Accepted Admin Application by Cridove (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer911-1

Username
Steam: Cridove
Discord: Cridove#4467

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:70312089

Your Age

Current Playtime On Relevant Server
27d 06:35:38h

Link To Your Sourcebans Record
  • Both Bans Invalid
  • Most recent Block: 31.01.2017

Server You Are Applying For?
US | Jailbreak

General Online Times & Time Zone
Time Zone:
  • Central European Summer Time (CET); Coordinated Universal Time +1 (UTC +1)
  • Central European Summer Time (CEST); Coordinated Universal Time +2 (UTC +2)
General Online Times:
  • Monday - Thursday: 15:30 - 21:00
  • Friday: 15:30 - 00:00
  • Saturday and Public Holidays: 08:00 - 00:00
  • Sunday: 08:00 - 21:00

Do You Have A Working Microphone?
Yes

Previous Experience As Admin Or Moderator
First Admin Experience as a #25 | Trade Admin: 28.05.2018 - 28.11.2018
Second Admin Experience as a #05 | VS Saxton Hale, then US | Jailbreak Admin: 21.03.2020 - 22.06.2021

Note: For the time I was a Gameserver admin, I had extended my influence over most of the servers except for Dodgeball and Deathrun, so I have made lots of experience on my second run.

What Would You Say Makes You A Suitable Candidate?
Alright, in the 2nd round we go with a hopefully better Application compared to the previous one. It was alright although I just could not stop thinking about ways to make it look better. Going off topic now so here we go again.
I have been enjoying Jailbreak again since last September/October. Although I have made my application somewhat too soon after I came back, I still think it was worth doing it, especially since I got to learn some personal mistakes from your given feedback that I overlooked or was not aware of. Some of which I think are less relevant now, but not useless, since many months have passed since my return.
Time Zones. Zee is so far still the only non US based admin assigned for that server, and I still encounter many times where no admin was available due to certain circumstances. At some point it would occur daily that I had to deal with situations that kind of sucked out the fun of Jailbreak. Doing lots of calls and occasionally making reports is what I do, however it is a hideous task to do when it is much easier to be an admin instead.
Then there was of course about my, less recent, resignation that I made. It was done in the heat of the moment as I had most likely just experienced burnout for the first time. Even if it was not burnout, I will atleast be more cautious when it comes to overdoing "administrative" work, in order to prevent to have it happen again. Last time I stupidly brought up my case of personal problems, however they do not play a role since I want to apply for admin as a sort of volunteer work that I enjoy doing, rather than avoiding my personal problems.
And most importantly Helping others by answering questions is something I love doing and being an admin lets me get there. Helper threads, assisting in making applications or other miscellaneous threads is something which I think I am already quite decent at.
Regardless of who I talk to, I try to be as unbiased as possible and attempt to treat people as equally as possible.

Note: There will definitely be moments others see as plain obvious while I am being completely oblivious to the entire situation, so having a helping hand, or in the very least a 2nd opinion, will be very helpful for me.

Punishments
Same as usual I will try my best to give out fair warnings (exceptions) in cases of people going a bit too far over the edge with the rules. The amount of warnings various in certain scenarios so giving an accurate number is not possible. I record every session with OBS and the ingame Console. The Console mainly used against cheaters and OBS for easy editing purposes.
As for Actual Punishments they go as follows, if my position was to be a Gameserver Admin.

Mild Offenses:
  • Insulting, Toxic, Racial Slurs/Racism, Offensive Language, Provoking, Harrasment, Spam in Chat, Spam in Voice, Excessive use of Soundboard, Encouraging Rulebreaking, Foreign Language, Ghosting, Deadtalking, Overtalking, Overuse of Caps, Advertising.
  • Command Spam, Exploiting, Delaying/Stalling rounds, Callabusing, Admin Impersonation, Avoiding Punishment, NSFW/NSFL Signs/Names/Descriptions/Profile Pictures.
  • Freekilling, Freehitting, Baiting, Teamkilling, Failwarden, AFK on BLU, Inactive Guard, Disobeying wardens orders, False orders, Favouring, Playing banned Minigames.
General Server/Communications Bans in Mild Offenses:
  1. 480 Minutes | 8 Hours
  2. 1440 Minutes | 1 Day
  3. 4320 Minutes | 3 Days
  4. 10080 Minutes | 1 Week
  5. 43200 Minutes | 1 Month
  6. 0 | Permanent
Guardbans in Mild Offenses:
  1. 120 Minutes | 2 Hours
  2. 240 Minutes | 4 Hours
  3. 360 Minutes | 6 Hours
  4. 0 | Permanent

Severe Offenses:
  • Advertising.
  • Cheating/Use of 3rd Party tools, DDos threat, Dox threat, Scamming, Admin Impersonation, Avoiding Punishment, NSFW/NSFL Signs/Names/Descriptions/Profile Pictures/Sprays.
  • Mass Freekilling, Mass Teamkilling.
General Server/Communications Bans in Severe Offenses:
  1. 0 | Permanent
Guardbans in Severe Offenses:
  1. 0 | Permanent + General Server/Communications Bans in Mild Offenses

Other Offenses:
  • No Microphone, NSFW/NSFL Sprays.
Punishments in Other Offenses:
  • 0 | Permanent Sprayban
  • 0 | Permanent Guardban

Other Additional Information
Permission was given by Semicolon Backslash

Legend
Green - Criteria requirements met
Blue - Daylight Saving Time (DST) in the Summer Months
Orange - Dependent on Situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty easy for me to vote on this one, Hello Cridove, Imma keep this short and nice.

Its been awhile since your last application and i think thats a Plus for you since a big complaint we had was your rushing into applying after just coming back, but now personally i think thats not really a problem no more.

Besides that its only pros from here on out, You’re experienced and your timezone lines pretty well to close or atleast shorten the gap we have.

Cheers.

+1

Hey Cridove, I'll go ahead and say you have more experience than me on Panda, so I'm not sure how much my opinion counts.

You cover great timezones, I'm up from like 12 AM to 10 AM EST moderating the servers like it's a night shift, so it's good to hopefully have someone that doesn't need to be nocturnal to take care of those times. :D

You're a great player who cares about this place just as much as we do, and I know you'll do great, you already pretty much know what your doing anyways.

I am truly hoping that you don't let this burn you out again, and if it ever does, it never hurts to take a break. Jailbreak is definitely the most difficult servers to moderate here, and it takes grit to effectively do your job well. But I believe you have what it takes to kick ass and take names, so you have my
+1 :):) Good luck!

I'll keep this short

Overall, I see your improvements and your dedication of applying. I can really tell since the jb team is talking about it. I'm very glad you brought up your burnout. That was my concern back at your previous app. You need know when it is a good time to be serious or haha funny momento. Timezone is good and that's all it is too it. I believe you can take my +1, take this +1 as a sign that you have improved and the will to continue forward. All pros on your last app are shared here as well. Chatlogs , warnings, etc. I'll be happy to have you as my mentee if you do get accepted or it will go back to Bambi again xD.

VOTE:
+1

Hello Cridove,

You have seemingly repaired a majority of the issues that were present in your prior application. I would still like to bring up your awareness (I was guilty to this in my first few weeks do not worry.) Anyways, I tend to see that you don't provide reaction quite often to rulebreakers, although it is my job to enforce that stuff, I prefer to watch from the backlines, and not oust myself as an admin as long as possible, with a last resort being private say, or other say commands. I have not seen you too much recently though, so I have no gauge if this has improved, also it isn't that big of a deal, and is quite easy to fix. This only becomes a problem when you are online and people are aware, and you don't react, this makes a bad look.

Second, I would question commitment, but you seem to have fixed any issues regarding that. If you need a bit of time away, just file an activity. If you need help not getting burned out, we are here. Times you are online have gotten better, you had us scared at your last application, since your sessions perfectly overlapped with many of the admins at the time, but currently, that isn't the case, and even if it is, covering a troublesome time is worth it. Also now, your sessions are much more consistent, so props to you, better than mine in consistency in my opinion.

Application is great and well formatted, along with such your punishments show no problems, and should be easy to stack with current ones. Either way, punishments can be discussed if they conflict: upon approval.

Chatlogs, and Voice Chat are Great, your mic quality is not consistent from my experiences, but works well often enough. Use Text Chat if dead to tell people off, I don't see it often, but it is often a good inclusion

Anyhow I am fine giving you a +1

Don't take this critique too harshly, I just like to try to give as much helpful info as I can think of so that I can provide for others who respond here. Though some of this might help your application, or future moderation.

? Good Luck
?️

I'm of the opinion that what happened last Summer was caused by you over-moderating everything and trying handle everything. I know you wanna help but if you are to come back (which based off the previous votes you will) I think you need to take a chill pill when it comes to moderation. Over-moderating can be just as harmful as no moderation and I believe it is better to try and help players understand what they did wrong rather than punish after the bare minimum number of warnings.

Other than that I don't have any more problems that actually matter and I do appreciate you trying to help out the community. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread