Declined Admin Application from just Gentle-Discord (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Decay

Member Name just Gentle-Discord

Whats your name and/or nickname?
Red_Decay

How old are you?
Currently 17, 4 months before 18.

Who, if anyone, gave you permission to apply?

What is your Steam ID 32?
STEAM_0:0:42444704

What are your general online times and your timezone?
Israel UTC+02:00

Around 4PM - 12AM (According to my timezone).

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?
Mostly Mario Kart #18 and Orange #27, but i do go to DeathRun(mostly #22) and DodgeBall(#4,#19) from time to time.

I wish to apply primarily for MK#18.

Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Yes

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

Do you have any previous experience as admin or moderator? (if so, tell us more about it)
Nothing official, but i did help the admins in the Panda.tf MK server and 8-bitzone MK server, usualy by baiting hackers to expose themselfs, but sometimes more, which i will describe in one of the next sections.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
First; I posses the ability to talk in 3 diffirent languages almost fluently, Which are English, Russian , and Hebrew.
In my experience, children who use voicechat without speaking english usualy speak in the latter 2 languages, which in my case means i can tell them to stop in a way they understand.
Second; I dont play on any servers besides those owned by Panda.tf and Valve, and helping a server i already (almost) never leave is something i will be happy to do.
Third; I consider myself a serious person, i have no intention of using any sort of power to disrupt gameplay for my entertainment, i strictly want to help the server.
Forth and final; Even though i am far from admin currently, it didnt stop me from helping. as i am writing this, skiffa is the only admin, and she ends up doing all the work, so if she is unable to join MarioKart while a rulebreaker roams free, i record the rulebreaker's actions as evidence, find their steamID to locate them, upload the video into youtube as unlisted (so i can share the video) and lastly, curate them in an easily accessible fashion in one of 4 .txt files (depends on the rulebreaking act) , and each entry consists of the rulebreaker's steamID, a link to the unlisted video and the date.

Briefly explain how you'll do your duty as an admin? (tell us about your policies, punishments, etc.)
Every rulebreaking act should be treated diffirently, but here is how i will react to the most popular ones:
(The numbers I, II, III, etc. will mark how many times the rule was broken.)

Spawncamping: (i will consider it a rulebreak if an openly hostile player approaches the enemy spawn, if he appears friendly then kills someone, i will count it as II)
I)Start recording for evidence.
Firmly ask them to get away from the enemy spawn.
(if they dont comply in 5 seconds,then II)
II) Slay them and warn them that the next time will result in a ban.
III) Ban them for 30 min (if its the first time that day they do it, 1 hour otherwise).
Micspamming/Non-english speaking/bullying:
I)Record.
II)If im able, i will tell them to stop and note the rules in the language they are speaking.
If i dont know their language, i will ask someone in the server who does, and if that doesnt work either,English.
II)If for one reason or another they dont stop, gag/mute for 1 hour, if they continue after that, perma-mute/gag.
Hacking: Go spectator, record atleast 3 scenarios which showcase the hack, then permaban.

All my recordings will serve as evidence for any ban that will be called out for "unfair" and "unreasonable", and if you want to see my logs of rulebreakers, i would gladly send it to you via email.
Reality has not gifted me with an interesting life, so i am completly serious about staying online even as late as 12AM.
I indeed saw that the last paragraph notes "briefly", but i personality consider it very important to dissect every step, and i hope you agree with my decision of a very detailed explanation.
As the saying goes "Give one power over someone else to see his true self", and i want to clearly show my intentions, rather than promise something vague.

Reactions: Jayy
I have been playing with Red_Decay a while. He is nice, polite and shows he can take responality. Never seen him breaking rules and he enfroces rules, he always calls me or leaves the private message if there's rulebreakers. I say +1, he would be a nice admin here.

A bit off topic: Eventho Jarza got accepted, we thought it would be nice have 3 admin on the mario kart

This user has passed all the requirements.

@Jarza

We need your feedback please. If you have none, please PM me on the forums.

Thank you.

I don't have much to add to Skiffa's feedback. Red_Decay meets all the requirements, and he has shown that he cares about the server by helping admins. For that, I'd say he's earned a +1.

II)If for one reason or another they dont stop, gag/mute for 1 hour, if they continue after that, perma-mute/gag.
Is anyone going to comment on that? No? No-one?
I'll do it then, take my feedback for what you want since I'm not an admin but a permanent silence on their second offense is ridiculous.

Your chatlogs seem... fine? You aren't breaking any rules with them, minor provoking but it's negligible. However from seeing you talk ingame you seem to have a "friendly xd" kind of attitude. It reminds me of some people who turned out to be unsuitable as admins, I sincerely hope this is not the case with you. There is one mayor flaw however. It is the way you talk about/to certain players or player groups. On one side you seem to almost worship some players and on the other side have a bias against free to plays. Please make sure that doesn't influence the way you enforce the rules. It is fairly normal to be more lenient with players you know know the rules and will improve than new players. Just don't be too lenient.

All in all I would not give you my support just yet. But I suppose you can turn out to be a good admin with a little guidance.

declined.

you may apply again in a month; 18.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread