Declined Admin Application from Dragon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Member Name Dragon

Whats your name and/or nickname?
dragon

How old are you?

Who, if anyone, gave you permission to apply?

What is your Steam ID 32?
STEAM_0:1:192328022

What are your general online times and your timezone?
UTC +2 CEST Central European Summer Time

mostly weekends and holdiays
around 12 oclock sometimes 7 in the mornig sometimes 10 in the evening
im a trader and this is a server im mostly on for non unusual trading

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?
trade 25

Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Yes

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

Do you have any previous experience as admin or moderator? (if so, tell us more about it)
no sorry
first time in tf2
was a csgosource admin on a jailbrake server but it was a long time ago

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
well there isnt a must reason to do so,
but you seem to be needing staff and a person who has done something like that before is a better choice than a person who hasnt, as a last resort there is no exeact reason not to take me either, ive followed all the rules i know there are

Briefly explain how you'll do your duty as an admin? (tell us about your policies, punishments, etc.)
well everyone gets a chance
i try not being harsh, usualy a mute will suffice
cheaters get a ban
dispencerblocking gets a warning then a kick the a short ban

im applaying since there is mostly always a rulebreaker on trade25 when i join so i want to make my and other player experience better

Please use the trade chat whenever you feel like trading (by pressing /t and typing the message regarding your offer).
There is no trade chat on the server.

I have some thoughts regarding your application, Dragon. It feels quite rushed and some parts could be expanded and/or improved upon quite a bit. More specifically, your reason as to why we should accept you and your policies.

In your policies section you don't really give much detail as how to deal with certain scenarios. You only say you will give cheaters a ban, but does that mean a day? a week? a minute? permanent???

And what's the deal with this?
i try not being harsh, usualy a mute will suffice
Muting someone, for what though? Placing a sentry on the ledge on the roof? :wise:

You do mention "dispenser blocking", which is just blocking in general with all buildings. But you still don't give much detail on the rest of the rules.

Not gonna give a vote yet.

sorry that my application seems to be rushed,
to clarify Da Random's questions,

as with hackers i will follow the server(Panda) rules with a perm ban,
letting spy's into the friendly base would result in a warning and then a 1 day ban,
placing centries on the ledge (only the ones that shoot into the enemy spawn) would result in a warning , kick and then a 1 week ban
voice/chat spam would result in a warning followed by a mute, same goes with "strong" language
building blocking would follow the same consequences as with placing centries on the ledge

as to when i said "i try not being harsh, usualy a mute will suffice", i meant that if the person is spamming or using harsh language, it would not result in a ban but a mute, since the server on wich i was an admin would ban people for 1 day.

hopefully this clears up any questions,
if the admins have any more, feel free to ask

as a followup to my last post on the topic as to why you should accept me,
it's mostly the admins choice,
I atleast think that im a good fit to this community,i try to be nice with the people who play on trade 25 because they are nice to me, most people respect eachother and respect me, so it would be nice to be a part of the kind and growing community

as to when i said "i try not being harsh, usualy a mute will suffice", i meant that if the person is spamming or using harsh language, it would not result in a ban but a mute, since the server on wich i was an admin would ban people for 1 day.
Yeah commblocks for chat-related offenses, and bans for gameplay-related offenses is what we do up in here.

As for the chat, it's hard to say anything about it. You do not spam, nor do you engage in too many conversations with other players either. As the server is for the most part a minecraft TDM 24/7 rather than an actual trading server ( :kappa: ), and has it's loyal tryhard-playerbase, it would be nice to be known by this micro-community, rather than be one of the casual nobodies that come and go strolling by and hopping after 5 minutes of not receiving a trade request.

I'll leave my vote for later as well, want to see whether you can take the tips given and improve on some parts :)

• Agree
Reactions: Zeprus
As far as I can see, you are just another trader on the trade server (no offense).
Your sessions are long on most of the recent days.
I see lack of rule enforcement, where you use the CallAdmin feature without telling the rulebreaker what is wrong with what they do (cheaters excluded).
This is a trade server you're applying for, which means you should have some insight of what you would do, if a scam would occur when you're online on the server.

I wish to see improvements, when it comes to rule enforcement and policies, as Da Random and alperrt have mentioned.
I shall cast my vote as soon as I see results after a few days from now on.

Danny as you say i am a trader and i do hop servers but this server is so to say my last stop, after ive hopped around for a while i come here and "chill".

I would devide scams into 3 categories: sharking ,out of tradewindow and item checks.

On how i would deal with them:
first of all confirm that what happened was a scam (hear out both sides, a run would count as an admition to scamming)

if the scam was confirmed then item checkers and out of tradewindow scammers would get a perm ban and sharkers would get a 1 week ban since there arent alot of people who would fall for sharking.

P.S.
Scam attempts would also get a ban of their following cattegories
if player has a bad steamrep, insta perm ban (ill be using steam rep, not rep on profile since all the - rep comments can be easily deleted)

do correct me in the ban lengths since the rules aren't specific on them

With what I see is we need to put this on hold. Not sure for how long, but looks like you've been requested to improve and admins will give their votes later either in public or private.

The thread is open if the applicant wants to improve the application and also for admin voting. So please do not comment unless you are either of those two.

bump.
Last connect was on 6th August.
Does the Applicant still want to be an Admin? His last login on the forums was 2weeks ago as well.

Declined

Reason above.

Thank you for applying for Admin. :)

Closed and Moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread