Admin prefix (1 Viewer)

Botar230

Hi. Today I got banned for a few hours, and I agree with that, for call admin abuse. But admin that was on server didn't had prefix [Admin] and he had different nickname, so I didn't knew that there's an admin on this server already.

I made it quite clear to not use the call TWICE when you typed !call. You followed through with the call despite this, and the admin that banned you was also using his mic, exposing regular players AKA you to the fact that he was also connected.

I didn't used the call twice. I only used it one time, and I used it second time but on other map (vsh_dr_office) so I didn't used this twice on one map -.-

You misread what I typed. I made it clear to you twice to not use the call.

If your question is "why did the admin not have their tag enabled", it's because some admins like to stay discreet. There are many people who will see a warning by an admin and instantly stop breaking the rules so as to avoid punishment, and then when they see the admin leave they will continue.

Players not being able to identify who is part of the staff is a massive help in preventing as well as punishing breaches of the rules. Players realising that they are often not able to tell who is or is not admin will keep them on their toes, forcing them to watch their behaviour even when no admins are around. When an admin is around and warns someone, they can't tell whether that person is an admin. But because they don't know, they have to watch what they do anyways.

Usually people will still do whatever the fuck they like anyways, so I might be overstating the effect of incognito administrating. But it does help. When people are warned by someone of whom they don't know whether they are admin or not and they continue their behaviour regardless, that is how you can pick out the real rulebreakers. Because they will disregard whatever they are told unless they have reason to believe they will get punished if they continue.

To be fair, there are those who disregard what "common" - or seemingly common - players say because they are simply not sure whether what that person is saying is true or not, since non-admins are more likely to get the rules wrong. But again, that is still indicative of their lack of knowledge of the rules, so they still deserve the punishment if they continue.

If your question is "why did the admin not have their tag enabled", it's because some admins like to stay discreet. There are many people who will see a warning by an admin and instantly stop breaking the rules so as to avoid punishment, and then when they see the admin leave they will continue.

Players not being able to identify who is part of the staff is a massive help in preventing as well as punishing breaches of the rules. Players realising that they are often not able to tell who is or is not admin will keep them on their toes, forcing them to watch their behaviour even when no admins are around. When an admin is around and warns someone, they can't tell whether that person is an admin. But because they don't know, they have to watch what they do anyways.

Usually people will still do whatever the fuck they like anyways, so I might be overstating the effect of incognito administrating. But it does help. When people are warned by someone of whom they don't know whether they are admin or not and they continue their behaviour regardless, that is how you can pick out the real rulebreakers. Because they will disregard whatever they are told unless they have reason to believe they will get punished if they continue.

To be fair, there are those who disregard what "common" - or seemingly common - players say because they are simply not sure whether what that person is saying is true or not, since non-admins are more likely to get the rules wrong. But again, that is still indicative of their lack of knowledge of the rules, so they still deserve the punishment if they continue.
holy fucking shit evo, your posts are always so detailed and formal o3o

As Evo stated, some admins may not like having a "flashy admin tag" sticking out. Like me, I only have a name that is green and default text, which makes people sometimes believe I'm just a donator. I just don't want to be specially treated because I have an admin tag out, I am a player too.

Users who are viewing this thread