of comms and bans is jarring... But the last valid ban was almost two years ago. However, the mutes are plenty and somewhat recent, 4 months old being the latest valid one. However, seeing you since then makes me honestly think that you've learned from all of it.
You have a good understanding of general and deathrun rules, and a good policy for punishments.
Although I feel the need to mention that with 5 certainly valid comm bans, the next one will certainly be your last, I also believe that you won't end up with that.
In conclusion... I think there is a good possibility that you'd make a great admin, despite the past. I'll give a +1.

Hi ciri,nice to see you deciding to apply, application seems ok ,punishment lengths are not good nor bad but i suggest just to higher them a bit anyway , Ghosting would be better if it is a ban not a gag/mute.Anyway you would be perfect as an admin and you are active so i will give a +1 good luck!

Heyo Ciri, thanks for applying for deathrun. I do agree with Ruby on the comms and bans but as these are older and you have learned from your rule breaks. After your change of behaviour for the better, you haven't been causing any trouble lately and that is shown on your ban/comm block record. As for the insulting and stuff goes, I have seen you make changes on that also, and are less insulting than before. You also shout out some rules to players who delay, don't speak English etc.

Sadly I have to be an admin before I am a friend in this scenario and have to say there is still more progress to be made for you to be an admin. You may still have a ways to go for those things but improvement is being made regardless. In this case I really can't decide on the matter, and will give a Neutral for now (subject to change though, in the future).

(PS I apologise as making a neutral vote is frowned upon, but I will likely change it in the next week or so anyway).

Good luck man.

Reactions: Zeprus and Frosty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread