Accepted Admin Application Ian US Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Username: Ian (Unless under an alias)

Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:0:138707128
Another Important link for use: HLStats

Your age: 17

Current playtime on relevant server(s): 34d 10:12:43h

Link to your Sourcebans record:
(1) Commblocks
(0) Bans

Who gave you permission to apply? The Position was open, if this was a mistake, please contact me immediately on the forums.

Server to are applying for: US Jailbreak, I can help on other servers, but I am not too active on other servers, minus an occasional visit to US 2fort.

General online times & time zone: US Eastern | I am able to be on call most afternoons on weekdays. | Weekends are a wild card and I have large availability for most of the day but am on at random times, I can hop on whenever I feel like it most of the time, a call will be easy to handle for me.

Do you have a working microphone? Yes. I am not scared to use it.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator. Not relevant.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate? I know how to use source-mod pretty well, and have taken time to research commands. I also tend not to lose my cool and consider myself very knowledgeable of the rules here, as I have been playing for over 2 years. I have taken my time thinking before applying, I applied due to lack of administration when I am on, and I think I can just do the job. By the way, here are my punishments; I decided to go take a look at prior accepted admin applications, and combine their punishments (specifically current full game server admins) I do this because I think uniformity will help with the organization of ban processing.

Punishments

General Standards
Usually, for Minor rule-breaking, I will give 1-2 warnings, if someone else is constantly warning the person this will not apply. I do not believe I should have to use admin chat, as I am usually very vocal on the mic, but I do not mind using it if someone is not paying attention.
Medium level problems like Discrimination, Freekilling, exploiting, and NSFW content for example will receive 1 warning
High-Level Problems like Cheating will not receive warnings.

Ban/Gag/Mute Scaling (Follows a 6 Level Punishment to make it easier for others to follow it)
After Warnings, Punishments Scale as follows in minutes: 720(12 Hours) - 1440(1 Day) - 2880-4320(2-3 Days) - 10080(1 week) - 43800 (1 month) - Perm
Cheating Bans are Permanent, and a demo/mp4 will be sent to a mentor or attached if capabilities are given.

Guard-Ban Scaling
Correct me if I am wrong, but trial mods do not have access to logs of team bans. I will scale them as follows if I get access, or scale on memory if I do not have access.
Minor Stuff: Warnings - 120(2 hours) - 240(4 hours) - 480(8 hours) - 720(12 hours) - Perm
MFK- Perm + 720(12 hours) Server ban
Accidental MFK - 1440 (1 day) - Perm+ 720(12 Hours) Server ban
Other Stuff is variable depending on severity.

NSFW Content
Objector - Slay+Warn - Slay+Warn+Bans follow Ban scaling.
Spray - Remove spray, and warn - Remove spray, and warn - Remove spray and spray ban.
Profile pictures, flair, and other NSFW content: ask for advice.

Pings:

@Madact
@Semicolon Backslash
@Random Coffee Table
@Kazzy
@Zee
@TRGGB2
@Bambi
If I missed a Jailbreak Moderator, and someone wants to ping them go right ahead.

Why did I apply (Extra): I have been playing panda for a while, and after a bit of thought I have decided I want to get more involved with the community. A lot of the moderators are nice and welcoming in my eyes, and I have @Gold to thank for the encouragement. I just think panda is a bit of a mess at times especially in the mid-day when there is a moderation drought. I applied now since you all will have plenty of time to observe me since I have some school off. My sessions will return to normal next week.

Salutations Ian, thanks for taking your time to apply.

Your old app
I'm gonna talk about your app, it looks way better than your previous app I'll give you that. It looks more convincing rather than just being bland. Your punishment looks good as well. It follows our usual stacking format which is good although I don't mind people using their methods as long as it is acceptable. My minor complaint is the 12 hour teamban which is kinda long in my opinion. If you can shorten that down you should be fine although that being said when you get trial you will get taught the proper punishment guidelines or use your own.

Looking at chatlogs, pretty good and nothing out of the ordinary. My first fix for you is to change your warnings. Like me what Bambi said in my previous app your warnings are pretty much weak. Like for instance.
1637893966738.png

1637893982224.png
This is a really easy fix. You can something say something like the lines of:
Hey, Try to avoid micspamming as it is mutable on this server.
*person* , try not to rev at non-rebelling reds as that is baiting. You can get guardbanned for that.
I know it is a few words long but Bambi would've said the same thing. Try to make these a habit as you're not an admin yet as people would think its just a you problem.

Your timezone is ok but most of our team is on eastern time but I wouldn't mind someone giving an extra pair of hands.

Correct me if I am wrong, but trial mods do not have access to logs of team bans. I will scale them as follows if I get access, or scale on memory if I do not have access.
Trials do not have access to the logs on teamban as only fulls can have access to the logs. You will pretty much have to scale it by memory because once a teamban expires it gets cleared in the logs.

Overall, you're pretty chill and I think you are good enough to have my +1. As long as you take what I said you should be on the right track.

Vote:
+1

Sessions currently are returning to normal, just a heads up. Effective 11/29/21.

• Informative
Reactions: Kazzy
I don’t really know what to add to what’s already been said, I usually see you play on Blu and we all know what a landmine that can be.

You know the rules pretty well and most of all you’re an enjoyable person to play with, wouldn’t really want a toxic guy to become an admin.
My only real complaint at the moment is your punishment time, Don’t you think its a little harsh to start outright with 12 hours? I would personally change that to something a little lenient and down to earth, Something feasibly understable for the punishee and punisher.

Other than that, Ill just have to give you my +1

• Happy
Reactions: LilSpaceMan and Ian
I can't really think of anything to add past of what everyone have already said so yeah.

With what Zee said about punishment times its not that big of a deal as my stacking starts at 12hours also, it really depends on how much of a warning people get before the punishment happens.

With all this being said have a +1.

So we would wait for one more but Bambi is out of your timezone to join, inactive currently and has only really seen you once or twice during the 2 weeks. He didn't have anything to say so I'm just saying this here for reference.

Time to put this under review!
Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread