Accepted Admin Application by iamhuman (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhuman

Your name and/or nickname

My name is human

Your age

I am 21 years old

Who gave you permission to apply?

Not needed as of 12/13/2022 5:31 AM EST due to the available positions list.

Current playtime on relevant server(s)

Jailbreak: 55d 07:33:00h
2Fort: 1d 01:48:17h

Your Steam32 ID

STEAM_1:1:60726659

Your general online times and your timezone

My time zone is Eastern (EST, UTC-05:00)
I am available any time I'm not working, and my schedule is always changing so I can't say for certain when I'll be on.
But I'll be on at least 20 hours a week considering TF2 is one of my main pass times.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I'd like to take care of US Jailbreak and US 2Fort, I often play on both of those servers and enjoy my time on them.

Do you have a microphone?

Yes, my microphone is clear.

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

Just a quick disclaimer that this answer is a copy & paste of my last application, with the addition of my experience on this server as well. This is only because my experience is clearly stated and I can't see how I can really make this any better than last time.

I started in 2014 as a very young admin on an old community known as PBFortress. They were one of the largest community servers ranging from 2012 to its eventual downfall around 2017. I remained active on the server until 2017, when they started losing players. After that, I migrated to Wonderland.tf. Wonderland is where I earned the most experience staffing on Jailbreak, Saxton Hale, and many other gamemodes. I do admit my time on Wonderland was pretty rocky, I was a lot younger and going through that typical teen phase most of us go through. If you do require more information on my experience on Wonderland, feel free to DM me on Discord on Steam and we can discuss more. After I moved away from Wonderland, I found myself on War3Evo. It was a very small community with many veteran staff members who have been with the community since its beginning in 2012. I was a staff member for a few months until their player count started collapsing. My history on War3Evo was much more positive than my previous term on Wonderland. I was about 18-19 when I started moderating on War3Evo, and I am much more professional than I was previously on Wonderland.

As stated in the first line of this question, I also had experience as an admin on Panda Community, I started on March 16 to somewhere around June. I left because I felt I wasn't having fun as an admin in comparison to being a regular member of jailbreak.
I will get more into this later on in this application.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

I have been using SourceMod for many years, and I'm very familiar with how it works.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I think I should start this off by saying how intense of a passion I have for Jailbreak. Team Fortress 2 is a game I grew up with, and there are so many memories I've made playing it. And Jailbreak is the hallmark of it all. It's hard to believe that after so many years I still find myself playing this game and only this game. I genuinely believe that my love for this game allows me to be a positive part of the community, and continuing my duty as an admin here can bring back the peace on Jailbreak. There has been a rebellion lately, a rebellion that goes past prisoners versus guards. I currently feel like many griefers are against this community right now. They are wreaking unnecessary havoc and unfortunately there aren't enough active staff members to cover all time zones and prevent this issues. I believe I can help make a change I will do whatever I can to make a difference and improve the quality of gameplay of Jailbreak.

I'd like to get into why I left the Jailbreak staff team back in June. Unfortunately it wasn't a great time for me considering that I was stressed with an outside personal ordeal, but I also admit that I spent too much time in game and burned myself out. I'm going to make sure that doesn't happen again. I've spent a lot of time finding new hobbies, and it has helped me greatly in living a healthy lifestyle, and I will always incorporate Jailbreak as a part of that, but I've learned that too much of anything can be debilitating. I believe I have now found a balance, and I'm ready to take on this task once again.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I will be keeping tabs on players and the server, being sure to look out for anyone breaking rules and taking action on them. I would also be sure to establish a sense of safety in game. Focusing on Jailbreak here, I want to make sure that the rounds run smoothly with no issues, seeing that orders are clearly stated by warden, and ensuring that guards are active and looking out for the warden and rebels. Because Jailbreak is a form of roleplay, it's also very important that we all enjoy ourselves. Taking Jailbreak seriously is fine, but we are all human and want to enjoy our time on here together. I will implant that ideal in game to the best of my ability. As for 2Fort, I will also keep the peace and order and make sure that no one is being rude or disrespectful. Keeping track of the forums will also be part of my duties, letting a full-admin know if there's any issues that I wouldn't be able to handle on my own.

Micspamming or Chatspamming, overly provocative behavior, racism, etc. (sm_gag, sm_mute, sm_silence)

- Give a clear warning
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 10,080 (1 week)
- 43,200 (1 month)
- 0 (Permanent)

Freekilling, Favourtism, not knowing rules in general (sm_slay, sm_teamban)

- Slay and referral to our Jailbreak rules via the forums
- 120 (2 hours)
- 240 (4 hours)
- 480 (8 hours)
- 960 (16 hours)
- 0 (Permanent)

Mass Freekill (sm_teamban)

- 0 (Permanent)
- A ban for 10080 (1 week) [sm_ban]

Exploiting (sm_slay, sm_ban)

- Slay and clear warning
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 10,080 (1 week)
- 43,200 (1 month)
- 0 (Permanent)

Cheating, Hacking, DDoS (with proof) [sm_ban]

- 0 (Permanent, with a full-admins Permission, and proof via demo file or recording)

Innapropriate sprays

- Give a clear warning (sm_sprayban?)
- 0 (Permanent)

Useful Information

HLSTATS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=517150
CHAT: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=517150
SESSIONS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playersessions&player=517150
ACTIONS/EVENTS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerhistory&player=517150
BANS: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_1:1:60726659&Submit=Search
COMMS: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:60726659&Submit=Search

Full Admins

@Magglet
@Semicolon Backslash

Trial Admins

@crubf
@Coal
@OpenDanger
@Cridove

Epilogue

I want to apologize for leaving the staff team so early. I hope that I can be trusted with this permission once again, and I want to do even better than last time. Given my circumstances, I think I could make that happen this time around.

Thank you.

Assuming you don't burn yourself out like last time I would love to have you back. You were a great admin back then and I'm sure you'll do good again.

+1

I feel the same as what Semi wrote, with just a small concern.
Your micspam became rather frequent after you resigned, I saw a few clips that would show you being obnoxiously loud. I don't think you do it as much as you did a while ago, but I think this is worth mentioning. As long you can control yourself to not overdo it then it should be fine.

+1

Was a good admin when I checked into the server from time to time over the course of your run, when i came back finally, you were a bit, uhhhh micspammy. Try not to do that again and i think you'd be great back up here. (you've been on good recently even tho some play time increase would be nice)

+1

Reactions: iamhuman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread