Declined Admin Application US Hightower (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupidbunny

Your name and/or nickname:
Lydia(gothic)

Your age:

Current playtime on relevant server(s):
6d 07:37:15h

Server you are applying for:
US Hightower

Steam32 ID:
STEAM_0:0:426590791

Link to your sourcebans record:
ban
comms

General online times + time zone:
I'm Western, usually online weekends or day offs

Do you have a working microphone/do you use it?
I have a mic and I sometimes use it

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
I was admin in a few discord servers, but wasn't for any games

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
I've noticed that the server has become very toxic as of late. More cheaters have been joining with no admins around to deal with them quickly. So, I'd like to do my part to make everyone have a better experience. I know my behavior in the chat may not look the cleanest at the moment, but I can improve in time.

1. 360 minutes
2. 720 minutes
3. 1440 minutes
4. 10080 minutes
5. 43400 minutes
6. Permanent ban

Cheating will result in a permanent ban, along with a demo recording for proof of cheating.

1. 360 minutes
2. 720 minutes
3. 1440 minutes
4. 10080 minutes
5. 43400 minutes
6. Permanent mute/gag

Hello cupidbunny. We normally have admins from the server you are applying for provide feedback, but as it stands currently there are no hightower admins. Nothing to worry about fortunately, I've decided to step in and assist during this process.

Going off what I can here since I haven't met you on the server yet. The application is short but to the point with a clean history. Your sessions since 4-12-2021 are just over 2 days total, pretty good. A majority of sessions are over an hour long, decent aswell. Skimmed over your chatlog, not great but I'll get to that later. Looks like you are aware of the community's stacking and natural 6th punishment is permanent which is convenient. teensy tiny thing but I think you meant 43200 minutes for your 5th since that's exactly a month.

So all that's in order but were still at a crossroads here. Thats not going to be enough information for me to give a yes or no. What I'd like for you to start doing is recording evidence of people who are cheating and reporting them here on our forums, aswell as reminding people who are acting inappropriately about the server rules. If that fails for whatever reason then I'd like for you to also report that here. Shouldn't be a problem since you've noted this as a major contributor to applying. This will help make our decision much easier when it comes time to decide to accept or decline you.

A couple more tips to get accepted
  • Act more mature in chat, I've noticed some moments with you behaving provocative, passive aggressive towards people who you think are bad at the game, and mocking people for claiming you're cheating. some instances are bad enough to warrant a gag, so bare that in mind. This kind of behavior won't be tolerated.
  • If you do plan on giving warnings to people. Make sure it's just a reminder of the server rules and that they could be punished if they continue. In my experience warning people like an authority figure without any powers is generally unhelpful and counterproductive, people will tend to ignore you or take it as a way of behaving worse. This is also a big ongoing problem with many people applying today
  • Joining our discord server and or overall having a social presence in the community isn't a requirement, but it certainly would be a nice thing to see you get into the groove of how things go around here. I'd recommend making an introduction thread here!
Now bare in mind, applications around here can sometimes take up to a couple months to process. I hope you are okay with potentially waiting a long period of time while the owner gets around to processing this. But in addition to everything, I'll see if I can make connections on hightower with you and gather more information that I otherwise couldn't. After you've had some time to also process everything I've said here (give it a week or two) I'll revisit this application to give an updated opinion, afterwards this will have a green light.

PEACE

Thanks for being patient. This took me a while, but I wanted to get it right.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend seeing you as an admin. I believe key reasons to start would be the lack of commitment. Still haven't seen any reports despite me asking you. You mentioned wanting to apply to make everyone have a better experience.. I haven't seen you make any steps towards doing that at all, just empty words. Another thing that gets me is I still find some moments where you are provoking other players for gameplay reasons. Although much better then when you first applied, just not mature enough I'm afraid. There's also little to no mention of rules from you despite the amount of flaming going around. Last thing I would say is you still haven't shown any forum activity, this would be a small requirement if you were accepted as an admin by the way.

If you were to fix these issues maybe you could find yourself at the other end of the stick, for now I'm not confident in seeing you as an admin.

Pretty much Bambi summed it up but I will again here: The lack of action to improve what Bambi stated and the chatlog is still provoking. Also the applicant is not active on the forums for 9 days and the application itself isn't exactly ideally what we're looking for particularly with the 'improvement' promised which hasn't happened.

I feel the above justifies a decline rather than putting this under review. If you want to take this seriously please take the advice given and apply it. You can re-apply in one month; 19th of February 2022.

Reactions: aphid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread