Declined Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spaceblob11's Admin Application for Deathrun #09

- Your name and/or nickname

Spaceblob11 - Everyone calls me 'Space' in-game.

- Your age

16 at the time of writing this. My birthday is on October 24th.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

Furken gave me permission as #09 currently has no available spots according to the available positions thread.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is, makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:0:451003995

- Your general online times and your timezone

My timezone is (GMT+4). My online times are as follows:

Weekdays (Sunday-Thursday for me): I am typically online anywhere from 16:00 - 22:00 and can play for hours at a time.

Weekends (Friday & Saturday for me): I am usually able to be online throughout the day from 12:00 - 24:00. This means, if calls were to ever come on a Friday or Saturday, I will be able to handle most of them.

The times I have given are not set in stone by any means and could (unlikely) change due to work or family-related business. However, if this were to ever occur I would inform a full DR game-server Admin. I would also inform them if I would not be able to play tf2 in general whether that be due to technical issues or vacation.

Due to corona, I am working and doing class from home which means during my breaks I will always be able to handle calls. This also means that during the upcoming Summer Holidays for me, I will most likely be on for the majority of the day.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I spend all my time on the Deathrun (#09) server and am the most familiar with the rules on this server which is why I am applying for admin on it. I also sometimes can be found on the surf server (#11). I will always be more than happy to investigate calls from other servers.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes, I do have a working microphone however I don't use it often, but will be more than happy to use it if needed.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I do have previous experience as an Admin/Moderator. I have Moderated/Administrated Servers over: Minecraft and Discord. I have moderated a tf2 server before but that was a private one with friends.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

I am aware of the needed commands to administrate the DR server as I have been trying to learn them over the past month(s). Although, a quick and small refreshment on some of the SourcMod commands would be nice.

/sm_unban | sm_gag/sm_ungag | sm_mute/sm_unmute | sm_silence/sm_unsilence

sm_admin (Contains most of the needed commands)
sm_kick
sm_csay
sm_psay
sm_hsay
sm_rename
sm_slay
sm_burn
sm_beacon
sm_slap
sm_votemap
sm_who

(I believe most of the spray commands, as well as slap, rename, etc, are all within the admin menu.)

sm_spraytrace
sm_sprayremove
sm_adminspray (player username)
sm_rweapons
sm_rplayer

Targetting certain players/groups

@all, @dead, @alive, @Blu, @Red, @!me, @aim

Player name, #User ID, #Steam ID.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I have been playing on the Deathrun server for a while now, almost every day (which has allowed me to become a well-known and respected regular), and have gathered a lot of playtime on the #09 server which means I understand and have learned all the rules on this specific server. So much so that I am confident in enforcing the rules on those who break them. Since I am on the server quite a lot, I see my fair share of rule-breakers, which I warn, and report if they ignore the warnings (You can see all the reports I have made here). Sometimes I use '!call' but since I play pretty early compared to everyone else and the admins. It's very rare for an admin to answer the call. I deeply care about the fun and enjoyment of the other regulars on the server so I generally try to keep the server rid of those who take that fun away. I can also guarantee that as an admin, I will never show favoritism and will not hesitate to punish anyone on my friend's list, should they break the rule.

In my opinion, I think the best and most efficient admin is one that knows what each rule truly means and one that enforces those rules while also knowing when and when not to give out punishments. My main policy as an admin would be to keep the server fun and entertaining while also keeping it safe for the others as that is everything that panda is about. When other admins are online, I also try and help them by pointing out skippers or rulebreakers in general that they missed. I am also willing to teach new players the ins and outs of each map along with their respective easter eggs.

Furthermore, I think I would be a good addition since my Timezone and work schedule allows me to come online (and stay online) for a bit earlier and longer than the other admins. Me being able to stay online for longer is good as the server is generally full throughout the day, and even though the #09 admin team is large in size, I believe the server still lacks enough moderation to keep it 100% clean and enjoyable, which is why I am applying to try and bridge the gap of a lack of moderation in the early mornings, or in general.

- Is your playtime on the server 3 days or more? (Required is 3 days of playtime overall on the server)

My playtime at the time of writing this is: 22 Days & 3 Hours for the #09 server.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

All punishments will have 2 warnings given beforehand with the exception of Hacking/Racism/Advertising Cheats.

General Bans (Eg: Skipping, Teamkilling, Exploiting, Call abuse, Impersonation of an admin, etc.) Would follow this template:

(240 | 4 Hours) > (720 | 12 Hours) > (1440 | 24 Hours) > (10080 | 1 Week) > (43800 | 1 Month) > (999999 | Permanent and ask a full admin for a permanent ban.)

Communication-Related Punishments (Eg: Ghosting, Advertising by chat or voice, Foreign Language, Begging, Offensive Language, Harassment, etc.):

(240 | 4 Hours) > (720 | 12 Hours) > (1440 | 24 Hours) > (10080 | 1 Week) > (43800 | 1 Month) > Permanent Gag/Mute/Silence

Gags, Mutes, and Silences will stack.

Racism (No warnings beforehand as I believe not being racist is common knowledge)

(480 | 8 Hours) > (1440 | 24 Hours) > (10080 | 1 Week) > (43800 | 1 Month) > Permanent Gag/Mute/Silence

Punishments regarding sprays/objectors.

Sprays: Remove spray & warn > Spray banned.

> (240 | 4 Hours) > (720 | 12 Hours) > (1440 | 24 Hours) > (10080 | 1 Week) > (43800 | 1 Month) > (999999 | Permanent and ask a full admin for a permanent ban.)

For Idling on the server, I would wait 15 minutes and if they have not moved, then warn and then kick them.

The punishment for cheating (Use of third-party software) or advertising cheats will be: 999999, record a demo or video for proof, and send to a full admin for a permanent ban. No warnings given before-hand or previous punishments as Cheaters deserve No mercy and ruin the game for everyone.

Lastly, to quickly try and address Nikola's comment on my previous application: I have improved most of my warnings and make them thorough and understandable. You may find certain warnings in my chatlog where I was admittingly a bit sloppy, however, most of these occasions were because the user had already previously been warned by another player, or has broken the specific rule a lot in the past. I have also fixed my punishment scaling, which you can see above. I have been 110% on top of it when it comes to skipping/exploiting as well.

Now, there is not much that I can say or prove for what they said about being difficult to talk with and sometimes not understanding. However, I will say, It was admittingly a bit early for me to apply as I was still unsure about the many rules that DR had. While the one month and then some difference between this app and my last app may not seem like enough time to mature or learn, I can guarantee that I have learned my way around every specific rule now and know what is considered one thing rather than another. I feel like I have matured and learned enough at this current moment to administrate DR properly. If you consider me, I won't let anyone down.

Now with that out of the way, If anyone has any further questions for me on anything, feel free to reply below here or pm me directly. I will also be on discord if anyone wants to message me there.
??????? ????????????#1423

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my application ::):

Attachments

• hlstatsx.png
    hlstatsx.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 118
Thought this might come up. To address this, about a half a year or so ago (about 3-5 months before I joined panda), I was immature and, I don't remember exactly, but I believe my friends told me to install this third party client, and me being me decided to go along with it and then this happened. Now I want to be 110% clear here. This was a while ago, and I had no idea what i was doing since i was still fairly new to tf2 and I have since whenever this took place, got a new PC, and have never used a third party client. I still stick by my statement on how cheaters ruin the game. If this ruins my chances of being an admin, even though it was a while ago, I'd rather take it down.

As for that appeal, you can clearly sense I was immature at the time and tried to get away with lying.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Atsu
I don't know if I am allowed to post here, but from what I see in your post is that you do not have much experience with sourcemod. One of the basics that you have wrong is that you entered 999999 for a permanent ban, while if you really used sourcemod before you would have known it's the value 0 for a permanent ban. Other than that you have missed an important command which is sm_addban which is the command required to add a ban to sourcebans.

another thing I have to mention is that looking at his chat log, the only things I can see are administrative things, you're currently not an admin and people will only consider that as annoying. Nobody wants to be judged the entire time for doing something wrong by a regular player. They just want to play the game and have fun. I'm only seeing him complaining about people but normal conversations are rare to see in his chat logs.

And finally, your rep on panda is not the only thing that matters for your application, using aimbot is a pretty bad offense as you are ruining the game experience for the other players. Which is the last thing you want to do as an admin.

In short, he actually socializes with the players, and becomes more friends with them rather than the enemy. Don't forget that admins are here to make the server better, not worse. Do not get offended by this comment, instead learn from it for in the future.

edit: It's @me, not @!me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, sorry to bother but I have a couple things to say.

First of all, I'm not sure what @sunstep meant by "administrative things". I see nothing on Space's chatlog that is him threatening to ban/kick/mute anyone, just warning and informing others of the rules. Warning someone of the rules is NOT anything that is reserved for admins, rather I see it as something all members should do before a report on anything. You seem like you care more about what a rule breaker thinks about you then you care about the rules of the servers. Annoying or not, warnings are necessary.

Second, I'm in no place to say if Space was aimbotting or not since I wasn't there and there was no demo or proof. However I can say that @Clean18 is most likely an alt of @JEH, a very new forums account that has only messaged on Space's app. @Clean18's account was created about an hour ago, at exactly when @JEH replied to Space's app. Since their steam profiles are not public, I think it is really suspicious.

Besides those two points, I see @sunstep's reply as useful since you corrected Space.

I don't know if I am allowed to post here, but from what I see in your post is that you do not have much experience with sourcemod. One of the basics that you have wrong is that you entered 999999 for a permanent ban, while if you really used sourcemod before you would have known it's the value 0 for a permanent ban. Other than that you have missed an important command which is sm_addban which is the command required to add a ban to sourcebans.

another thing I have to mention is that looking at his chat log, the only things I can see are administrative things, you're currently not an admin and people will only consider that as annoying. Nobody wants to be judged the entire time for doing something wrong by a regular player. They just want to play the game and have fun. I'm only seeing him complaining about people but normal conversations are rare to see in his chat logs.

And finally, your rep on panda is not the only thing that matters for your application, using aimbot is a pretty bad offense as you are ruining the game experience for the other players. Which is the last thing you want to do as an admin.

In short, he actually socializes with the players, and becomes more friends with them rather than the enemy. Don't forget that admins are here to make the server better, not worse. Do not get offended by this comment, instead learn from it for in the future.

edit: It's @me, not @!me :)
First I want to correct my self on something, turns out @me and @!me are both a thing, first I tried out on my server console but it did not work. Later I tried using @!me again and then it suddenly did work. so spaceblob was right on that. another new thing learned :)

And what I meant by administrative things is that I barely see normal conversations in his chat logs, But I've looked at it again and it turns out it is actually more only the first 2 pages. So forget about that part in my comment. So it got a little bit more positive for spaceblob now.

Seems I'm going to have to comment to clear up what's happened.

I've removed the conversation happening as it was starting to clog up the application with one small lined sentences that seemed more of a jab towards to the applicant than anything useful.
About the BLW ban we are aware of it. Please leave it to us to look further into this matter.

From what I can say which is mentioned in sunstep's comment is that spaceblob has been studying sourcemod the best they can which is really above and beyond of what most applicants would do. If what they mentioned seems wrong they don't need to be perfect. It's the effort they put into learning in preparation that matters.

If Spaceblob has threatened to gag mute ban anybody I would like to see that. If it's just them warning they are allowed to inform people about the rules. This is linked to reporting a player or generally just doing it because why not.

I've warned both @Clean18 and @JEH . I see you both still attempting to start a conversation in the application. Do not post unless you have something to add about the applicant. If you want to clear things up do it in private.
Also non-admins cannot vote on applications.
Please do not get me wrong honestly I love the extra feedback from players but lets not turn this into a fight. From now on only new information. Feedback only. Deathrun admins will feedback soon once they're ready.

If you guys cannot behave yourselves I'll have to close the application and get Kevin involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread