Declined Admin Application for US Hightower No Carts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username
Remmylou

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:1:84064596

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
6d 02:49:03h

Link to your Sourcebans record
Bans: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:84064596&Submit=Search
Comms: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:84064596&Submit=Search
My text chat and voice chat are questionable with being aggressive and spamming lenny binds but I mean no bad intentions. I am trying to be a nicer person and I will definitely reduce toxic behaviour.

Server you are applying for
Panda-Community.com US | Hightower | No Carts

General online times & time zone
Eastern Standard Time
Generally Online anywhere from 12pm to 12am EST

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes I do.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I previously was a moderator for a now dead tf2 server named Fiala and Inverts Awesom server. I had a bit of experience with that.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
I play often, so I would be available most of the time. I am older and have previous experience with moderating tf2 servers. I am an open-minded individual and would not hold bias against
anyone. I would make sure to keep the peace in servers and not abuse my powers. I am open to learning the rules, the commands, and being disciplined if I misbehave.

How I would moderate is reading text chat and listening to voice chat. If something caught my attention, I would warn the individual or punish them based on the rules, and warn said
individual using whatever means are recommended. I then would follow the guidelines if the behaviour continues, and then also keep an eye on said individual if their behaviour has stopped.
If the guidelines leave more to my discretion, then I would make my own judgement based on punishments for other individuals in the Sourcebans.

I'm sorry that I did not do enough research for making the application. It was not clear to include very specific punishment guidelines in the template. Here is the punishment guideline I would follow. All individuals will be warned before being punished except in the case of cheating or anything else that receives a ban on first offense.

Profile Rules: A kick, 1 hour ban, 12 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, Permanent ban

Communication Rules: Gag/mute for 30 mins, 2 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 1 week, Permanent gag/mute

Rules of Play: A kick, 1 hour ban, 12 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, Permanent ban

Server Rules: A kick, 1 hour ban, 12 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, Permanent ban

Hey remmy, mentioned this on a different app and just in case you didn't see that I'll also share what's going on here. We don't currently have any admins for Hightower and normally we would gather feedback to help move this along. As you can see 2+ weeks and still nothing on your app, sorry about that. I'll leave my thoughts here though to help speed this up and possibly help you improve, you'll need it based on what I'm about to get into.

My text chat and voice chat are questionable with being aggressive and spamming lenny binds but I mean no bad intentions. I am trying to be a nicer person and I will definitely reduce toxic behaviour.
More than questionable. We actually expect people to have clean chat prior to applying, not just suddenly change after they apply. However, let's say we gave you the benefit of the doubt and voided that. Looking at the past 16 days, this hasn't held up to be true at all. I still see you spamming a lot both in combination with caps and acting purposely incoherent/obnoxious. There's also those Lenny binds you seem to be really big on using. Overall, your chat shows us you are currently way too immature to behave how we would want you. I don't believe I've seen any 20 year olds still talk like that. I'd also like to point out some of your warnings to rulebreakers reflect that immaturity and obnoxiousness. Some examples "remember to be nice <33333333333" "Remember not to be racist XD" but overall, this shouldn't be how you approach people misbehaving. It's hard to take seriously and you don't hold any power to force anyone to do anything. Your warnings should be better explained and easy to understand.

Your sessions are also slightly concerning I must say. Some chunky 1–2-hour sessions here or there but also 1 week+ periods where you aren't connecting for longer than an hour. For a server in huge need for admin attention, your current activity is already not in a very good trend and we would want slightly better activity out of you. Punishments times can be tuned up a little imo, 6th punishment in this community is the permanent one by the way.

I am open to learning the rules, the commands, and being disciplined if I misbehave.
tenor.gif

Anyways I think I'm starting to get into much more minor stuff that is easily fixable, right now the biggest issue by far is behavior. I don't think we should see you be accepted as it stands currently, and it would take some mending in the future to see a different outcome.

Hey remmy, mentioned this on a different app and just in case you didn't see that I'll also share what's going on here. We don't currently have any admins for Hightower and normally we would gather feedback to help move this along. As you can see 2+ weeks and still nothing on your app, sorry about that. I'll leave my thoughts here though to help speed this up and possibly help you improve, you'll need it based on what I'm about to get into.

More than questionable. We actually expect people to have clean chat prior to applying, not just suddenly change after they apply. However, let's say we gave you the benefit of the doubt and voided that. Looking at the past 16 days, this hasn't held up to be true at all. I still see you spamming a lot both in combination with caps and acting purposely incoherent/obnoxious. There's also those Lenny binds you seem to be really big on using. Overall, your chat shows us you are currently way too immature to behave how we would want you. I don't believe I've seen any 20 year olds still talk like that. I'd also like to point out some of your warnings to rulebreakers reflect that immaturity and obnoxiousness. Some examples "remember to be nice <33333333333" "Remember not to be racist XD" but overall, this shouldn't be how you approach people misbehaving. It's hard to take seriously and you don't hold any power to force anyone to do anything. Your warnings should be better explained and easy to understand.

Your sessions are also slightly concerning I must say. Some chunky 1–2-hour sessions here or there but also 1 week+ periods where you aren't connecting for longer than an hour. For a server in huge need for admin attention, your current activity is already not in a very good trend and we would want slightly better activity out of you. Punishments times can be tuned up a little imo, 6th punishment in this community is the permanent one by the way.

Anyways I think I'm starting to get into much more minor stuff that is easily fixable, right now the biggest issue by far is behavior. I don't think we should see you be accepted as it stands currently, and it would take some mending in the future to see a different outcome.
Okay, well I thought I'd try to apply. I'd rather not change my chat as it's part of the fun for me. And no I don't play for multiple hours every day but I thought it would be helpful to be an admin to more quickly deal with people instead of reporting and waiting an unknown amount of time. Too much doesn't happen on the server anyways so I guess it's fine if it doesn't have an admin. Reports usually take care of troublesome people. Thank you for your response.

• Dumb
Reactions: Spam Goose
I went to confirm that the above statement was a retraction of their admin application and it is. They are no longer interested in being admin.

You may reapply in one month: 24th of February 2022.

as said above, declined you may apply again in a month; 24.02.2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread