Declined Admin Application MGE Server #07 #23 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Your name and/or nickname
Yoda
- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply?

No current game admin for this server.

- Your SteamID3
STEAM_0:1:43887373

- Your general online times and your timezone
UTC+0
Ingame availability is also possible during these hours but 15:00 - 18:30

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Usually, MGE #23 is the most active out of #23 and #07. I will be available to support a wide range of servers as long as I am aware of any specific rules for that server / gamemode.

- Do you have a microphone?
Yes

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
None.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I'm a long-time active member of Panda's MGE servers and fairly known in the community, due to my experience playing the game and experience with the player base, I can detect cheaters quite consistently.
Unfortunately, MGE servers do not have an active admin and reports can sometimes take too long to be acted on. I see this a detrimental to the community as this makes players either leave or an arena being hogged by a cheater. And importantly effects returning players. It also lets the cheaters know they have potential hours of amusement before needing to create a new alt.
I wish to improve the behavior within these servers and create a better environment for new players. With the nature and ego of MGE, I believe I can steer this part of the game in a better direction, reducing the toxic behavior and make a better server for both veterans and new players.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Cheating -
Instant permaban

Abusive language -
I believe these will be adjusted, but the ultimate punishment will be a Perma gag.
While tensions can get high in MGE and abusive chat will be met with a warning. 3 warnings until a timeout. If it is again noticed will be met with a day ban and increased if the behavior does not improve.
Racist or hate speech towards groups - 1 day mute, if the behavior does not improve 1 week mute and day ban. Increasing. to a 3 month ban and perma gag.
(thinking about it does a gag stop from using !add?)
Exploits -
These will need to be adjusted, as providing Perma bans will hurt the server going forward. I believe the max for these bans will be 3 months.

Abusing the ELO exploit will be met with a day ban, this is the type of behavior that needs to be curbed. - Day ban/week/1 month/3 month
(This can also be checked within server logs for evidence)

So glad this has been opened, whichever admin is chosen will be a huge improvement.

Lastly, this should be obvious, but do not copy from other applications – any applications that we find out have copied significantly from others will be auto-declined.

You cannot apply for 1 month from now. 13th of August 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread