Accepted Admin Application for Hightower #06 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nooters

Hey guys!
Seeing how little active admins and how many hackers there are on Hightower #06, I decided to give it a shot at applying for admin.

- Real name/Steam nickname
Luka/Noot Noot (it was a request from a friend to change my name to Noot Noot, so I did and I just stuck with it)

- Who gave you permission to apply?
Since my age is above required, and Hightower #06 is listed in the "Available positions" thread, I believe no special permission is necessary.

- Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:1:97155333

- Online times and timezone
I live in Montenegro, which is always 1 hour ahead of London time (due to the clock going backwards and forwards every 6 months, I am confused by the name of the timezone I am in, so just saying '1 hour ahead of London time' seems easier). I am online pretty much every day, during school Monday-Friday after 13:30 (I'll be using Montenegrian time as a reference) to around 22:30 (though of course, I may not be playing TF2 or some other game in that time due to studying), and Saturday/Sunday from 10:00 to around midnight (again, will not be playing all the times due to studying or going out with friends). During school breaks or holidays these times differ, but you can definitely see me play TF2 for at least an hour every single day.

- Which of the servers do you usually play on? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
If you see me playing TF2, you are sure to find me on either Hightower #06, Hightower #10 if #06 is empty, or casual (mostly #06 though). I am not into competitive TF2, I only played one season of HL just for fun, so I mostly just hop into TF2 to relax myself and have fun with some friends occasionally. I guess you could say #06 is my 'main server' (seeing how frequently I play there), but I would visit other servers in case a report pops up.

- Do you have a microphone?
Yes, I use it from time to time, but it's always plugged into my computer and easily accessable.

- Previous experience as Admin/Moderator
Sadly, I have no experience as either, but I am definitely eager to learn, through other Admins, through experience, and through reading different forums.

- Experience with administrating with SourceMod
Again, unfortunately I have no experience, though I am willing to learn so we make Panda servers a better, safer, and a hacker-free place. ^-^

- Why should I be chosen a part of the team?
I am active, trust-worthy, and someone who doesn't take actions without thinking, someone who asks people of higher authority/knowledge prior to doing something (if necessary of course). I guess you could say I'm quite 'popular' on the #06 server, meaning people recognize me as that annoying penguin sniper that always plays on the server. I have a good relationship with a lot of the players, and I'm a well accepted player there, so I have no doubt I would have a similar relationship with the rest of the Panda Community team.
I also hate seeing how slowly admins react to reports coming from this server, and how often people not necessarily abuse the rules, but definitely break them or kind of push what they're doing over the edge. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that sort of guy that's going to follow the rules strictly to the letter, you know, you break this rule and you are instantly banned/muted/kicked or whatever, but since there are rules, why not have someone to regulate the players and warn them about their actions, so they don't repeat them.

- Briefly explain how you would do your job
I know what other players like doing to have fun, and let's face it, we were all that guy who would join a server just to be friendly. I am not the one to disallow other to enjoy their play time, but certainly if the rules are broken, players will recieve an appropriate warning.

- Hacking will result in a permanent ban, followed by applying their demo file on the Panda forums;

- Multiple warnings would result in a prolonged ban;

- Squeakers would recieve a longer mute each time they would come back to doing it (20 minutes, 40 minutes, 1 hour etc) - after multiple warnings, they would get a prolonged ban;

- Highly racist and offensive chat messages or binds would be warned at first, later followed by a gag (or multiple gags), and then at the end a ban;

- Non-english speakers would be warned to speak english; several warnings will result in a gag/mute; etc.

Now I'll be honest with you, Hightower #06 isn't a server that really requires such strict policies, as it's quite a clean and well behaved server, though of course, that isn't to say I won't be applying my policies to anyone who is breaking the rules.
I don't know if I mention every necessary policy or punishment, so if I didn't, I'll be happy to list it down in the responses if demanded.

I think that concludes my apply, sorry if it's a bit of a longer read, but I thought better mention everything that I think is worthy, rather than holding back and possibly having an invalid apply. Also sorry if I made any grammar mistakes, and I apologise for using the same words multiple times (I don't like being repetitive, but I can't avoid it and I hate it so much :mad: )

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day! ^-^

Noot Noot has passed all the requirements.

Setting this app as Pending.

@spAce

Please give a feedback on this app. You have aleast 1 week. Other Admins can also give a feedback on this app too. If you know Noot Noot and play's with him/her.

Thank you.

Thought I'd chip in my two cents, if spAce is the only admin on Hightower.
  • Your app's well-written.
    • The only thing I'd work on is extending your punishment times 'cause 20 minutes is rather lenient.
    • Trial admins aren't capable of permanently banning players. If you suspect a hacker, record a demo from their perspective and place a 1 week ban. Then, share the demo with any Full admin, and they'll change the ban to permanent if found guilty.
  • Your session time is good.
  • Your chatlog is poor.
    • Seems like you get triggered too easily. I'd work on that 'cause administrating can be stressful at times, when players are openly disregarding the rules.
yx8f.PNG

ktah.PNG

rnz9.PNG
  • Ease off on the emoticon binds, and remove useless or provoking binds, such as "TOILET MOTHERFUCKER" and "Cry here ---> \__/ Africa needs water".
920c.PNG

f57s.PNG

Edit: Changing my vote to +1, since he's willing to change his behavior, and motivated to learn.

Thanks for your reply and criticism @Cryptic , I'm happy to take any.

First of all, I would work on my punishments definitely, I just have no experience as an admin so I'm quite clueless of how long the appropriate punishment should be, but I'm willing to learn and take any advice I can.

Secondly, yeah I assume I have a problem with getting quite angry sometimes,it just runs in my family, we all get annoyed or irritated really quickly, but I can keep my anger under control when I judge that it needs to be done, and reduce the amount of 'toxic' messages or swear words (game-wise).

Lastly, I removed the Africa bind, it was a joke I probably laughed more than I should have when I initially saw it, but I got bored of it by now. As far as emoticons, I only use the "༼⁰o⁰༽" one, which is just another way for me to say ":eek:" or "B)" or "wow" when something spectacular happens in game, like a really fancy air-shot :eek:

Again, thanks for your critique and opinion, and if you need anything else from me, let me know. ^-^

Reactions: Cryptic
Again, thanks for your critique and opinion, and if you need anything else from me, let me know.
Not a problem. I have to say, you took my criticism quite well. Applicants tend to take criticism negatively, and come up with all sorts of excuses as to why their poor behavior is deemed appropriate. I'm willing to change my vote to a +1, if you fix your punishments. I suggest looking at the communication SourceBan page for assistant. You'll be able to gain a general idea of how long admins tend to ban/communication block a rule-breaker for each offense.

SourceBan Link: https://bans.panda-community.com

if you fix your punishments.
If by that you mean edit my original apply, I don't know why but it doesn't give me an option to do that.
But from what I've been able to tell, mutes and gags tend to start at around 1 or 2 hours, and then the user gets longer and longer bans (up to 4 or 5 of them?) before getting a significantly longer one.
Hackers are usually started off with at least a 1 week ban (if it's a trial admin) before being permanently banned (or immediately permantently if the admin that banned the user is a full admin).
Other types of bans (which I honestly don't understand since I don't play on other Panda servers, but at least I can read the ban time B)) usually start at 2+ hours as well, and they work their way up to week or month long bans (or yknow permanent).

Also, why not take the criticism when I'm here to learn ^-^

First of all thanks @Cryptic for helping me out. Apologies for delay I was going through all your sessions and chat and @Cryptic covered all the questions I would've had for you to answer and you seem to be a quite well at handling situations thrown at you though they mein seem rather diplomatic but I am fine by that.

I appreciate your honesty and willing to change for good, I can't stress that enough for the people who want power in any aspect of life. But the only request I have for you is that if you're furious towards someone don't talk low, keep quiet also say nothing and dominate while playing (actions speak louder than words), I aasume you'd soon be in authoritative situations where you have to act like an adult and talking low would only deteriorate your name's credibility.

TL;DR I like you, you have my positive vote, but stand on your word of fixing your anger.

Thanks for your input, spAce, it's much appreciated.

Yeah, I always try to hold back my anger, and I succeed many times (you don't even know) though sometimes it's just stronger than me and I have to let it out. I could have also had a bad day and then I show it even easier; I try to hold it back but it just doesn't work, and that's a problem I have not just in game, but in real life. It's something that's gonna follow me as long as I live, and the only thing I can really do is try and keep my cool under stressful situations (which I'm constantly and consciously trying to do).

As an admin I'll be constantly aware that I have to remain patient, because as Cryptic stated players like to annoy admins when they think they're right. Who knows, maybe this whole admin thing may help me become better at staying relaxed, but I'll keep my word.

Again, thanks for your opinion, if you need anything else from me, feel free to let know ^-^

That's all we need. :)

Setting this app as Under Review.

Admins, if you want to add a feedback on this app or change your vote, please let me know or Madact on Steam.

accepted, welcome in the team.
your mentor during your trial phase will be @spAce, should you have any questions feel free to ask us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread