Accepted Admin Application from Plastic Eating Utensil (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastic Eating Utensil

Member Name Plastic Eating Utensil

Whats your name and/or nickname?
Spoon

How old are you?
15 (16 in march)

Who, if anyone, gave you permission to apply?
Pricholas

What is your Steam ID 32?
STEAM_0:1:165069402

What are your general online times and your timezone?
I live in mountain time currently. I am usually on all day on saturday and sunday and I get on occasionally throughout the weekdays at least 3 times from 4 pm to 9 pm. However I have loads of free time throughout the week meaning I can get on more often if it is needed.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?
I play on the texas dodge ball server (66.151.244.138:27015) quite often.

Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Yes

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

Do you have any previous experience as admin or moderator? (if so, tell us more about it)
Not too much experience, but I have been guided through what it is like to be an admin for one of the communities of Team Fortress 2 and what they had to do deliberately.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I am generally a straight forward person. I am tolerant and patient when it comes to disorderly and chaotic situations. I am extremely flexible when it comes to changing anything whether it be the rules or how something should be done. I learn quickly and have an easy time getting know how something is done.

Briefly explain how you'll do your duty as an admin? (tell us about your policies, punishments, etc.)
I will be straight forward and deliberate when I need to be (ex :if someone is cheating or evading a ban or anything similar, I will give a strict punishment without warning). I will give warnings when I feel it is appropriate to do so (ex: if someone is saying hurtful things on mic or is spamming, I will ask kindly for them to stop, if they persist then a strict punishment will be given as a result). I also would make sure that the other players are having a fun time as well as making sure the rule breakers do not cause any problems.

I currently have a ban on sourcebans (that has been removed long time ago) that states I was perma'd for having an alt account. Pricholas has stated that this was accidental as he and luigi thought that I was someone named cyrus using an alt account. I have been playing Team Fortress 2 since early 2016 and I have been playing on and off the panda community since, I would believe is, late 2016 and have started playing more commonly since just recently.

Trial administrators cannot give premission, only full gameserver admins can. You might want to ask one of the full gameserver admins.

I mean, i asked if i should apply, he said sure, so i thought that was my go ahead. sorry bout that

• Funny
Reactions: Bass
I always tell users that they are welcome to apply, but I don't mention permission because I'm pretty sure you don't need permission... She did ask me about requirements, and I tell her what I tell other players. This isn't the first time someone has used my name though so whatever.

Spoon has two bans for "alt account" which are false charges. One from me on accident when we had a cyrus and dark angle wave. The second was a perma from Luigi not reading my chat messages, and thinking it was actually a dark or cyrus account.

gameME
- 4 days 05:44:20 hours
Sessions - You may improve your server time by staying longer.
Chat - Mostly clean, hardly any bind spamming, decent communication skills.

I have nothing negative to say about the player, hasn't ever caused any chaos or disorder while I'm around.
They have also been active on the server while I am, which means they have seen how some situations are handled.
She does use a mic, which is sometimes paramount with some players. If they can't read the chat, it's easier to give verbal warnings.

Unless someone comes out with some horrible evidence to say Spoon is an awful choice for staff consideration, I am +1

Warning random thoughts incoming! [I've met Spoon somewhat frequently in my dodgeball career. I've never officially met her, nor became true friends with her. She was more of a cool and interesting dodgeball player that's nice to be around. I'll just leave my score on he app in the spoilers box.]
I've just realized I used "him" instead of "her", and I covered it all up by editing it all to "her".

I'm going to use the Spanky Decision Equation to help support me on my decision if I should give a +1 or -1 on her application.

Whats your name and/or nickname?
Spoon

How old are you?
15 (16 in march)

Who, if anyone, gave you permission to apply?
Pricholas

What is your Steam ID 32?
STEAM_0:1:165069402

What are your general online times and your timezone?
I live in mountain time currently. I am usually on all day on saturday and sunday and I get on occasionally throughout the weekdays at least 3 times from 4 pm to 9 pm. However I have loads of free time throughout the week meaning I can get on more often if it is needed.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?
I play on the texas dodge ball server (66.151.244.138:27015) quite often.

Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Yes

A pretty standard start to your application, more than enough time for decent administration to players, and you have microphone. You have it easy now don't you? Having a mic already. Don't mind me. Not jealous at all. I can just press my binds and type to chat for players to understand including the apparently blind players who cannot read some simple text. Something I noticed that's a bit nit-picky of me is that you didn't capitalized Texas. ;-; You hurt my state's heart. You're lucky I didn't subtract a point because of it you mean banana. Overall I would give a +1

Do you have any previous experience as admin or moderator? (if so, tell us more about it)
Not too much experience, but I have been guided through what it is like to be an admin for one of the communities of Team Fortress 2 and what they had to do deliberately.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I am generally a straight forward person. I am tolerant and patient when it comes to disorderly and chaotic situations. I am extremely flexible when it comes to changing anything whether it be the rules or how something should be done. I learn quickly and have an easy time getting know how something is done.

That's good. You have a general grip of the procedures to administration, including background knowledge of how to play properly dodgeball, and as well as fully understanding the rules of dodgeball. As said in your application, patience is pretty important skill in administration. To add having the ability to ignore very annoying and frustrating players, and being very flexible to change is a nice add. Hopefully what you said is true. Which I will trust you on your word. That is a plus one.

[Admin] Spankyworld: How can you she trust you if you cannot trust yourself?
Spankyworld: What?
[Admin] Spankyworld: The word from th-
Spankyworld: Of course I trust myself. What are you an imbecile Admin?
[Admin] Spankyworld: I don't know man. Can you keep your word to yourself on that?
Spankyworld: Yeah Spanky.
Spankyworld: Okay shut up other Spanky. We're getting off track.

Briefly explain how you'll do your duty as an admin? (tell us about your policies, punishments, etc.)
I will be straight forward and deliberate when I need to be (ex :if someone is cheating or evading a ban or anything similar, I will give a strict punishment without warning). I will give warnings when I feel it is appropriate to do so (ex: if someone is saying hurtful things on mic or is spamming, I will ask kindly for them to stop, if they persist then a strict punishment will be given as a result). I also would make sure that the other players are having a fun time as well as making sure the rule breakers do not cause any problems.

I currently have a ban on sourcebans (that has been removed long time ago) that states I was perma'd for having an alt account. Pricholas has stated that this was accidental as he and luigi thought that I was someone named cyrus using an alt account. I have been playing Team Fortress 2 since early 2016 and I have been playing on and off the panda community since, I would believe is, late 2016 and have started playing more commonly since just recently.

Your punishments are pretty... Straight forward. Heh. I usually give out two warnings for the base of most things, and mold the amount of warnings depending on the severity of the mistake they made. Although I wouldn't mind a little bit more in depth explanation of your punishments and amount of warnings. Just a reminder that all admins administrates differently, so you don't have to be the same like all the others. Although it's better to try to keep it at a balanced punishment. Unlike. *Wheeze* Luigi over there. *Wheeze so harsh Wheeze*
Anyways I'll give you a neutral point.

I believe you have the potential to make an excellent admin in the Texas Dodgeball Server. It's all up to the decision of the rest of the admins. I've rest my case. For I'm giving you a +1 Congrats. :vanilla2:

Man. Exams are really slowing my time to do anything.

[Admin] Spankyworld: That's because you suck at everything.
Spankyworld: God admin why are you always rude to me specifically?
[Admin] Spankyworld: I don't know. Maybe it's because you're admin impersonating?
Spankyworld: I had this name first you banana.
Spankyworld: Me too!
[Admin] Spankyworld: Including me.
[Admin] Spankyworld: All I hear are LIES.
Kevin: Shut up. All of you. GET OUT OF MY SIGHT SPANKYS.
Spankyworld: Oh shoot it's the boss! Let's get out of here!

:vanilla2: ~ Spankyworld has been banned from the forums.
:vanilla2: ~ Other Spankyworld has been banned from the forums.
:vanilla2: ~ [Admin] Spankyworld has been renamed Badmin.
:vanilla2: ~ [Other Admin] Spankyworld has been renamed other Badmin.

What am I doing with my life.

• Funny
Reactions: Jimjo and Bass
( I don't mind being called a him, it's frequent enough in game that I'm ok with it.°V°)
SO for a more in depth punishment guideline as spanky has asked for.

For me it really does depend on what is being done and how severe it is. While the general punishment still applies, I may give more or less warnings (depending on what is being done) depending on how critical and servere it is.
As an example (for crude and caustic speech as a specific example), say person 1 and person 2 are having an argument. If it continues as mature and doesn't get too heated, I may still ask it to be toned down and/or be taken elsewhere off the server. If insults that aren't too bad and get involved (that aren't slurs or majorly offensive to players outside the argument) I may give 2-3 warnings. If it starts to disrupt other players or offends others I will give a solid 1 warning due to majority vs minority being affected. Now this can vary depending on what happens as it was mentioned earlier.

If it is something that is a major offense such as hacking/cheating, that's obviously going to have no warnings and have the instant ban.

If the problem persists, such as say someone was gagged multiple times for the same reason, it seems reasonable to apply a gag (if the problem persists) but for longer than his/her most recent gag.

tl;dr heres how I (might) do my thing.

Insults/ Caustic Speech (May vary)
~1-2 warnings (depends on the wording/usage)
~Gag/mute for 60 minutes
~Gag/mute for 120 minutes
~Gag/mute for 240 minutes
~Gag/mute for 720 minutes
~Gag/mute for 1440 minutes
~Gag/mute for 10080 minutes
~Permanent gag/mute

Chat Spam (May vary)(Also, foreign languages apply)
~1-3 warnings
~Gag for 60 minutes
~Gag for 120 minutes
~Gag for 240 minutes
~Gag for 720 minutes
~Gag for 1440 minutes
~Gag for 10080 minutes
~Permanent

Mic Spam (May vary)(Also, foreign languages apply to this IF it is perceived as annoying, otherwise i'll refer to the chat spam punishments for foreign languages)
~2 warnings (little flexibility and tiny bit longer mutes due to it being more annoying/irritating and hard to stop for other players, I have also seen many players become infuriated at mic spam compared to chat spam. It can also disrupt the game play or prevent an admin from giving a warning.)
~Mute for 90 minutes
~Mute for 180 minutes
~Mute for 300 minutes
~Mute for 720 minutes
~Mute for 1440 minutes
~Mute for 10080 minutes
~Permanent

Racism/ Offensive slurs
~1 stern warning over mic and in chat. While I am indifferent to most subjects (such as politics or terrorism, etc.), racism, sexism, and harsh/destructive discrimination is a big NO NO to me. I will not be nice about it. (It is a touchy subject)
~Gag/mute for 90 minutes
~Gag/mute for 420 minutes
~Permanent :)

Hacking
~No warning/ Permanent ban

Call admin abuse
~I will tell them to stop and go file a report in the future (if I am on the server, even then I would take care of it)
~Gag for 720 minutes (to try to deter them from making the mistake in the future)
~Ban for 720 minutes
~Ban for 1400 minutes
~Ban for 10080 minutes
~Permanent Gag/ban (it depends on how badly abused it was)

Stealing
~Ban for 720 minutes
~Ban for 1440 minutes
~Ban for 4320 minutes
~Ban for 10080 minutes
~Ban for 20160 minutes
~Permanent ban

Blocking,

Player who is doing the blocking will be slapped or frozen and given a warning, if 3 warnings have been given and the problem persists, the bans will be given accordingly based on the stealing bans above.

Team kill
~This is all if it is intentional or has happened multiple times in one session
~3-5 warnings will be given, if it with intent, the warnings will be narrowed down to 1-3 at most.

~Ban for 360 minutes (only if it is unintentional, otherwise I go to the 12 hour ban for tk with intent)
~Ban for 720 minutes
~Ban for 1440 minutes
~Ban for 4320 minutes
~Ban for 10080 minutes
~Ban for 20160 minutes
~Permanent ban

Exploiting
~Ban for 1440 minutes
~Ban for 10080 minutes
~Ban for 20160 minutes
~Permanent ban

Excessive orbiting
~I will just slap the player and give a warning
~if it continues after 5-10 warnings, I will give an appropriate response or punishment that I feel is right as it can vary from player to player.

Avoiding punishment
~Will get an exponentially great punishment prior to the one originally going to be given. (An example, if they leave before I can give a 1 day ban for exploiting, they will get a 1-2 week ban for evading punishment).

I am excited for this opportunity and thank you for considering me. :nekoheart:

Reactions: Pricholas
( I don't mind being called a him, it's frequent enough in game that I'm ok with it.°V°)
SO for a more in depth punishment guideline as spanky has asked for.

For me it really does depend on what is being done and how severe it is. While the general punishment still applies, I may give more or less warnings (depending on what is being done) depending on how critical and servere it is.
As an example (for crude and caustic speech as a specific example), say person 1 and person 2 are having an argument. If it continues as mature and doesn't get too heated, I may still ask it to be toned down and/or be taken elsewhere off the server. If insults that aren't too bad and get involved (that aren't slurs or majorly offensive to players outside the argument) I may give 2-3 warnings. If it starts to disrupt other players or offends others I will give a solid 1 warning due to majority vs minority being affected. Now this can vary depending on what happens as it was mentioned earlier.

If it is something that is a major offense such as hacking/cheating, that's obviously going to have no warnings and have the instant ban.

If the problem persists, such as say someone was gagged multiple times for the same reason, it seems reasonable to apply a gag (if the problem persists) but for longer than his/her most recent gag.

tl;dr heres how I (might) do my thing.

Insults/ Caustic Speech (May vary)
~1-2 warnings (depends on the wording/usage)
~Gag/mute for 60 minutes
~Gag/mute for 120 minutes
~Permanent gag/mute

Chat Spam (May vary)(Also, foreign languages apply)
~1-3 warnings
~Gag for 60 minutes
~Gag for 120 minutes
~Gag for 240 minutes
~Gag for 720 minutes
~Gag for 1440 minutes
~Gag for 10080 minutes
~Permanent

Mic Spam (May vary)(Also, foreign languages apply to this IF it is perceived as annoying, otherwise i'll refer to the chat spam punishments for foreign languages)
~2 warnings (little flexibility and tiny bit longer mutes due to it being more annoying/irritating and hard to stop for other players, I have also seen many players become infuriated at mic spam compared to chat spam. It can also disrupt the game play or prevent an admin from giving a warning.)
~Mute for 90 minutes
~Mute for 180 minutes
~Mute for 300 minutes
~Mute for 720 minutes
~Mute for 1440 minutes
~Mute for 10080 minutes
~Permanent

Racism/ Offensive slurs
~1 stern warning over mic and in chat. While I am indifferent to most subjects (such as politics or terrorism, etc.), racism, sexism, and harsh/destructive discrimination is a big NO NO to me. I will not be nice about it. (It is a touchy subject)
~Gag/mute for 90 minutes
~Gag/mute for 420 minutes
~Permanent :)

Hacking
~No warning/ Permanent ban

Call admin abuse
~I will tell them to stop and go file a report in the future (if I am on the server, even then I would take care of it)
~Gag for 720 minutes (to try to deter them from making the mistake in the future)
~Ban for 720 minutes
~Ban for 1400 minutes
~Ban for 10080 minutes
~Permanent Gag/ban (it depends on how badly abused it was)

Stealing
~Ban for 720 minutes
~Ban for 1440 minutes
~Ban for 4320 minutes
~Ban for 10080 minutes
~Ban for 20160 minutes
~Permanent ban

Blocking,

Player who is doing the blocking will be slapped or frozen and given a warning, if 3 warnings have been given and the problem persists, the bans will be given accordingly based on the stealing bans above.

Team kill
~This is all if it is intentional or has happened multiple times in one session
~3-5 warnings will be given, if it with intent, the warnings will be narrowed down to 1-3 at most.

~Ban for 360 minutes (only if it is unintentional, otherwise I go to the 12 hour ban for tk with intent)
~Ban for 720 minutes
~Ban for 1440 minutes
~Ban for 4320 minutes
~Ban for 10080 minutes
~Ban for 20160 minutes
~Permanent ban

Exploiting
~Ban for 1440 minutes
~Ban for 10080 minutes
~Ban for 20160 minutes
~Permanent ban

Excessive orbiting
~I will just slap the player and give a warning
~if it continues after 5-10 warnings, I will give an appropriate response or punishment that I feel is right as it can vary from player to player.

Avoiding punishment
~Will get an exponentially great punishment prior to the one originally going to be given. (An example, if they leave before I can give a 1 day ban for exploiting, they will get a 1-2 week ban for evading punishment).

I am excited for this opportunity and thank you for considering me. :nekoheart:
I love her even more now. Thank you for your deeper explanation because it's obvious that you know the rules, and you're committed to the community and your job interview. Also if you are welcomed in to the admin team we'll have a set of rules, useful binds, and sourcemods for you to read and understand more. I'll give you now my premium ultra mega large plus plus double and triple A plus multi plus gold membership plus one.

Now good luck out there again. :vanilla2:​

Last edited:
I felt that it would be helpful if I gave some input from a regular player’s perspective, as well as having experience with Staff Applications, so here I am.

I play the Texas Dogeball server frequently as well and from what I’ve seen, Spoon tries her best not to break the rules. Rarely does she steal and when she does, it’s usually unintentional or out of habit. Pretty much what others have been saying pertaining to her application and behavior is agreeable, so I have nothing to criticize about in that regard. In short, my verdict is that she is definitely qualified. Her maturity, determination, and problem solving skills are aspects that are evident of a qualifying Admin/Staff Member. With that being said, best of luck to you Spoon!

Spanky, or whichever alter ego Im speaking to, Im not sure qualifications weigh so heavily on the punishment times for an applying admin. You simply cannot be expected to know the ban times for each individual offense. If Spoon is accepted then she will be given the standard ban lengths and reasons.
Im glad to see however that she does indeed have a good grasp on what rules to be watching for.
Only input is, gags and mutes stack via sm_listcomms. So if Spankyworld has two gags and one mute, you would issue a fourth comm ban.
Call admin abuse, depending on the nature, wont be thwarted by a gag. Call abuse is a ban.
And you may find that more than three warnings is usually too much. My policy goes three warnings then ban on the fourth offense. One warning for spam, insulting, racism etc. Usually what ends up happening is the user will leave after being slayed once or twice. No ban for you, so if you are warning players 4-5 times they arent gonna stick around.

*beep*beep*beep*beep*

A little bit of a hypocrite because I'm the same with my colourful language. Seems like a good app :)

Spanky, or whichever alter ego Im speaking to, Im not sure qualifications weigh so heavily on the punishment times for an applying admin. You simply cannot be expected to know the ban times for each individual offense. If Spoon is accepted then she will be given the standard ban lengths and reasons.
Im glad to see however that she does indeed have a good grasp on what rules to be watching for.
Only input is, gags and mutes stack via sm_listcomms. So if Spankyworld has two gags and one mute, you would issue a fourth comm ban.
Call admin abuse, depending on the nature, wont be thwarted by a gag. Call abuse is a ban.
And you may find that more than three warnings is usually too much. My policy goes three warnings then ban on the fourth offense. One warning for spam, insulting, racism etc. Usually what ends up happening is the user will leave after being slayed once or twice. No ban for you, so if you are warning players 4-5 times they arent gonna stick around.
Thank you the input, I will keep this in mind if I am considered. And sorry for the language, it is out of habit. I can try to stop if it is needed

Yeah, Spoon, watch your fr*cken language ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Are admins supposed to refrain from using profanity? RIP TX staff
Wait... we're suppose to reframe ourselves from using profanity? Uh. Okay I'm good then. Although even though swearing from time to time is not a problem at all. Swearing excessively and unnecessarily can get pretty problematic. Probably because influencing kids who aren't familiar with the concepts of swearing, and making them turn to the eh side of the force. Mostly it's better to keep the server clean from time to time. It's fine if you swear Spoons. Don't murder people with it though. I've seen some bananas in my life, and I've seen it happen too. Still a plus one from me.

accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @YourBiggestFan, should you have any questions feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread