GoldenLunchBox

Your name and/or nickname
Hi, my name is Omar but in game people call me GoldenLunchBox

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply?
Not required, I'm 17.

- Your Steam32 ID
Steam32: STEAM_0:0:93960531

Hi guys, I'm looking to apply for admin on the Dodgeball servers 1,2 and 3. I have the most time on 3 but combined I have more than the required time!

- Your general online times and your timezone
I usually spend around an hour every other day and significantly more at the weekend.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I spend most my time on #29 and #19 and would like to apply for both. I also play on #04 quite a bit but and would love to apply!

- Do you have a microphone?
I have a microphone and use it very often!

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
Not as of yet!

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Not much, but am a fast learner so I don't think it should be too much of an issue.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

1.) I have been playing on both these servers for years now and have a passion for the game especially, Dodge ball. I have many hours, but due to personal reasons took a break from the game around 6 monthsa ago, when I came back all my points and hours had been reset (unfortunate). ! I am also a very well known member of the db community and tend to casually chat with people over the mic a lot.

2.) The lack of admins on both these servers is becoming an issue with an increasing amount of people breaking the rules. Some people don't even know they're breaking the rules, especially the influx of new players. There are never admins available to mute the mic spammers and help the new players, it's something that saddens me as I love the game mode and would love to do something about it.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I would start with two clear warning first in most cases! The only exception to this rule would be cheating, which would result in a instant ban.

Racism, Toxicity, general screaming and Inappropriate Objectors will be tackled as follows.
  1. 30 minutes
  2. 2h
  3. 4h
  4. 8h
  5. 24h
  6. 3d
  7. 7d
  8. permanent
Stealing (and attempts) , Blocking, Orbiting too long, team killing and sniping will be tackled in the same manner.

Hope I tick all the boxes!
Omar

Aight there has been some talk and this apply will be valid, since you do got 3 days in total in all servers together. I got some mixed feelings about this but tbh we need admins for db and I don't see this much as a problem since EU db is kinda connected with each other.

Tagging EU db team:
@Absinthe
@Djusan
Me

I will give some feedback later, even if I've known you for a while.

Aight there has been some talk and this apply will be valid, since you do got 3 days in total in all servers together. I got some mixed feelings about this but tbh we need admins for db and I don't see this much as a problem since EU db is kinda connected with each other.

Tagging EU db team:
@Absinthe
@Djusan
Me

I will give some feedback later, even if I've known you for a while.
Thanks guys, I'm really grateful for the opportunity to apply!

• Friendly
Reactions: Tolfx
Okey I got some stuff to say, and I hope you understand.

First of, I think this apply is a bit stressed and I think you've should have waited a bit longer before applying. Now you might wonder why? Well your session is not really hitting the mark for me, you have been playing, but doesn't really meet the requirement (at least for me). Doesn't matter how many hours you got, is your session that matters, we want active admins that can play and administrate (ofc you need hours and days to apply). And it feels stressed because your session has a bunch of holes:
1588241321340.png

1588241339691.png

Seems like you've been gone for a while and now you come back and see that we need admins, so you apply. But doesn't really seem good tbh.

Second of, your apply is good but the punishment is not rather good imo. This section is about how you can express yourself if you were an admin, and we want to see how you would enforce it, so take your time here. More details then better.

I will stay neutral and wait if your session goes up or not.

Okey I got some stuff to say, and I hope you understand.

First of, I think this apply is a bit stressed and I think you've should have waited a bit longer before applying. Now you might wonder why? Well your session is not really hitting the mark for me, you have been playing, but doesn't really meet the requirement (at least for me). Doesn't matter how many hours you got, is your session that matters, we want active admins that can play and administrate (ofc you need hours and days to apply). And it feels stressed because your session has a bunch of holes:
View attachment 12699
View attachment 12700

Seems like you've been gone for a while and now you come back and see that we need admins, so you apply. But doesn't really seem good tbh.

Second of, your apply is good but the punishment is not rather good imo. This section is about how you can express yourself if you were an admin, and we want to see how you would enforce it, so take your time here. More details then better.

I will stay neutral and wait if your session goes up or not.
Hi Tolfx,
thank you for your feedback! I would like to add that with regards to the session data over the period shown above (07/03/2020 to 17/04/2020) I played different sessions on different servers. So although I may have not played on 19 for a couple days, I was likely playing on 29 instead.

I understand your concern, for example upon first glance from the 08/03 till the 20/03 there was not a single session on #04, however within that time period there were two sessions on #19, on the 13/03 and the 19/03 respectively. Within that timer period there was also a session on #29, on the 13/03. So although it may look upon first glance like there were no connections made for a period of 12 days, there were 3.

I understand that there were other gaps in session data with few connections made, however this is not a hard thing to correct and if it means hopping onto the servers daily for an hour or so, then that is definitely not an issue and is something I can do!

So once again, thank you for your feedback and I will definitely action it!

Edit: With regards to the punishment, I will get working on it ASAP and make it more detailed!

My revised strat for gags and bans.

Racism, insulting, mic spam, chat spam and Inappropriate Objectors will be tackled as follows.
  1. ) 3 clear warning in both the voice chat and text chat. By this point the player knows full well not to do this, if he/she decides to continue, it will be tackled as follows.
  2. ) 4 hour gag/mute
  3. ) 12 hour gag/mute
  4. ) 24 hour gag/mute
  5. ) One week gag/mute
  6. ) One month gag/mute
  7. ) Perma ban

Stealing, blocking, orbiting too long, team killing and deliberate sniping will be tackled as follows.
  1. ) 3 clear warnings. The fisrt one with be a general reminder and a slap. The second and third will be general reminders plus a slay. By this point the player knows full well not to do this, if he/she decides to continue, it will be tackled as follows.
  2. ) 4 hour ban
  3. ) 12 hour ban
  4. ) 24 hour ban
  5. ) One week ban
  6. ) One month ban
  7. ) Perma ban
The one exemption to this is for cheaters, who go straight to perma ban.

I hope this new, more detailed strat is ok!
Omar

Reactions: Tolfx and Gold
Hi there. First of all sorry for the delay, but im buried in so much work. :pepe:

Im pleased with the effort on keeping up the sessions, if you can keep doing that is aweasome since we need more admins on DB.
Your chat seems clean and you do enforce the rules when someones gets off the line. I've encontered you a few days ago and all seem good and chill, I noticed you like using the mic?

As I said if you can keep the sessions as they are it is a +1 from me. Good Luck.

Reactions: GoldenLunchBox
Session going up: ✅
Chat clean: ✅
Enforcement of rules looking good: ✅

You seem to be checking all the marks that I wanted you to improve so a +1 for me as well.

Well, it's about time for me to review this :p

I don't see you play a lot because I play mostly on #4, but when I do you use your mic a lot to help people with a good enforcement of rules and you seem to be friendly and known by the community, that's always good to see.

Your session went up lately, that's good, keep it up!

Nothing more to say, I'll agree with my co-admins here and send a +1!

Good luck!

Hi guys,
I'm really happy to have gained the +1 from all three admins, so I just wanna say a huge thank you! Fingers crossed it goes well from here !
Cheeers!

I'll close this up as we have all the feedback now. Since you've missed the wave you'll have plenty of opportunity to improve anything that you need to but looks like you are so keep up the good work!

Any inactivity or question please message me, good luck ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread