Declined Admin administration for :) on "Panda-Community.com US | Hightower (no carts)" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley-face

# Application for admin - Hightower US

# Username

:)

# Steam32 ID

STEAM_0:1:27243582

# Your age

# Current playtime on relevant server(s)

Hightower US : 3d 00:50:20h
(https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=1093678)

# Link to your Sourcebans record

Tried to find it at https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:27243582&advType=steamid but nothing came out. I've never been banned though so idk it that's that.

# (If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
/

# Primary servers + servers you could confidently join in case of a report.

`Panda-Community.com US | Hightower | No Carts` mainly, but I've also been seen on `Panda-Community.com US | 2Fort`.

I would also be open for a few emergency interventions on other US servers, but my focus is mainly on the hightower server.

# General online times & time zone

I live in EST time zone, mostly around during the afternoons and sometimes late at night. Pandemic has me on more often, ngl.

# Do you have a working microphone?

Yes, and I am comfortable using it if I need to.

# Previous experience as Admin or Moderator

Minecraft and tf2 moderation, but that was a few years ago.
I used to do moderation on tf2 servers around 2009-2010, plus some minecraft moderation since. I also work as a generalist systems administrator in real life, so I've got experience with administration as well.

I know how to read documentation, so learning the usage of sourcebans wouldn't be a big barrier.

# What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

There's no one else applying lmao.

But more seriously, I feel strongly that to cultivate an atmosphere that is fun and inclusive for as many players as possible, some problematic behaviors must be prevented by way of administrative measures.

More specifically, there is a non-negligible portion of the users - at least in the US Hightower server - who take pride at being disruptive, if not oppressive with homophobic, transphobic or racist remarks (to name a few). I feel that if we can have ways to prevent such comments to occur, by at least temporarily muting users who make discriminatory comments ( after having given proper warning of course) , will prevent a culture of discrimination to proliferate in the servers.

That is my main concern with the way the server currently exists, but I recognize that issues of oppressive behavior that require moderation are diverse and an open mind is required at all times.

# Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I do not believe in reform through incarceration or exclusion, but since most people with discriminatory comments (which are specifically listed as prohibited behavior in the official panda-community rules) use chat or voice chat to hold these remarks, I feel that muting is a good, easy solution.

Evidently, other types of rule breaks such as cheating may require different sanctions, and I am willing to follow policies that might regulate the procedures for interventions. I do not know if there are already such policies our but I'd be interested in reading through them and applying them in potential moderation interventions.

Cheers to all, and hoping to bring some positive change in the server!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ura
You need to include your plans of ban, mute and gag times, like look at other admin applications that show this but you likely should have known this if you wanted to apply

# Application for admin - Hightower US

# Username

# Steam32 ID

STEAM_0:1:27243582

# Your age

# Current playtime on relevant server(s)

Hightower US : 3d 00:50:20h
(https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=1093678)

# Link to your Sourcebans record

Tried to find it at https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:27243582&advType=steamid but nothing came out. I've never been banned though so idk it that's that.

# (If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
/

# Primary servers + servers you could confidently join in case of a report.

`Panda-Community.com US | Hightower | No Carts` mainly, but I've also been seen on `Panda-Community.com US | 2Fort`.

I would also be open for a few emergency interventions on other US servers, but my focus is mainly on the hightower server.

# General online times & time zone

I live in EST time zone, mostly around during the afternoons and sometimes late at night. Pandemic has me on more often, ngl.

# Do you have a working microphone?

Yes, and I am comfortable using it if I need to.

# Previous experience as Admin or Moderator

Minecraft and tf2 moderation, but that was a few years ago.
I used to do moderation on tf2 servers around 2009-2010, plus some minecraft moderation since. I also work as a generalist systems administrator in real life, so I've got experience with administration as well.

I know how to read documentation, so learning the usage of sourcebans wouldn't be a big barrier.

# What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

There's no one else applying lmao.

But more seriously, I feel strongly that to cultivate an atmosphere that is fun and inclusive for as many players as possible, some problematic behaviors must be prevented by way of administrative measures.

More specifically, there is a non-negligible portion of the users - at least in the US Hightower server - who take pride at being disruptive, if not oppressive with homophobic, transphobic or racist remarks (to name a few). I feel that if we can have ways to prevent such comments to occur, by at least temporarily muting users who make discriminatory comments ( after having given proper warning of course) , will prevent a culture of discrimination to proliferate in the servers.

That is my main concern with the way the server currently exists, but I recognize that issues of oppressive behavior that require moderation are diverse and an open mind is required at all times.

# Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I do not believe in reform through incarceration or exclusion, but since most people with discriminatory comments (which are specifically listed as prohibited behavior in the official panda-community rules) use chat or voice chat to hold these remarks, I feel that muting is a good, easy solution.

Evidently, other types of rule breaks such as cheating may require different sanctions, and I am willing to follow policies that might regulate the procedures for interventions. I do not know if there are already such policies our but I'd be interested in reading through them and applying them in potential moderation interventions.

Cheers to all, and hoping to bring some positive change in the server!

# Example of intervention guidelines

These are hopefully subject to change during course of me getting more experience.

# Chat / voicechat abuse - discriminatory remarks / mic spam / chat spam

( Gag if from mic, mute if from chat, silence if both)

1. Reminder of the panda-community rules + warning

2. 15 mins gag / mute / silence

3. 4h gag / mute

4. 24h gag / mute

5. One week gag / mute

6. One month gag / mute.

7. Perm gag/mute

# Cheating / hacking abuse (with proof)

2. 1 day ban

3. One week ban

4. One month ban

5. Perma ban

# Adult / discriminatory / hate-speech content in sprays

2. Kick

3. 4h ban

4. 24h ban

5. 1 week ban

6. 1 month ban

7. Perma ban

Hopefully that solidly covers some bases!

You need to include your plans of ban, mute and gag times, like look at other admin applications that show this but you likely should have known this if you wanted to apply
Thank you for your feedback. I have replied to my OP including an attempt at intervention guidelines.

I couldn't figure out how to edit my post, let me know if I should remake it entirely.

Cheers!

With no admin to feedback as there is no acting admin for US Hightower looks like I'll give my best for feedback.

I would suggest you start making player reports on the forums to help with the problem you described in suitable candidate. You can find that here:

Your punishment guidelines will need working on. Hacking is perm ban no warning. We don't really warn kick unless for specific rules and our punishments start from more than 1 hour. If anything a start of 12 hours is ideal so long as a warning is given clearly in chat. All stuff you'll learn if you get accepted but it's good to know where your mindset is on punishments.

If you can prove yourself with some player reports, start giving warnings in chat and keep up your session times you'll be what we're looking for. I'm not sure if you'll make it in the upcoming wave if it's soon so you'll have to wait a while. It's a good while to prove that you could be an excellent applicant. So good luck, as I'll be putting this under review. Any questions or inactivity during the time your application is up please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread