Declined Admin Application from GreenMoose (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMoose

Member Name GreenMoose

Whats your name and/or nickname?
Moose

How old are you?

Who, if anyone, gave you permission to apply?
N/A

What is your Steam ID 32?
STEAM_0:1:91783551

What are your general online times and your timezone?
I live in the UK (despite my profile saying Canada) so GMT, I'm generally on in the evenings around 18:00 to 23:00, though on the weekends I'm on far more frequently
Monday: Morning & evening (7:00 - 12:00) - (18:00 - 23:00)
Tuesday: Evening (19:00 - 23:00)
Wednesday: Evening (18:00 - 23:00)
Thursday: Evening (18:00 - 23:00)
Friday: Evening (18:00 - anytime)
Saturday: Anytime
Sunday: Anytime

During holidays I'm active far more frequently.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?
I pretty much exclusively play on Duel, so that's the server I'm applying for.

Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Yes

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

Do you have any previous experience as admin or moderator? (if so, tell us more about it)
None

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I have played on this server for a few months now (October I think). I've been researching SourceMod and how to use it. I'm an active player on the server, being on every day if possible. I like to think of myself as responsible and able to make decisions, not just based on the server rules, but incorporating context into decisions. I'm aware of the rules and generally try to enforce them as best as I can. I know a fair amount of people on the server and am generally a friendly person, though admittedly I could improve on my language, which can be colourful at times.

Briefly explain how you'll do your duty as an admin? (tell us about your policies, punishments, etc.)
I prefer to give people a warning before taking any action, in the hopes that they didn't realise it was against the rules or maybe they didn't realise they were doing it. After giving them a warning, if they persist, action will be generally taken. This gives them the opportunity to change their actions before applying any form of punishment on them.

• Text/Mic spam - Warning. If they persist, gag/mute. The duration would depend on how many times this had to have been done.
o 1 hour > 6 hours > 24 hours > 1 week > permanent
o Text and mic spam would be handled in the same way, however are two separate offences.
o This also counts for abusive players, someone being a general dick for no reason for example.

• Hacking - This doesn't have a warning prior, hacking results in a perma-ban. No one accidentally hacks.

• Stickytrapping/stickycamping - This is a duel specific offence. They would be provided with a warning before I take any action. Afterwards:
o Slay + Warning > Ban 1 hour > Ban 6 hours > Ban 1 day > Perma-ban

• Sniper healing, various other duel specific rules - Same as above

• Call abuse - No warning presented, offenders are banned, duration again depends on prior actions.
o Ban 2 hours > Ban 6 hours > Ban 1 day > Ban 1 week > Perma-ban

I've been deliberating whether to do this for a little while, so why not?

I don’t have a decent PC, it’s capable of playing TF2 but not at very high graphical settings. I don't know if that's too detrimental but I felt it was worth mentioning.

Regardless of whether I'm accepted or not, any criticism is gladly accepted.

Hello hello there, Gardevoir's here~
Overall, application seems well written, not too rush and complete enough for my taste. Not much to say about playing time, present regularly if not every day with an average of 2 hours which is enough for me.

I would have liked to see a further punishment before/after the ban/gag of 6 hours, since the permanent is usually the 6th, not the 5th. Same for the strickytrap case.

Same way, a little more rules enforcement and less "flowery" language in your chat. It's not enough to tell them to stop, we must insist that it is forbidden especially on this (these) server :eek: But everyone can improve, and it is what I can't wait to see from you, Moose :)

I will give a +0.5 for now (can change anytime :eek:), and see what it gives. Rule the few points mentioned, eat a cookie, and I'm sure you'll do a very good admin :3

As already mentioned by Gardevoir, the application looks well and not too rushed.
I prefer to give people a warning before taking any action,
Officially we have to do warnings before banning. So no worries there.
You are missing some Rules, please do a reply with the missing rules (Rules-Thread) and how you would handle those.
You have (in my opinion) not enough playtime to administrate Duel, since you currently have 6-7days of playtime I would suggest you to do another Application when you passed 10-X hours of playtime. So you have more "knowledge" how duel works. (This opinion changes when you have done the missing rules).
As Gardevoir mentioned as well you should, if a player is breaking a rule, tell them what rule they are breaking. Not just what I am doing to ask them if they can be nicer. ( :kappa: )
Staying neutral.

Appreciate the replies. So in response to the critique:
1- With regards to my language: I will certainly try to improve it, definitely something that needs to be worked on.
2- Amendment to my previous rulings: A further ban of 12 hours between 6 hours and 24 hours will be applied. This allows the 6th punishment to be permanent, adhering to the established “5 chances before permanent”.
3- In response to my playtime: Should you find the below rules unsatisfactory, I will re-apply when I have a more suitable playtime, likely around 15 days.
4- In response to the "if a player is breaking a rule, tell them what rule they are breaking": Will do, so instead of asking them to stop, in future I’ll actually inform them it’s against the server rules and which rule in specific they are breaking.
5- In response to missing rules:

·Offensive usernames- Upon noticing they will be asked to change it. If they do not, they will have their nickname changed for them.

·Offensive weapon names/description- The player will be asked to stop using that weapon (or ideally change it). If they continue, they will be asked again and informed that it breaks the server rules. If they still continue, bans will be implemented.
o Ban: 2 hours > Ban 6 hours > Ban 12 hours > Ban 24 hours > Ban 1 week > Perma-ban
o Note: I was unable to find any information on whether admins can change someone’s weapon name/description. If an admin can do something about them, please inform me.

·Offensive spray – The player will be asked to change their spray. If they continue, they will be asked again and informed that it breaks the server rules. If they still continue, bans will be implemented.
o Ban: 2 hours > Ban 6 hours > Ban 12 hours > Ban 24 hours > Ban 1 week > Perma-ban
o Note: Again, I was unable to find any information on whether admins can remove someone’s spray. If you can, please let me know.

·Admin impersonation – Immediate name change, if they make an attempt to change it back, bans will be implemented. If they are sending messages pretending to be an admin, bans will be applied immediately.

·Offensive language – The player(s) will be presented with a warning. If they continue to be generally offensive or rude, they will be given a second warning. If they continue further, gags/mutes will be implemented appropriately.
o 1 hour > 6 hours > 12 hours > 24 hours > 1 week > permanent

·Advertisements – The player will be informed that advertising is against the server rules. If they continue, they will be perma-muted

·Speaking a foreign language – The player will be warned to speak English. If they continue, they will be warned again. Should they still continue, they will be gagged/muted appropriately.
o 1 hour > 6 hours > 12 hours > 24 hours > 1 week > permanent

·Rocket/grenade spamming – The player will be killed and warned. Should they continue they will be killed again, with another warning. If they still continue, bans will be applied.

·Sniper camping – Defined as “hugging” the supply locker while sniping. The player will be killed and presented with a warning. If they persist, they will be killed again and given another warning. If they continue after that, they will be banned.

·Working with the other team – (This does not include friendlies) Things like, holding open the spawn gate so people can get easier kills or telling the enemy where cloaked spies are. This will be met by a slay and a warning. If the player(s) continue, they will be killed and warned again. If they continue for a third time, they will be banned.

Offensive spray – The player will be asked to change their spray. If they continue, they will be asked again and informed that it breaks the server rules. If they still continue, bans will be implemented.
Note: Again, I was unable to find any information on whether admins can remove someone’s spray. If you can, please let me know.

That my personal mind, but i'm not into ban players who have offensive sprays. When i found a spray, i erase it and ask the player to change it. If he doesn't, i kick him with for reason, asking him to change his spray (maybe he didn't saw the message or something). But if he spray it again, I ban him from spraying, not from the server. He won't be able to spray anymore, that's enough for me :eek:

Ah that's fair, I wasn't aware you could erase sprays or ban people from spraying, thanks for letting me know :)

I'm gonna keep it short because most has been said already.

I personally think your total amount of play time is a bit on the low end. Especially since you've only started playing since October.
But you seem very motivated and your punishment lengths are looking good imo.

Something that bothers me somewhat is how I haven't really seen you report someone or call an admin (though I have to mention: fanthom and gardevoir handle most of the reports, so they might have seen your name more often). You don't appear to have any of the current admins in your friend list either. This is something I would expect from an ambitious admin.

If you can keep up your sessions and total play time in the future, and you've made some calls and reports on the forum (or via steam pm), I'm willing to give you a chance. But for now, I will stay neutral.

I appreciate the responses, however it's been made clear to me that there's quite a bit I need to improve on, namely playtime. So I'd like to formally retract my application in order to improve on them. I'll possibly apply again at some point in the future.

Note: Except that part about having any current admins on my friend list. If you're referring to my steam friend list, I don't add people unless it's for a specific reason, namely friends I know personally, hence why I don't have any admins on there.

Application declined due to the applicant who retired. You may not apply again for one month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread